Xabi Alonso | Bayern Munich player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan M

According to many sources last few days.

Wonder why he wants out of Madrid? Surely it's perfect for a Spaniard to end their playing days winning things at the biggest club in their homeland?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's 30 years old and has two years remaining on his contract. This isn't the biggest piece of news really. Madrid might want to replace him by then anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He'll be nearly 33 by the end of his contract.

I'd take him in a heart beat. He's the sort of midfielder who can have a fantastic Twilight period of his career.

There's obviously a link between this and Modric though, whether it is a rumour by the media because of Modric signing or whether it is Madrid not wanting to put more into his contract because of the investment in Modric.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He still has two years to run it down so there's no hurry, perhaps he's not sure if he'll still be able to hold down his place in the first team when he's 33.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'd take him here in an instant.

Homeomorphic

He's a loyal lad. He still visits Anfield. He wouldn't join United. In 2 years he might go back to Liverpool. It's probably true that he won't end his career in Madrid. Even club legends like Raul don't.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Would be amazing, deligted if he came here, or Everton.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If he's available buy.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is this a thing now? Talking about buying people in 2 or 3 years when their contract run out?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Is this a thing now? Talking about buying people in 2 or 3 years when their contract run out?
Yeah its a bit silly. It should only be done for Arsenal players because it inevitable.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
What the feck is this shit again? Slow day for the papers? No real quotes anywhere yet, so I bet it's bollocks.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Vato - any progress on this story?

If he does come back to England - hell probably be Chelsea bound but would anyone have him at United? Age isn't exactly on his side but he's game doesn't rely on pace etc.

He'd be a quality addition along with another "star" CM signing though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Would he come to United after his love for Liverpool?

I'm not so sure.

VivaJanuzaj

Vato - any progress on this story?

If he does come back to England - hell probably be Chelsea bound but would anyone have him at United? Age isn't exactly on his side but he's game doesn't rely on pace etc.

He'd be a quality addition along with another "star" CM signing though.
What would make him want to go to Chelsea rather than Liverpool? Mourinho?
I don't think so.

I heard rumors that RM are negotiating terms with him but I feel like he's bound to move to Liverpool next season. They're an improving team, with place for him at his heart(he said that), with a place for him in they're formation and squad at his age. It's perfect for him :(

RedRover

What would make him want to go to Chelsea rather than Liverpool? Mourinho?
I don't think so.

I heard rumors that RM are negotiating terms with him but I feel like he's bound to move to Liverpool next season. They're an improving team, with place for him at his heart(he said that), with a place for him in they're formation and squad at his age. It's perfect for him :(
He might love Liverpool - but I suspect other clubs will offer him a lot more money.

Liverpool have a decent midfield and seem to be keener to buy younger players who may have a bit of sell on value. He'd want big wages, which I would imagine would put them off given the investment in the likes of Suarez.

He's a good player but I'm always cautious of older midfielders coming back to the PL. He plays in a great side in Madrid, a side much better than 90% of their opposition. He never had a lot of pace and it often doesn't take long for a player to hit the downward curve in their career and for games to pass them by.

VivaJanuzaj

He might love Liverpool - but I suspect other clubs will offer him a lot more money.

Liverpool have a decent midfield and seem to be keener to buy younger players who may have a bit of sell on value. He'd want big wages, which I would imagine would put them off given the investment in the likes of Suarez.

He's a good player but I'm always cautious of older midfielders coming back to the PL. He plays in a great side in Madrid, a side much better than 90% of their opposition. He never had a lot of pace and it often doesn't take long for a player to hit the downward curve in their career and for games to pass them by.
Yeah I definitely agree that when he will be pressed hard at the pace of PL he'll find it more difficult, but over the last years bar his injury he looked magnificent still, and money might not be the issue for someone like him after so many years at the top. I can see him moving to Liverpool's rotation for a couple of years before retiring, it's actually a win win situation for both parties because Alonso will be regarded as a Liverpool great, plus he will get more than a few playing minutes and plenty of love from the fans, and if he stays fit I think he can currently be they're best midfielder. Lucas doesn't seem right for these levels and Henderson plays more forward recently, I think he's a perfect fit there and I fear him feeding Suarez from deep.

It might also come down to wether Suarez stay a Liverpool player in the summer or not, if he won't it might take a lot of Liverpool's attraction to players even if they will finish at the top.

Bojan11

He hates Rafa though.

Last I heard he was signing a new contract, but that seems to have gone quiet. I can see Juventus a more likely destination with him replacing Pirlo.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The Spanish press don't know where's he's going. It was thought he'd made his mind up to leave, but Ancelotti's been trying to convince him otherwise. The rumours say England, not Germany (like Raul) nor a "semi retirement" job like the US.

Why might he leave? He's had a lot of injuries, he's apparently not a circus fan and he's made comments in the past about it being difficult to play for Madrid, particularly as you get older. I guess he's thinking of players like Raul, Guti, Figo, Ronaldo I - not many players retire with Madrid.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd love for him to come back, I really would, but I don't see him returning to us. As long as he doesn't go to Chelsea I don't care where he goes. No chance he goes to United. Anyway, whoever gets him will have until 35-36 providing he still wants to play. He'll be the next Scholes/Pirlo type.

Swaters16

From what I heard he wants game time and is supposed to be worried about the younger players taking his place in the team, fair enough. So I doubt Liverpool is on the cards because he isn't necessarily a guaranteed first team player week in week out at his age for Liverpool despite his quality.
The other rumor is he wants a pay packet similar to Bale and Ronaldo and the other Galacticos and his agent is probably just using saying he'll leave to get an extra couple of bucks which I think is more likely.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
From what I heard he wants game time and is supposed to be worried about the younger players taking his place in the team, fair enough. So I doubt Liverpool is on the cards because he isn't necessarily a guaranteed first team player week in week out at his age for Liverpool despite his quality.
The other rumor is he wants a pay packet similar to Bale and Ronaldo and the other Galacticos and his agent is probably just using saying he'll leave to get an extra couple of bucks which I think is more likely.

Yes he would be. Certainly. Would arguably be the second name on the sheet after Suarez. He is still top top class and is going to be one of those who will be still doing it to a high level into his mid to late 30's. He's also been the deep lying midfielder who doesn't get forward much and that won't change.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
He'd be one of our top 5 players instantly. He's still brilliant.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Thinking about the possibility of actually having a CM of his calibre in the team makes me want to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.