Xavi (Spanish Lego Pep) | Sacked, Backed, then Sacked

Infra-red

So, Laporta decided that what would really help Barca's perilous financial position is refusing the resignation of the first team manager (which costs the club nothing) and instead opting to sack him (which will result in the club having to pay him off).

I guess this must be the lesser known "making yourself look like an incompetent tit" lever?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
So he told Barca he wanted to leave at the end of the season. They convinced him to stay only to sack him at the end of the season anyway

Strong "you can't leave me, I'm breaking up with you" energy

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not sure if sarcastic but we literally did this to Ole. Rightly so too, sentimentality shouldn't get in the way of making practical decisions.
We did nothing like this to Ole. It would be like Ole quitting after the Europa league final loss, citing depression and mental health issues, Arnold persuading him to stay and then sacking him three weeks later.

Von Mistelroum

It's weird that they've sacked him. He finished second in the league. Even if he finished 8th and set new unwanted records every few weeks, you have to give him another season just to be certain he's rubbish...don't you?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's lucky, no idea why he wanted to stay in the first place. Going to be interesting to see Laporta have to face reality. He's just spent even more, done the same as Bartomeu. They didn't even receive the money from the supposed sale of the studios, fire sale of the squad incoming ?

Hansi just better hope the cheques don't bounce..?

crossy1686

career ending
It's weird that they've sacked him. He finished second in the league. Even if he finished 8th and set new unwanted records every few weeks, you have to give him another season just to be certain he's rubbish...don't you?
They didn’t sack him because he’s rubbish, they sacked him because he dared to question what the feck Laporta has done with their finances in a throwaway comment.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
... No?

BarstoolProphet

He's lucky, no idea why he wanted to stay in the first place. Going to be interesting to see Laporta have to face reality. He's just spent even more, done the same as Bartomeu. They didn't even receive the money from the supposed sale of the studios, fire sale of the squad incoming ?

Hansi just better hope the cheques don't bounce..?
You would think so, but watch Barca buy Bernardo Silva for 105m this summer.

RoyH1

They sacked him because he dared say it loud that club was in financial dire straits and that it was difficult to compete under those conditions against the likes of Madrid. Which he's actually right about

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They were playing straight up Tony Pulis football with Luuk de Jong and Pique up front at times under Koeman.
They did that under Guardiola at times too. See the semi final against Inter

This whole "Xavi didn't deliver on positional play" stuff is ridiculous too. Please explain how he didn't, exactly

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
They did that under Guardiola at times too. See the semi final against Inter
I vaguely remember Bayern lobbing passes to Javi Martinez who was playing as a false 9 under Pep in a game. :lol:

Hoof the ball

Right, but why is everyone else forgetting that he won La Liga in his first season?

"Oh no, he didn't win the league two years in a row in a season when Real hit 96 points."

I mean, what are people expecting from a manager of a financially broken club?

LARulz

We were linked with him weren't we? A story about how he was on our list before they said he'd stay? So imagine (hope not) he is back on?

roseguy64

Does he even speak English?
Pretty sure I've heard him giving interviews on ESPN. Unless I wasn't paying attention and it was someone else speaking every time. (Podcast so sometimes I miss out who's speaking unless it's a regular)

No Love

Barcelona’s answer to the back, sack and crack:

Sack, back and Flick.

Mes Que un Wax.