WSL 23/24 | United v Liverpool - 12:15 on Sun 17 Dec

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Some Sundays are busier than others. This one of course is a chance for United to put us all into a festive mood :D

Liverpool are better this season than they were last year - they're fifth in the League and only three points behind us. We beat Liverpool 0-1 in the WSL Cup about three weeks ago so.

According to Marc Skinner - we're still talking contracts to Mary Earps; we would like Melvine Malard to stay and we're taking about that as well.

Hayley Ladd has now signed a new contract so that's good news for us.

The long-term injuries to Gabby George and Emma Watson mean that we might recruit in January if the right player becomes available.

No other real team news from the press conference so I'm hoping we didn't pick up any injuries midweek.

It's the last match of the year for the women's team. We won't be seeing them in England again until the 14th January, when we play Newcastle in the WFA Cup fourth round. It would be nice to close the year on a high.

Demon Barber

Some Sundays are busier than others. This one of course is a chance for United to put us all into a festive mood :D

Liverpool are better this season than they were last year - they're fifth in the League and only three points behind us. We beat Liverpool 0-1 in the WSL Cup about three weeks ago so.

According to Marc Skinner - we're still talking contracts to Mary Earps; we would like Melvine Malard to stay and we're taking about that as well.

Hayley Ladd has now signed a new contract so that's good news for us.

The long-term injuries to Gabby George and Emma Watson mean that we might recruit in January if the right player becomes available.

No other real team news from the press conference so I'm hoping we didn't pick up any injuries midweek.

It's the last match of the year for the women's team. We won't be seeing them in England again until the 14th January, when we play Newcastle in the WFA Cup fourth round. It would be nice to close the year on a high.
It will be a tough game, but we should be strong enough to get the win. I also think Tottenham could get something against Arsenal. Actually, that's more hope than belief!

A nice festive holiday then a week in Malta (is it Eindhoven we play?) then back and raring to go.

Grande

It will be a tough game, but we should be strong enough to get the win. I also think Tottenham could get something against Arsenal. Actually, that's more hope than belief!

A nice festive holiday then a week in Malta (is it Eindhoven we play?) then back and raring to go.
Hope and belief, and Martha Thomas, seems enough in the end to beat Arsenal ;)

let’s at least hope we win thehome game vs Liverpool tomorrow, as the away points may be harder to get by!

FlexoRodriguez

Yeah, a win today I think would separate the top four a bit, would be a six point gap. Would also keep the pressure on city and Chelsea, although I can't see them having issues winning their games today. Still, with city beating spurs 7-0 and then spurs beating arsenal, who knows!?!
Really hope we can keep Mallard, she has been mint so far, so much enthusiasm.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
how the f*ck did the official missed that obvious handball?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This was the best we have played in a while and somehow it’s 1-1 . Some terrible decision making in the final third

Eric_the_Red99

Liverpool just working a hell of a lot harder than us at the moment. They’re swarming us all over the pitch.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Annoying to lose the lead to a blatant handball goal, still I prefer no VAR

Just need to play like we did in the first quarter and we will win

Lightbringer

And here comes the tactical goaltender delay of game time out of course....sighs.

Lightbringer

Earps angry shouting FECK OFF in Turners face at the end after Earps once again failed to kick a ball properly...

Thats pretty much season over for the league, heartbreaking.

And the day is not even over.....

Last edited:

Eric_the_Red99

So poor from United. Very much second best to Liverpool in every department from 20 minutes onwards, and they thoroughly deserved the win. No way we’re finishing in the top 3 this season. We’ll end up behind Liverpool and Spurs at this rate.

Last season should have been a springboard for greater success, but unfortunately we instead decided to rest on our laurels while every other team in the WSL improved. So frustrating.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Earps shouting FECK OFF in Turners face at the end after Earps once again failed to kick a ball properly...

Thats pretty much season over for the league, heartbreaking.

And the day is not even over.....
Why is this happening? Not replacing players properly? Bad management? Is Mary Earps now a bit of a distraction? Why?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Worst result of the season - didn't deserve much either

beat these 6-0 last season, Liverpool have improved massively TBF but we have gone backwards

Still their first goal would have been disallowed for handball with VAR, there was also a tackle on Williams that was a red but still we didn't play well

The clash of heads was horrible - hope she's ok

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Great start to the match but that was really all we got. Liverpool were the better team for big chunks of that match. Skinner after the match talked about defensive errors and used those "they wanted it more" terms that always feel like a lazy cop out to me.

Not a good way to start the day.

Not a good way to bow out of LSV for the year, not for the fans or the players. No chance to make up for that feeling for another month either.

I guess we just have to hope that the winter training camp in Malta gets them back in the right shape. We're still in two cup competitions, we won't be in anything by the end of January unless we come back strong.

StretfordEnd78

United should have gone 3 up.
Squandered chance and a bit of bad luck but Liverpool deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.
United had no answer.
Substitutions predictable for me so opposition coaches know what's coming and plan accordingly.
Out thought and out fought. Clubs have sussed us out.
If he's got no new ideas Skinner can move on for me.
Hopefully we get a cup run because league has long gone.
Hope the Earps circus is resolved soon. If she won't sign get rid in January.

Demon Barber

That was a very disappointing result, obviously, but I do not think we played that badly. Toone, despite her goal, Parris and Zelem I thought could all have done more.

Liverpool grew into the game, and we allowed them to. Once again I thought Skinner was way too late with his substitutions. Being so predictable makes us easy to play against.

There will be more surprise results in the WSL this season so I would not write off our top-three chances just yet.