Xavi Simons

-Supreme-

Why would we help clubs develop their young players? Makes no sense unless there is an obligation to buy.

saivet

What would be his primary position if he was to come here? From the little I've seen of him, possibly a false 9?

Idxomer

What would be his primary position if he was to come here? From the little I've seen of him, possibly a false 9?
He's an attacking midfielder, he occupies almost exactly the same areas as Bruno.

saivet

He's an attacking midfielder, he occupies almost exactly the same areas as Bruno.
Cheers - while it might be good for our depth, would be a bit odd for him to chose us and come on loan at United.

Scholsey2004

Doesnt make sense for us to loan in a young player and loan out Amad unless we think PSG are willing to sell him.

spenzo

Most of the arguments against this move are logical but honestly I want us to make this happen. Looks like a genuine quality player with a high ceiling.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wasn't/isn't he one of the most highly rated youngsters of his generation? He s still very young and seems to have a high ceiling but so do several of our academy kids.

Plastic Evra

I'll add that PSG seems to have a good working relationship with RB Leipzig : El Chadaille Bitshiabu was transferred there for 15m€ (plus add-ons), as was Nkunku in the past (for a similar amount).

I've also read that Xavi Simons gets to keep 2m€ out of that 6m buyback... The kid chose to go from Barca to PSG for ending his formation, then maneuvered to have that buyback clause in. He (or his entourage) is obviously very focused on managing his career. He's also adept at the Instagram stuff, reportedly. Leipzig makes more sense as a next step rather than jumping directly in the Premier League (and especially so at a top club with insane media pressure).

If the RBL season goes well he's coming back to PSG with an enhanced status, with possibly less competition if Neymar or Mbappé have left / will leave and probably many more suitors with a big fee (and commensurate bonus and wages) lined up.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's been most effective on the left for PSV really. He's much more a dribbler and attacker than Bruno I'd say. Think Leipzig is a better step for now, though seeing him at United would've been awesome. I really rate this kid.

He is the whiniest looking dude in world football though.

red_manchester

Supports
barcelona
I'm not sure United is the best fit for him to have guaranteed minutes, development and grow his value.
i agree but i think he would be a good player since he was considered a solid youngster in holland and he could be helpful if ten hag gives him a decent amount of play time

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Man that would've been awesome. Biggest attacking talent we've had since Arjen Robben.

zaafi

Xavi Simons or Wirtz are two incredibly obvious signings to make, but we will do feck all with the opportunity and one of them will end up at City and be a key player for 10 years.

Unam333

I'm not sure United is the best fit for him to have guaranteed minutes, development and grow his value.
He did well choosing PSV and now Leipzig. I'm hopeful we will be for him with new owners, a clear club structure and better facilities.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Xavi Simons or Wirtz are two incredibly obvious signings to make, but we will do feck all with the opportunity and one of them will end up at City and be a key player for 10 years.
The whole football world knows about Wirtz.
He'll probably leave after next summer for a lot of money.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They are both Life after Bruno players though, and no point signing them until we are ready to make that decision.

zaafi

The whole football world knows about Wirtz.
He'll probably leave after next summer for a lot of money.
Yeah, but most top teams already have great/potentially great players in that position. Bayern have Musiala, Barcelona have Pedri/Gavi, Real Madrid have Bellingham/Güler, City with Alvarez/Foden, Arsenal with Ødegaard.

gajender

Exactly. It's just a faraway dream, really.
But it shouldn't be United need to move on From Bruno to be honest this experiment needs to end it aren't gonna lead us anywhere , infact whole of our Current midfield need to become thing of past as harsh as it may sound if the Club really want to progress .

Last edited:

aeh1991

At first look it seems strange to want another CAM, but he has been playing RW for Leipzig and is ripping the league apart. Would instantly improve our right side.

Plastic Evra

He's PSG owned so probably not cheap and in a couple years on big wages. Provided they're willing to sell.

spenzo

Yeah, really didn’t need to see this story, really wanted us to get him this summer…

philippexyz

They are both Life after Bruno players though, and no point signing them until we are ready to make that decision.
We should transition to "Life after Bruno" as soon as possible if we want to achieve something of big significance in near future. I know you understand why.

Taribo's Gap

Yeah, but most top teams already have great/potentially great players in that position. Bayern have Musiala, Barcelona have Pedri/Gavi, Real Madrid have Bellingham/Güler, City with Alvarez/Foden, Arsenal with Ødegaard.
I think for a talent like Wirtz you just have to try to get him and then figure out the rest later. City/Madrid/Bayern have been mooted as the favorites and I don't think the presence of Musiala, Bellingham/Güler or Alvarez/Foden would stop them from trying to get Wirtz. Musiala and Foden could be deployed on the wings and Bellingham in a less advanced midfield role. My money is probably on Bayern or City.

If KdB doesn't look great when he returns from injury and City get a sense that Bernardo is leaving on his release clause next summer, I could see them bringing him in as the KdB replacement and spending a year to phase him in similar to what they did with the Fernandinho/Rodri replacement. I don't really see a ton of other squad needs there.

United would need to qualify for CL and be pretty damn ruthless with Bruno if they want even a remote shot at bringing Wirtz in. Kind of awkward, as he's the captain, and that would be two years in a row of messing about with captains.

reddevilz007

I would gladly sell Bruno to take either Simons or Witrtz.

colombianmancunian

Does he play RW? How effective is him in goal/assists ratio? I have read he is highly rated but haven’t watched him.

philippexyz

I would gladly sell Bruno to take either Simons or Wirtz.
I would too, but that is a "controversial" opinion somehow amongst United fans in general. There are people that understand the problem, they are the minority, like you and me.