Yankees vs. Boston

JcUSANY

wakefield has been effective v. the yankees but can be bad; all depends on how the knuckleball is floating around. vazquez is a headcase, you never know what you will get from him hopefully he can keep the yankees in the game and give the yankees a shot to win the division in boston on sunday (yankees have to sweep the series to clinch)

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
5-5 7th inning

Remirez up with nobody on

Strurtz Pitching for the Yanks

after 7 pitches...remirez out swinging

Ortiz on 2nd....millar up for the boosox

one out

-Millar walks...(runners on 1st and 2nd)

Yankees make a pitching change....Heredia to pitch to Trot Nixon

-Nixon gets on....bases full

-Quantril replaces Heredia .....
-(pinch runner for Millar....Mientenwic or something like that)

-Double play the Yankees slip through that inning by the skin of their teeth

ooeat0meoo

Leskanic pitching for the Sox

to A Rod......Sheffeild on deck to start off the 8th inning

-A. Rod walks on three pitches

-Defensive Substitution: Doug Mientkiewicz remains in the game as the first baseman.

-Sheffeild strikes out ....(one out- one man on first)

-Godzilla at the plate

-That guy from japan :p Flies out

-Williams at the plate

-Pickoff attempt at 1B
Pickoff attempt at 1B
Pickoff attempt at 1B

-Bernie Williams walks....(men on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs)

-Posada at the plate

-Pitcher Change: Keith Foulke replaces Curtis Leskanic.

-Posada already 2 for 3....with a batting aver. .260

-Jorge Posada grounds out to first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz. :mad:

ooeat0meoo

9th inning

-Mueller first at bat for the sox (Yankees need to get the next three players to prevent Remirez from coming to the plate with players on)

-((STRIKE OUT))...Damon next

-Johnny Damon singles on a line drive to right fielder Gary Sheffield. (so much for remirez not coming to the plate)

-Bellhorn up

-With Mark Bellhorn batting, Johnny Damon steals (19) 2nd base.

-Bellhorn walks...(men at 1st and 2nd)
(Yankees are going to blow this....might be time to take Quantril out...couch at the mound)

-Remirez up

-Manny Ramirez doubles (41) on a fly ball to center fielder Kenny Lofton. Johnny Damon scores. Mark Bellhorn to 3rd.

-Quatrill walking the batter Ortiz...and wondering ((what the feck is Quantrill still doing on the mound))

-Now that the damage is done.....Pitcher Change: C. J. Nitkowski replaces Paul Quantrill.

-Jason Varitek hits a ground-rule double (28) on a fly ball to right field. Pokey Reese scores. Manny Ramirez scores. David Ortiz to 3rd.

-Score now 8-5 with sox best hitter(Nixon) at the plate....with men on 2nd and 3rd

-Pitch 6 - Hit By Pitch

-Mirabelli up

-Pitcher Change: Scott Proctor replaces C. J. Nitkowski.

-((Proof that being a Yankee fan isn't all fecking icecream and orgasms :mad: ))

-Bottom 8th B:1 S:1 O:1
Doug Mirabelli doubles (10) on a line drive to left fielder Hideki Matsui. David Ortiz scores. Jason Varitek scores. Gabe Kapler to 3rd.

-This really sucks because the bottom of the yankee order comes up after this inning- But then again....if there ever was a team that could feck up a huge lead like this...it's the Red Sox :cool: not likely though....now 12-5

-Johnny Damon flies out to center fielder Kenny Lofton.

ooeat0meoo

Yankees last chance at bat

-Olerud up at the plate

-2 outs

-Lofton

-Kenny Lofton flies out to right fielder Gabe Kapler.

7 fecking runs in 2 innings....this is why the yankees will probably not win the world series this year.

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
thoguht we could extend the lead, oh well... 1 more to go tomorrow, let's do it guys!!!

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
:D
looking forward -
big one...
KEVIN BROWN (10-4, 3.99 ERA) vs. schilling (20-6, 3.28 ERA)
Brown won't be on the mount for long, depends on how many pitches he will throw and how he feels about his hand.

kennyj

Don't worry Bob, the first game was the big one. The Yanks always beat them when it matters.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Right now, looks like Oakland-NYY and Boston-Minnesota. And in the other league looks like St Louis-LA and Atlanta-Chicago.

Giants could overtake LA for the division or Chicago for the wild card. By winning the division, the Giants force LA into a fight for the wild card with Chicago. LA has a 3 game lead but they meet the Giants the last weekend.

Anaheim is one game behind Oakland and teams square off the last weekend. Texas' loss last night probably closes the door on them, but they face Seattle the last weekend and could sneak in some how.

kennyj

FLASHWOK said:
The third game I ever attended was the 1976 deciding game 5 of the ALCS vs. Kansas City. My Uncle and great Uncle took me and my cousin I was 5 he was 6 at the time and my whole family diehard Yanks fans.

When Chris Chambliss hit the walk off home run that won the series everyone stormed the field it was totally insane back then.

Your also very lucky that you didn't have to live through the wilderness years of 1979-1992 it was awfull. Be gratefull you haven't seen the hard times ;)
Small world. I went to all three games of that series at the Stadium. I was in the upper deck in right when Chambliss homered and had a great view. I couldn't get on the field from up top, but I remember all the fans on the infield yelling Cosell sucks at Howard Cosell, who was calling the game.

I was at Game 5 of the WS, when the Yankees clinched against the Mets, and was in the Staduim against the D-Backs when Scott Brosius tied the game with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Coldplay is good? You are saying bullshits...U fuc
kennyj said:
Small world. I went to all three games of that series at the Stadium. I was in the upper deck in right when Chambliss homered and had a great view. I couldn't get on the field from up top, but I remember all the fans on the infield yelling Cosell sucks at Howard Cosell, who was calling the game.

I was at Game 5 of the WS, when the Yankees clinched against the Mets, and was in the Staduim against the D-Backs when Scott Brosius tied the game with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.
Still remember the first time I walked through the narrow field entry tunnel with bule and white paint and saw the field for the first time. Just amazing.
Ah the 70s were the good old days at the Stadium...a yankee frank, drunk fans vomiting and being dragged out by the cops and the smell of reefer wafting through the House That Ruth Built ;) :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I've never been to Yankee Stadium. My 3 biggest sporting events that I've attended are:

Emmitt Smith's record breaking game against Seattle at Texas Stadium
Nolan Ryan's 5000 strikeout game against Oakland
Manchester United vs AC Milan at Giants Stadium

The latter, despite being an exhibition, had the feel of a big game atmosphere. Made all better by driving 14 hours on Friday with 3 friends, arriving 8am Saturday in NJ, then attending the match that afternoon (tailgating beforehand), then some sight-seeing in NYC, then driving back to GA Sunday morning. Road trip. That's passion. Driving nearly 30 hours in 60 hour span to watch United. :devil: Might be the only time I ever get to see them play in person.

kennyj

FLASHWOK said:
Ah the 70s were the good old days at the Stadium...a yankee frank, drunk fans vomiting and being dragged out by the cops and the smell of reefer wafting through the House That Ruth Built ;) :lol:
Things are different now - you can't smoke.

kennyj

MrMarcello said:
Emmitt Smith's record breaking game against Seattle at Texas Stadium
Nolan Ryan's 5000 strikeout game against Oakland
Manchester United vs AC Milan at Giants Stadium
I was at the last one too. Emmitt and Nolan (ex-Met, traded for Jim Fregosi)are two of my favorites.

JcUSANY

LABOB said:
Yankees clinch a playoff spot tonight........for the 7th straight season.

with 6-4 win
You mean they clinched the Al East division. Meaning boston will finish in 2nd place :lol: :lol:

Jack

LABOB said:
Sunday's game....Yankees win 11-1 :cool:

................ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Boston .......0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 8 0
NY Yankees 2 0 1 0 0 5 1 2 X 11 13 0

Boston...... ...AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Damon, CF .....5 0 1 1 0 1 0 .309
Bellhorn, 2B ....3 0 1 0 1 2 1 .263
Ramirez, LF ....4 0 0 0 0 0 3 .308
Hyzdu, LF ......0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .333
Ortiz, DH .......4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .298
Millar, 1B ,,,,,,,3 0 2 0 1 0 1 .298
Varitek, C ......4 0 0 0 0 3 4 .297
Nixon, RF ......4 0 2 0 0 0 2 .294
Cabrera, SS ...4 1 1 0 0 0 4 .259
Mueller, 3B ....4 0 0 0 0 2 3 .278
Totals 35 1 8 1 2 9 19

BATTING
2B: Cabrera (35, Mussina).
TB: Damon; Bellhorn; Ortiz; Millar 2; Nixon 2; Cabrera 2.
RBI: Damon (80).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Mueller, Cabrera.
Team LOB: 9.

FIELDING
Outfield assists: Nixon (Posada at 2nd base).
DP: (Mueller-Bellhorn-Millar).

N.Y. Yankees AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Jeter, SS 5 2 3 1 0 0 1 .290
Wilson, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .216
Rodriguez, 3B 4 2 2 2 0 1 0 .295
Sheffield, RF 4 1 1 2 0 0 2 .297
a-Crosby, PH-RF 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 .156
Matsui, LF 5 0 1 0 0 0 1 .297
Williams, CF 2 2 0 0 3 0 0 .257
Posada, C 4 1 2 2 0 2 3 .266
Olerud, 1B 2 1 2 1 1 0 0 .263
Sierra, R, DH 4 1 1 0 0 1 3 .253
Cairo, 2B 4 1 1 2 0 0 3 .290

BATTING
2B: Sierra, R (12, Martinez, P).
HR: Sheffield (35, 1st inning off Martinez, P, 1 on, 1 out), Jeter (22, 3rd inning off Martinez, P, 0 on, 0 out), Posada (20, 6th inning off Martinez, P, 1 on, 0 out), Rodriguez (35, 8th inning off Astacio, 1 on, 0 out).
TB: Jeter 6; Rodriguez 5; Sheffield 4; Matsui; Posada 5; Olerud 2; Sierra, R 2; Cairo.
RBI: Sheffield 2 (116), Jeter (74), Posada 2 (73), Cairo 2 (42), Olerud (44), Rodriguez 2 (99).
Runners left in scoring position, 2 out: Posada, Jeter, Matsui.
GIDP: Sheffield.
Team LOB: 6.

BASERUNNING
SB: Cairo (10, 2nd base off Martinez, P/Varitek
Totals 35 11 13 10 4 5 13
I feel like a yank looking at a cricket scorecard :houllier: :confused: