Gaming Xbox ultimate pass

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Trying to upgrade to Xbox ultimate pass but keeps telling me that the store is the wrong region.

my locale is ireland. I think when I first setup I may have been in the U.K. so changed it to U.K. and restarted. Still same

any ideas?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Should probably be the opposite way around? If you live in Ireland it's going to put you to the Irish region.

Good solution would be to close your account and get a PS5 instead.

golden_blunder

Staff
Sorry I should clarify it’s set to ireland and I got that message. I then tried the U.K. and got the same message

ArjenIsM3

Once fixed a similar issue by going through every language and location setting I could find both on the Xbox and in my Microsoft profile, making sure they were all set to the same region, deleting any payment methods and then adding a new one and going from there
Gonna check that now just got off work
Did you manage to get it working?

golden_blunder

Staff
Once fixed a similar issue by going through every language and location setting I could find both on the Xbox and in my Microsoft profile, making sure they were all set to the same region, deleting any payment methods and then adding a new one and going from there

Did you manage to get it working?
Yes I had to talk to MS in the end.

apparently both my ea and gold accounts were purchased from different regions causing a mismatch. I tried cancelling both but it still did it. So the lad deleted them from his side and then I was able to upgrade to ultimate. He then added the extra time I had left from the other subs. Good support but frustrating to have to go there