XFL (2020-2020)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
XFL has a 25-second play clock compared to the NFL's 40-second play clock

--------------

Players need just one foot in bounds instead of two, makes it easier to determine catches, leading to faster reviews

--------------

Players can not move until the ball is caught by the returner. Similarly, on punts, the punting team cannot release past the line of scrimmage until the ball is kicked.

--------------

XFL is not doing field goals for extra points. Instead, they have a three-tiered point system for teams following touchdowns. It's actually very simple and is broken down as such:
  • 1 point: Run a play from the 2-yard line
  • 2 points: Run a play from the 5-yard line
  • 3 points: Run a play from the 10-yard line
No kicking points are allowed. If the defense returns a turnover, they get however many points the team on offense was going for.

--------------

Overtime shall consist of 5 “Rounds”, staged in alternating single-play possessions as is customary in NHL shootouts or MLS penalty kicks. A “Round” will consist of one offensive play per team. Each possession starts at the opponent’s 5-yard line and the offensive team has one play to score. The team with more points after 5 rounds is the winner.

--------------

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...offs-explained-nfl/1if7a6vb6kb271966993zxdynx

Not bad at all. I like these!

sport2793

Been a decent first game, think there is a market out there for this as no other football is going on right now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So this is meant as a remedy to the horrendous pacing of the NFL? If so then might give it a shot.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What's the rate of head injuries? I prefer my sport to have a lot of head injuries.

Sylar

Seems to have had great reviews and a lot of people liking the rules and pace of it

Was also trending worldwide number 1 (still is positively)
Will be interesting to see if the ratings match

Also seems Vince has learnt from the first time by keeping it football based rather than plastering WWE guys all over it

sport2793

Seems to have had great reviews and a lot of people liking the rules and pace of it

Was also trending worldwide number 1 (still is positively)
Will be interesting to see if the ratings match

Also seems Vince has learnt from the first time by keeping it football based rather than plastering WWE guys all over it
The last part is what stands out to me. It has a professional and refined feel for the most part and the rule changes are sensible rather than gimmicky. Think getting buy in from the major networks to employ the normal NFL and NCAA guys for telecasts is helping a lot too.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I expected the quality of the game to be low, but it's been really good to watch so far.

Hopefully it can stand the test of time. The gap between the NFL season ending and starting again always feels enormous. Good to have something to watch in between.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Fully expect NFL to steal the kick off, PAT rules and the open betting odds. Using the best rules from college is smart work.

XFL were the first pro sport to use the fancy wired cameras you see in the Prem nowadays, but many of the other innovations were crazy. If anything the 2001 version was a car crash.

However I personally enjoyed the games on Saturday. It was pretty good. There is definitely a drop in talent, but I get the feeling a bunch of these players will have NFL deals next year and not just on practice squads!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Fully expect NFL to steal the kick off, PAT rules and the open betting odds. Using the best rules from college is smart work.

XFL were the first pro sport to use the fancy wired cameras you see in the Prem nowadays, but many of the other innovations were crazy. If anything the 2001 version was a car crash.

However I personally enjoyed the games on Saturday. It was pretty good. There is definitely a drop in talent, but I get the feeling a bunch of these players will have NFL deals next year and not just on practice squads!
Even with a drop in talent, the guys out there are playing with passion. The hits I hear from the defense were fecking loud.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Even with a drop in talent, the guys out there are playing with passion. The hits I hear from the defense were fecking loud.
I love there is less flags and better understanding of ref calls. Guys were playing hard and was fun to watch. Felt like college football level

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Because of 2K's links with WWE there is serious talk that we might get another 2K Football game based around the XFL. That would be absolutely phenomenal and would do wonders for their brand early doors, anything that saves gamers from another year of Madden or forces Madden too up their game would automatically give them hero status.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Because of 2K's links with WWE there is serious talk that we might get another 2K Football game based around the XFL. That would be absolutely phenomenal and would do wonders for their brand early doors, anything that saves gamers from another year of Madden or forces Madden too up their game would automatically give them hero status.
This is the first year I havent bought Madden in maybe 7 years. Almost nothing has changed for the last 3 titles so I would happily welcome 2K getting in on that!

cyberman

Why isnt there more leagues? The NFL is as if only the EPL existed in Europe and you had the likes of Danny Ings not having a look in.
Im hoping this does well

muller

I loved the opening weekend. Though the games - both quality and entertainment were really good. I quite liked the different approach to reporting on it too. Watched all 4 games.

It will never happen, but should be a promotion/relegation with the NFL.

Still undecided on a team. I follow Ohio State in college ball, so DC with Cardale was my initial thought.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Why isnt there more leagues? The NFL is as if only the EPL existed in Europe and you had the likes of Danny Ings not having a look in.
Im hoping this does well
The popularity of College football helps, that's where they draft every talent from. They tried a couple decades ago to have NFL Europe but it didn't last. Generally players who wash out of the NFL may go to the Canadian Football League or the Indoor/Arena Football leagues. They have tried a secondary league a bunch of times but for some reason they don't really stick.