Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Sacked, Backed, then Sacked

croadyman

Seeing reports (ESPN) that he will be sacked anyway after comments he made on the clubs financials :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will believe it if a reliable source reported it,did say he would love to have played for Utd though if memory serves me right.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Surely they can't sack him over these comments, especially after all that happened before. Even if Laporta is mad at him, that is not a sackable offense and I expect the shitstorm would be gigantic

croadyman

Surely they can't sack him over these comments, especially after all that happened before. Even if Laporta is mad at him, that is not a sackable offense and I expect the shitstorm would be gigantic
Yeah nothing to see here

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Can't wait for the string of usual bots to turn up and explain to us why this is actually not only fine but actually good and just the result of Catalan genius that we can't comprehend :drool:
And then add that Vini provokes the racist hate he receives.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
All the major Barcelona outlets reporting that he's being sacked :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he does leave I'm sure he'd be a candidate for the United job. Bet Berrada likes him and he's won a La Liga so he's not exactly unproven.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This is madness. What do Barca fans in here think? Is Xavi popular with the fans right now?

They'll be missing Xavi before long if they really rpelace him with Flick

RoyH1

No fecking way :lol:

These comments (if they are these https://www.kicker.de/barcelona-fin...-das-muessen-die-fans-verstehen-1025070/video) are actually completely reasonable, unless the club directive is that you are not supposed to admit there are problems whatsoever. Surely they cannot and would not sack him over something like this? Sounds mad.
It's all about perception and controlling the media narrative. Laporta is a brilliant snake oil salesman and with the help of Roures he can conjure new levers out of nowhere. Xavi coming out with such an honest and forthright comment undermines that. If he can't fire him, he'll put a muzzle on him.
Remember that even if thing go sour, it's never the Barsa boards fault. It's Real Madrid's fault. Actually the re-building of the new Bernabeu is a massive cover up. They dug out Franco's bones from his tomb and put them under the Bernabeu pitch from where his ghost is pulling all the strings to mess up Barsa's finances.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They're doing him a favour, no idea why he'd want to be the fall guy for Laportas incompetence.

RoyH1

If he does leave I'm sure he'd be a candidate for the United job. Bet Berrada likes him and he's won a La Liga so he's not exactly unproven.
I wouldn't be able to stomach his incessant whining.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
RAC1 and more sources say he will be fired in the next hours.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I've watched a couple of highlights from his pressers, with subtitles , and he comes across as quite a dour, negative individual. Sure he has extremely high standards, talking about one of the best midfielders ever here, but still imagine working and looking at that miserable face everyday.

RoyH1

I've watched a couple of highlights from his pressers, with subtitles , and he comes across as quite a dour, negative individual. Sure he has extremely high standards, talking about one of the best midfielders ever here, but still imagine working and looking at that miserable face everyday.
Absolutely. He whinges about the length of the grass and the sun shining too brightly at games. Just imagine if he had to deal with our leaking roof.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Martial's leaving

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Xavi Pep Arteta nightmare blunt rotation of sociopathic tendencies and general whingebaggery

Scarecrow

Having a week off
So he declared he's leaving (for free, I assume), then they begged him to stay for half a year, he finally agreed to and they fire him a couple weeks after (with compensation, I assume)?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Do they even have the cash to fire him? :lol:
Completely mental. He resigned for them, wouldn't have cost them a penny, then they convince him to stay against all odds only to sack him over a minor comment so they have to pay a compensation.

RoyH1

So he declared he's leaving (for free, I assume), then they begged him to stay for half a year, he finally agreed to and they fire him a couple weeks after (with compensation, I assume)?
3D chess by Xavi. Now Laporta has to find another lever to fire him.