Gaming Xbox Series X|S

Which of these do you prefer

• Microsoft Game Pass

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bojan11

A TV or phone is something with a whole array of features and functions. e.g. internet use, console gaming, TV, phone calls etc. A TV remote would be a more apt comparison.
What?

I said why would you buy a better TV not why would you buy a TV or phone. Just like questioning why people would buy a better controller.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't see the problem with paying 150e for a controller as long as I don't need to buy anything else, like batteries, or if there haven't been loads of technical issues with that controller like buttons stopping working and drift issues. I mean imagine paying double the cost of any other controller out there and having to replace batteries and buttons stopping working after a few months? Good thing the Elite Xbox controller has none of those issues amirite guys
I like how you were sarcy at the end there but it doesn’t have those issues :lol:

Does sound like there’s been some quality issues at some point, but it ain’t affected me.

Also didn’t pay full whack, so that’s all the reasons here so far knocked out of the park.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
A TV or phone is something with a whole array of features and functions. e.g. internet use, console gaming, TV, phone calls etc. A TV remote would be a more apt comparison.
Bollocks!!

A TV remote you change channel with.

The controller is the actually tool you use the whole time. £150 is a lot but for something I'm using maybe 15 hrs a week and will use over 5 years.

Everybody has hobbies they spend money on that nobody outside would understand. But for someone who games a lot it's more than fair enough.

Bojan11

Good.

Staten was brought back a few months ago to lead the game and 343 needs a shake up.

Alock1

Yeah Ive been expecting heads to roll ever since the delay

Be interesting to see what they do with it.

I'm wondering whether multiplayer or Battle Royale may hit in Q2 next year with the first story installment coming in Q3/Q4

Dave_MUFC

Bollocks!!

A TV remote you change channel with.

The controller is the actually tool you use the whole time. £150 is a lot but for something I'm using maybe 15 hrs a week and will use over 5 years.

Everybody has hobbies they spend money on that nobody outside would understand. But for someone who games a lot it's more than fair enough.
Fair enough, to each their own. I'd rather just spend the money on 3 quality games for the same amount.

Then again, even though I own an Xbox One S, Switch, Oculus Quest, and soon to be getting the PS5, I really struggle to put the hours into games these days, so I try and just get the essentials for every console.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I like how you were sarcy at the end there but it doesn’t have those issues :lol:

Does sound like there’s been some quality issues at some point, but it ain’t affected me.

Also didn’t pay full whack, so that’s all the reasons here so far knocked out of the park.
May not have affected you but think of all those other poor souls. @DixieDean sort him out.

Bojan11

May not have affected you but think of all those other poor souls. @DixieDean sort him out.
Nobody cares what dixie has to say. He’s a escaped convict from resetera and shouldn’t be allowed here. He gets banned there every month for console trolling and needs to drop his fanboy gimmick isn’t that right @esmufc07.

We can’t have convicts from other forums running loose. Resetera rarely bans people.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Nobody cares what dixie has to say. He’s a escaped convict from resetera and shouldn’t be allowed here. He gets banned there every month for console trolling and needs to drop his fanboy gimmick isn’t that right @esmufc07.

We can’t have convicts from other forums running loose. Resetera rarely bans people.
Had no idea he was banned from resetera I've never seen him mention it here before.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yep, they really found me out over there. Homophobe Dixie. Half my friends are gay, honest.

Although, tbf, I was once accused of being a racist on here :lol: Thankfully the mods are not insane, though, unlike that other place.

Bojan11

Yep, they really found me out over there. Homophobe Dixie. Half my friends are gay, honest.

Although, tbf, I was once accused of being a racist on here :lol: Thankfully the mods are not insane, though, unlike that other place.
Wow, the oldest excuse in the book.

Alock1

The Series S looks class. So small for the power.

If it had better memory or I had an external SSD I'd get one.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
On the upstairs tele and to take into work basically

(yes i am rich and have 2 tvs!)
I love working from home. I’ve finished Quantum Break, expect on hard, and almost finished The Touryst, in between bursts of work. I actually get more work done at home - it’s like I reward myself with a bit of gaming. The only upside to this poxy covid.

was going to trade in my One X, but think I’ll keep it and leave it in the home office, then leave the Series X on the 4k tv until I get my new monitor.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Did he say in the video there that it's $40 if you don't have game pass? Jesus :lol:

Bojan11

Imagine spending £450 on a console, having to spend another £150 to get another controller which isn’t next gen and having to play Tetris.
Tetris Effect is actually pretty good especially if you on mushrooms, silly fraggle. 89 on metacritic. Have you not played Tetris 99 on switch?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...connected-is-the-multiplayer-i-need-right-now

Tetris Effect: Connected is one of the greatest single-player games ever made with multiplayer (and an unlikely Xbox Series X and S launch killer app). It's an easy sell to someone like me, who adores Tetris Effect to the point of never really shutting up about it. But its timing couldn't be better.

TheReligion

Abusive
So the Sony have let me down with the PS5 and twice now I've been done over by the ridiculous pre order fiasco.

Tempted to look over to the Xbox as want a next gen console for Christmas. Any chance of one of these do we think? And what's the main differences between the two?

@Mr Anderson I can see you've got one on your list..

Bojan11

So the Sony have let me down with the PS5 and twice now I've been done over by the ridiculous pre order fiasco.

Tempted to look over to the Xbox as want a next gen console for Christmas. Any chance of one of these do we think? And what's the main differences between the two?

No.

Series x had less stock than PS5 for preorder and that will probably be the case for the next few months. Production for that is slower than PS5

There’s a good chance of getting a Series s, but not really sure you’d want that. Depends on what you playing on it and if you got a 4K TV. It’s a good secondary machine for somebody who wants gamepass.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But otherwise it’s a great move, and the main difference is that it’s more powerful, has the best gimmickless controller by far, and will have the best exclusives. You’ll also be able to fit more than one game on the internal hard drive.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

You won’t get a Series X or PS5 now unless you’re very lucky. Best just to wait for the PS5 if that’s the one you really want? And maybe pick up a cheaper Series S if you want a next gen console which isn’t next gen.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I know this has probably been asked, but if I get a series S and my mates get a series X, will I be at any kind of disadvantage in gameplay? Or load times?