Yankees vs. Boston

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
With the Yankees losing to the Boston Red Sox they've pulled within 2 1/2 games of the Yankees once again....(3-2 win for Boston at Yankee stadium last night, Friday....2 runs for Boston coming in the 9th inning)

With two games left to play this weekend, Boston could pull within 1/2 game.

Although, the Yankees should be ok because the next team will be last place Toronto.

Todays game will be at 1:05pm ET

Sunday at the same time.

If there are any Boston fans that come around here....I have only one thing to say to ya

BUCKY DENT :p ;)

RedCanuck

I'm supporting the Yankees in that race. The chowds should lose (again) if there is any justice in the world.

ooeat0meoo

Sunday's game....Yankees win 11-1 :cool:

................ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Boston .......0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 8 0
NY Yankees 2 0 1 0 0 5 1 2 X 11 13 0

Boston...... ...AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Damon, CF .....5 0 1 1 0 1 0 .309
Bellhorn, 2B ....3 0 1 0 1 2 1 .263
Ramirez, LF ....4 0 0 0 0 0 3 .308
Hyzdu, LF ......0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .333
Ortiz, DH .......4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .298
Millar, 1B ,,,,,,,3 0 2 0 1 0 1 .298
Varitek, C ......4 0 0 0 0 3 4 .297
Nixon, RF ......4 0 2 0 0 0 2 .294
Cabrera, SS ...4 1 1 0 0 0 4 .259
Mueller, 3B ....4 0 0 0 0 2 3 .278
Totals 35 1 8 1 2 9 19

BATTING
2B: Cabrera (35, Mussina).
TB: Damon; Bellhorn; Ortiz; Millar 2; Nixon 2; Cabrera 2.
RBI: Damon (80).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Mueller, Cabrera.
Team LOB: 9.

FIELDING
Outfield assists: Nixon (Posada at 2nd base).
DP: (Mueller-Bellhorn-Millar).

N.Y. Yankees AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Jeter, SS 5 2 3 1 0 0 1 .290
Wilson, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .216
Rodriguez, 3B 4 2 2 2 0 1 0 .295
Sheffield, RF 4 1 1 2 0 0 2 .297
a-Crosby, PH-RF 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .156
Matsui, LF 5 0 1 0 0 0 1 .297
Williams, CF 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 .257
Posada, C 4 1 2 2 0 2 3 .266
Olerud, 1B 2 1 2 1 1 0 0 .263
Sierra, R, DH 4 1 1 0 0 1 3 .253
Cairo, 2B 4 1 1 2 0 0 3 .290

BATTING
2B: Sierra, R (12, Martinez, P).
HR: Sheffield (35, 1st inning off Martinez, P, 1 on, 1 out), Jeter (22, 3rd inning off Martinez, P, 0 on, 0 out), Posada (20, 6th inning off Martinez, P, 1 on, 0 out), Rodriguez (35, 8th inning off Astacio, 1 on, 0 out).
TB: Jeter 6; Rodriguez 5; Sheffield 4; Matsui; Posada 5; Olerud 2; Sierra, R 2; Cairo.
RBI: Sheffield 2 (116), Jeter (74), Posada 2 (73), Cairo 2 (42), Olerud (44), Rodriguez 2 (99).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Posada, Jeter, Matsui.
GIDP: Sheffield.
Team LOB: 6.

BASERUNNING
SB: Cairo (10, 2nd base off Martinez, P/Varitek
Totals 35 11 13 10 4 5 13

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
cool eh?? hehe.. now the Yankees will be in Toronto for a 3-game series, then vs Tampa, then woohh... Boosox again....:D

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Coldplay is good? You are saying bullshits...U fuc
Hmmmm where are all these Yankee fans coming from ??????? I'm a New Yorker for my whole 33 years on this earth. Now I know why people from Manchester get a bit testy about non local support ;)

Ironically the Yanks and United have a great deal in common when you think of it.

We both have tragic brilliant #7s who drank themselves almost to death and were the most mesmerising and naturally brilliant players who epitomised their sport in the decade when marketing and advertising became so prevalent. George Best and Mickey Mantle. We have the tragic deaths of a behemoth of a player cut down in his prime in Lou Gehrig and Duncan Edwards. We have the man who represented the class and effortless brilliance of their sports in Bobby Charlton and Joe DiMaggio. The egomaniacal owners in Martin Edwards and George Steinbrenner. Both are the glamor teams of their sport. Both have global followings that virtually transcend their sports as well as being world recognised symbols of sporting greatness. The interlocking NY navy blue hat and yankee pinstripe uniforms are the "tuxedos of baseball" and the United crest and red shirt are probably the world's most recognizable symbols of sport.

There are loads of other comparisons but I always think the two have so much in common and it's what I love about both.

ooeat0meoo

My father grew up in the Bronx...as I grew up in the NYC area most of my life(I was just smart enough to get away from the sucky weather there in the northeast)...and as far as I'm concered, the more fans the better. More merchandise to sell to buy players like A. Rod.

My favorite Yankee moments....has to be Reggie Jackson hitting the three home runs, no doubt the most exciting world series game of all.... :cool:

oh...and if you are going to mention Yankee ego-maniacs....you really can't leave out Billy Martin (God rest his soul) probably a bigger ego than George S.

RedCanuck

FLASHWOK said:
Hmmmm where are all these Yankee fans coming from ??????? I'm a New Yorker for my whole 33 years on this earth. Now I know why people from Manchester get a bit testy about non local support ;)
Don't get me wrong Flash, I hate the Yankees. It's just that I hate the Bosox more ;)

FresnoBob

I was born in upstate New York many moons ago and have been a Yankee fan since the series in 1957 (age 5). Our resident Sox fan just came into my office to officially give me the finger for the weekend games. :D

mathiaslg

FresnoBob said:
I was born in upstate New York many moons ago and have been a Yankee fan since the series in 1957 (age 5). Our resident Sox fan just came into my office to officially give me the finger for the weekend games. :D
How far Upstate?

And as a Mets fan, I always wish the worst for the Yankees :D

FresnoBob

mathiaslg said:
How far Upstate?

And as a Mets fan, I always wish the worst for the Yankees :D
Monticello. My mother owns land at Grahamsville that I'll end up inheriting, so I'm going to be checking on it when I go to NY in October to see my kid at USMA. By the way, I saw your Metsies play at the Polo Grounds in 1963. Clemente and the Pirates kicked their butts.

N-I-N-E-T-E-E-N E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N
BUCKY DENT
BILL BUCKNER
AARON BOONE
THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
MrMarcello said:
Flashwok, why no mention of Thurman Munson, another great tragically lost in his prime?

Perhaps compare him to the loss of Roger Byrne or Tommy Taylor.

Sad website. Munich58.co.uk
I know i started getting depressed when I though about Thurman and I got tired of typing because there are so many great stories and players and I'd bitten off more than I could chew at the time ;)

kennyj

I was at the game Friday night, the only one that the Yanks lost, but the Yankees should have won that one too. Lots of Sox fans there Friday mouthing off after the game. Even more came out Saturday and quietly fled early. Sunday was sweet.

The Sox had been playing well, but most Yankee fans knew that when they played the Yanks in games that mattered that they'd lose. They always do. Lots of gig-game players on the Yanks.

mathiaslg

kennyj said:
That's like rooting for the Washington Generals. ;)
Just because you lot are better at buying a team than we are doesn't mean it gives you the right to insult us ;)

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
mathiaslg said:
Just because you lot are better at buying a team than we are doesn't mean it gives you the right to insult us ;)

Mathias I was gonna cut you some slack since being a Mets fan is such a sad occupation ;) but it is every Yankees fan's god given right to insult Mets fans. :lol: Maybe you should get someone who knows how to spend 140 million on players annually who will actually actually win :lol: and to think you guys could have got A-Rod a coupla years back :lol: :lol: :lol:

mathiaslg

FLASHWOK said:
Mathias I was gonna cut you some slack since being a Mets fan is such a sad occupation ;) but it is every Yankees fan's god given right to insult Mets fans. :lol: Maybe you should get someone who knows how to spend 140 million on players annually who will actually actually win :lol: and to think you guys could have got A-Rod a coupla years back :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are a tragic lot, that is for sure :lol:

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
mathiaslg said:
We are a tragic lot, that is for sure :lol:
Tragic is a plane falling out of the sky onto a bunch of underprivileged handicapped children playing with a bunch of adoptable puppies from the local animal shelter. Tragic does not begin to scratch the surface of defining the catastrophe that is the N.Y. Mets;)

Jacqueline_S

this would be fun... Roy Halladay's back vs. the Yankees tomorrow!!!! :D

Jacqueline_S

FLASHWOK said:
:nono: :D

RedCanuck

Yankees got smoked by the Blue Jays again tonight! Red Sox in extra innings with Baltimore.

Jacqueline_S

FLASHWOK said:
So then Jacqueline, ever been to Yankee Stadium then? Hmmmmm? ;)
YES!!! :D of 'coz!!! once only, but what a fantastic experience that was!

Jacqueline_S

FLASHWOK said:
So then Jacqueline, ever been to Yankee Stadium then? Hmmmmm? ;)
and btw, you know what, i really wanna go down there once more just to buy that a-rod t-shirt :D :cool:, can't find any here in Toronto

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Jacqueline_S said:
YES!!! :D of 'coz!!! once only, but what a fantastic experience that was!
Well it's good you've bee there but you're a youngster so you missed it in the good old days of the 70s when the euphemism the Bronx Zoo was coined for the Yanks. Great times back then. The third game I ever attended was the 1976 deciding game 5 of the ALCS vs. Kansas City. My Uncle and great Uncle took me and my cousin I was 5 he was 6 at the time and my whole family diehard Yanks fans.

When Chris Chambliss hit the walk off home run that won the series everyone stormed the field it was totally insane back then. You might have seen pictures of it back then and it was the craziest night, you can imagine my cousin and I were so excited that we jumped the fence too not really aware that we were 1/3 the size of every drunk crazy fan storming the field.

If you ever look very very VERY carefully;) at the replays from the right field camera angle as Chambliss rounds third base the field is already swarmed with people some trying to get his hat, or hug him, he had to knock people out of the way as the whole stadium swarmed the field. From that angle in the corner you can see two idiot kids going over the fence and getting about 4 feet onto the warning track on the third base line a few yards behind the base, and my panicked uncle and great uncle literally grabbing us by the collars to keep us off the field because we probably would have got crushed. Still the funnest thing ever.

I go as much as possible and usually get to the playoff games and the series, but that gets really really expensive in the series. literally a thousand dollars for a pretty mediocre seat, but I was there in game 6 of 96 series and had been waitng 18 years for it ;) Just Awesome.

Your also very lucky that you didn't have to live through the wilderness years of 1979-1992 it was awfull. Be gratefull you haven't seen the hard times ;)

Jacqueline_S

yes, i went to the web before, but i couldn't sign up, donno why... guess i should just call them instead ;)
the most craziest crowd in baseball (forget 'bout the boosox, i really hate them lol)
i remember the last time I went to watch the Jays vs. yankees (in toronto), there were 40,000+ people, but in the Jays vs. Boosox (in toronto also), there were only 20,000+ people, see... :D
COME SEE THE YANKEES, YOU ONLY COME TO SEE THE YANKEES, COME TO SEE THE YAAAAAANKEES :D :lol:

shyamg22

all i gotta say....feck THE REDSOX...RUTH, DENT, BOONE.....HAHA....plus, boston will suck even more next year. pedro, varitek, etc. are all up for free agency. Just wait till loses again and the feckin team will implode. I am a yankee fan first and foremost (born in the LI, so knew the yanks before man utd). In terms of what team in the world i hate the most..gotta be the feckin red SAWKS. atleast arsenal and madrid play attractive football. Sox are just a bunch of bitches that need feckin haircuts n' shaves. what's even more funny is boston's best player (manny ramirez) would play of the yankees in a heartbeat if it were up to him. haha feck the redsox for eternity. even the cubs will win a WS before them. SUCK a fat dick beantown.

Jacqueline_S

:lol: my friends were shouting 'hey Damon, feck off and get a hair cut' 'Ortiz, don't swing like a girl you pansy' throughout the whole game. it was so cool 'coz there were 2 boosox fans just in front of us!!!

Jacqueline_S

i hope the Os can beat those bastards tonight, 5th inning, O's leading 7-5..
please, don't screw this tonight!!

JcUSANY

who's your daddy?

Who's your daddy pedro???

"What can I say -- just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy," Martinez said. "I can't find a way to beat them at this point. ... They're that good. They're that hot right now -- at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240924102

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: