Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leg-End

Do you think they will sell out by Christmas or the deals could change?
I’m thinking of getting one on release But then keeping it untill Christmas. Just hesitant on missing Xmas deals, even though this £28 a month seems unbeatable.

also wonder what will happen if you take out the 2year scheme with game but the fold, they seem to be on the brink for a few years now
I don't think many places will have deals on these, the demand will be too high for Christmas anyway, they will sell themselves.

If you are interested in the £28 month for the Series S then go for it, it's not going to get better than that for some time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I think going for a digital console if you have crap internet would be a mistake. You'd be better of with a current generation Xbox, and then if and when your internet speed improves the Series S is always available as an upgrade.

(Some games are huge and require a fair few updates, but I've found most games to be in the region of 40-70gb).
Thanks, appreciate the advice. :)

Champ

The One X will play some next gen games as well as existing ones, so its not a bad buy at the right price. It won't have the longevity of the Series S, but all the old games will obviously still work. They're not making One Xs any more though, so once stock goes you'll need a second hand one.
Yeah, I've seen some good deals on the One X second hand, around the 170 quid mark which I thought was very decent, but the fact the series s was only 80quid or so more sparked my interest.
I assume they wil carry on developing games for a time for the current gen though?

Champ

My mate has awful internet. 9mb download tops I think. He’s managed with the gigantic cod updates ok. He does have to wait til the next day to play though, which is shit but doable.

If yours is any worse you probably need a drive. If it’s around the same you could get away with it.
Cheers, appreciate the advice.
My Internet fluctuates around the 6 to 9mbps, so probably similar,
I was thinking I could get away with buying the external drive and downloading from work, but I guess the external drives won't be SSD?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Cheers, appreciate the advice.
My Internet fluctuates around the 6 to 9mbps, so probably similar,
I was thinking I could get away with buying the external drive and downloading from work, but I guess the external drives won't be SSD?
Unless you plan on bringing the console to work. You can't download games to an external drive through a PC unfortunately.

EwanI Ted

Yeah, I've seen some good deals on the One X second hand, around the 170 quid mark which I thought was very decent, but the fact the series s was only 80quid or so more sparked my interest.
I assume they wil carry on developing games for a time for the current gen though?
Some games will be cross gen apparently, so some newer games will run on the older consoles without needing a proper port. The raw performance of the One X isn't that much different to the Series S, on paper anyway, no-one quite knows in practice. So I think you'd get plenty of life from it. You'd probably just have to plan to upgrade sooner than you would do if you got a Series S.

Coxy

I don't think many places will have deals on these, the demand will be too high for Christmas anyway, they will sell themselves.

If you are interested in the £28 month for the Series S then go for it, it's not going to get better than that for some time.
£28 a month for the X - not the S (£21)

Champ

Unless you plan on bringing the console to work. You can't download games to an external drive through a PC unfortunately.
Ah, that changes things :lol:
Thanks for the heads up.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Nightmare for people with trypophobia.
I’ve had this all my life and never knew what it was called until I googled it after reading your post. Unfortunately a google search also brings up lots of associated images which made me want to claw my own head off.

EwanI Ted

Man they're large. And set down on its side like that, its pretty ugly too. It looks quite futuristic in the promo shots, but looking at that photo, I would not have one out on show.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It’s going to be a struggle to fit under the tv in a tv stand shelving

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Man they're large. And set down on its side like that, its pretty ugly too. It looks quite futuristic in the promo shots, but looking at that photo, I would not have one out on show.

Yeah it looks horrible. Stood up like a PC wouldn’t be too bad but I would imagine 99% of people won’t be able to do that if they’re linking to the main TV.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yeah it looks horrible. Stood up like a PC wouldn’t be too bad but I would imagine 99% of people won’t be able to do that if they’re linking to the main TV.
Most of the stuff I've watched says it fits under tv units just fine. I was planning on having it behind the TV like my router though. For people with a tv on the wall it might be a bit more difficult.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I really like the look of the S but the X is fecking daft, it's supposed to be a console not a PC. Although at least it's minimalistic unlike the ridiculous PS5.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It’s going to be a struggle to fit under the tv in a tv stand shelving
Na, even the smaller tv shelving units that fit maybe a set-top box are around 16cm - dimensions online now sate the Series is is 15.1cm on its side. Most tv units (even IKEA) have atleast 1 other shelf that is also bigger than that, i.e 2 small shelves in the middle and a bigger opening either side. If the designers didn't consider where a console is probably located 70% of the time, then they should be shot.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Most of the stuff I've watched says it fits under tv units just fine. I was planning on having it behind the TV like my router though. For people with a tv on the wall it might be a bit more difficult.
Yeah but you work for MS so your opinion is worthless.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Na, even the smaller tv shelving units that fit maybe a set-top box are around 16cm - dimensions online now sate the Series is is 15.1cm on its side. Most tv units (even IKEA) have atleast 1 other shelf that is also bigger than that, i.e 2 small shelves in the middle and a bigger opening either side. If the designers didn't consider where a console is probably located 70% of the time, then they should be shot.
Fair enough with the stats and agree, I know for sure my tv stand will have to be rearranged and maybe move the amp and put it where that was maybe or hopefully next to it. It doesn’t look like it’s going to fit where the Xbox is now

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Mine definitely wouldn't

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Fair enough with the stats and agree, I know for sure my tv stand will have to be rearranged and maybe move the amp and put it where that was maybe or hopefully next to it. It doesn’t look like it’s going to fit where the Xbox is now
Ah ya, will defo be a rejig for most. But at least it will fit....somewhere :D

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If anyone else wants to jump on. I just bought the elite controller 2 as it's down to £127 on Amazon UK. You can add a 3 year warranty for just £10 extra. I was thinking of paying £170 for this deal one month ago.

I'm going to sell the controller that comes with the Series X to help pay for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If anyone else wants to jump on. I just bought the elite controller 2 as it's down to £127 on Amazon UK. You can add a 3 year warranty for just £10 extra. I was thinking of paying £170 for this deal one month ago.

I'm going to sell the controller that comes with the Series X to help pay for it.
Have the other one as back up. If your elite is broken, it’ll take time for new controller to get sent out so you’ll be covered.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Have the other one as back up. If your elite is broken, it’ll take time for new controller to get sent out so you’ll be covered.
I've got an old Xbox One controller cover for back up.

I'm going to have to double check with amazon that this insurance covers a controller.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What’s the control pad situation with the new box’s, comes with one I guess/hope. Wonder if Xbox one controllers work, I don’t fancy paying £150 on top for a (extra) controller straight away

EwanI Ted

15cm doesn't sound as bad as it looks in that photo, though you probably want more than 1 cm clearance for cooling purposes.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What’s the control pad situation with the new box’s, comes with one I guess/hope. Wonder if Xbox one controllers work, I don’t fancy paying £150 on top for a (extra) controller straight away
Xbox One controllers work with Series consoles.

If anyone here gets that controller deal DO NOT add the offered warranty at checkout. It does not cover controllers.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

They’re way smaller than most people expected. The S is tiny.

X doesn’t look as good but it’s fine. Even Elvis knows it’s fine deep down and that the PlayStation is a monstrosity.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Xbox One controllers work with Series consoles.

If anyone here gets that controller deal DO NOT add the offered warranty at checkout. It does not cover controllers.
Thanks, good news. It seems they’re practically trying to give these away