Yet another Tactical Masterclass from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Whoop whoop!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That poster is incredibly abusive and the biggest gloater on the forum
Don't forget his toxicity in the Ole thread at the end of last season.
Apparently top 4 was only to be enjoyed by people who were pro-ole. This thread was just another in a long list of 1ups
A supporter gloating with glee when his football club wins. What a terrible human act Whatever next?!?! Supporting my manager is toxic?
Tell me, how else should I enjoy the pathetic adult indulgence that is supporting 11 men kicking a ball around for a few hours every week?

Insane that OleOUTers get so wound up over something that doesn't impact your actual life. You've all lost your minds.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're not only enjoying the wins. You wanted to piss off "Ole outs" by making a thread no better than what they made as well.
People said when Jose was at Utd the fanbase here were toxic. But as it stands, they're no better. Threads after threads are created to mock each other. This thread is one of the examples.

"Ole out at all cost!" vs "My dad is Ole".
I've stated on many occasions that I dont consider this as an act of supporting the club, so yeah, Im not going to accept their views on this matter.
And Im not interested in any kind or morality status either!

el3mel

Trolling Nagelsmann in this thread and the thread in football forum after our win, what were people expecting really? Trolling one of the best and acknowledged upcoming managers in world football just because some dared to suggest him as a replacement for Ole. It was always going to backfire. They could have enjoyed just the win but no, let's troll Nagelsmann as if the group ended after first 2 games.

So bloody arrogant. We honestly deserve this punishment. This is what we were asking for me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Trolling Nagelsmann in this thread and the thread in football forum after our win, what were people expecting really? Trolling one of the best and acknowledged upcoming managers in world football just because some dared to suggest him as a replacement for Ole. It was always going to backfire. They could have enjoyed just the win but no, let's troll Nagelsmann as if the group ended after 2-0.

So bloody arrogant. We honestly deserve this punishment. This is what we were asking for me.
Yeah, like this thread had magical powers to enhance Naglessman's coaching ability and inspire his win. :houllier:
I don't regret writing it, and enjoyed all the feelings that led me to write it in the first place.
Also there is no 'They'. There are supporters and there are Ole Haters and all its associated feelings and behaviours.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Yeah, like this thread had magical powers to enhance Naglessman's coaching ability and inspire his win. :houllier:
I don't regret writing it, and enjoyed all the feelings that led me to write it in the first place.
Also there is no 'They'. There are supporters and there are Ole Haters.
Your hipster defender thread sure ended well as well.

Maybe next time wait till the end of the season before celebrating excessively. This squad is capable of playing like world beaters and relegation standard all in the same game.

R'hllor

A supporter gloating with glee when his football club wins. What a terrible human act Whatever next?!?! Supporting my manager is toxic?
Tell me, how else should I enjoy the pathetic adult indulgence that is supporting 11 men kicking a ball around for a few hours every week?

Insane that OleOUTers get so wound up over something that doesn't impact your actual life. You've all lost your minds.
At least you are honest about it, you support your manager and not United manager, might be wrong but dont remember you being like this full in supportive mode regardless of results, peformances etc. when that classless prick JM was in charge. Sure we had same types just different names like Haram etc.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There is nothing wrong with being worried about the coaching set up at a football club you love and being frustrated when it’s obvious that mistakes are being made and the wrong people are leaving the club looking rudderless.

If people are not being abusive, they are not being worse supporters because they have concerns and actually feel something when a team full of talented players looks this bad.

No one is burning their house down and weeping in the streets.

I understand the hopefulness and optimism behind the thread, but there were already serious doubts at the time. It was risky and it’s been made to look foolish.

We love Ole, but he isn’t good enough to coach Manchester United and we need to move on and get serious about the clubs future.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
At least you are honest about it, you support your manager and not United manager, might be wrong but dont remember you being like this full in supportive mode regardless of results, peformances etc. when that classless prick JM was in charge. Sure we had same types just different names like Haram etc.
If you can be arsed to check, yes I was.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There is nothing wrong with being worried about the coaching set up at a football club you love and being frustrated when it’s obvious that mistakes are being made and the wrong people are leaving the club looking rudderless.
If people are not being abusive, they are not being worse supporters because they have concerns and actually feel something when a team full of talented players looks this bad.
No one is burning their house down and weeping in the streets.
I understand the hopefulness and optimism behind the thread, but there were already serious doubts at the time. It was risky and it’s been made to look foolish.
We love Ole, but he isn’t good enough to coach Manchester United and we need to move on and get serious about the clubs future.
You act like we are the board of the club. We are not, its just fans down the pub or coffee shop. This is an unofficial supporters forum, not the clubs internal strategy division!!
I dont take my opinions on this football forum as seriously as you take yours. Really please take all of this a lot less seriously!

Let's say you convince me and I change my mind and start slating Ole, what will you have achieved? I think you're all nuts!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Such blatant troll/wumm-ing attempts deserve a punishment or at least a warning, not encouraged. But then again there are a few who seem to always get away with wums for whatever reasons. This thread belongs to RAWK where dreams are multiplied by 10x and doubts about anything are shut down. You think Jose as manager was bad. What about now? after every win such threads/posts appear, worshiping Ole (not praising) than talking about the actual performance. All while hiding behind the good old "I'm a proper supporter, I'm happy when we win and I'm happy with our manager".

You know what? I don't mind Ole getting praises. For me, he has done more than what I thought he was capable of although I do think there are a lot of things that could still be improved. But when they start to become fanboys' worship sessions than actual praises, then what is difference between them Ole fanboys and Jose fanboys? we're heading into the same path all over again, the difference is this time it's much easier, backed by the theory of: supporting Ole means respecting a legend and therefore supporting the club in a proper way - which is as stupid as anything. Aside from that, who is to decide which is the best way to support a club and the wrong way that deserve insult at almost every post (look at the posts above) anyway? this reeks of "Top Red" all over again. Both are stupid and need to be banished from a forum that encourages discussions, not trolls and wums.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Your hipster defender thread sure ended well as well.
Maybe next time wait till the end of the season before celebrating excessively. This squad is capable of playing like world beaters and relegation standard all in the same game.
So shoot me for supporting my club, manager and its players. Go on. or what else will you do?
I'll celebrate as excessively about my club as I choose. They are my celebrations and they belong to me. Hope thats Ok with you.

b82REZ

So shoot me for supporting my club, manager and its players. Go on. or what else will you do?
I'll celebrate as excessively about my club as I choose. They are my celebrations and they belong to me. Hope thats Ok with you.
Well keep them to yourself rather than making threads about it.

Dante

Average bang
Ole thought the 5-3-2 was his ally. He merely adopted the 5-3-2. Nagelsmann was born in it, moulded by it. He didn't see the 4-2-3-1 until he was already a man, by then it was nothing to him but blinding!

To put it simply, Solksjaer fecked up tactically on Tuesday.

On the plus side, the 5-3-2 was probably the right formation for a match of this magnitude. Against a team like City or PSG it might have even worked.

On the negative side, Ole picked the wrong opposition to play it against. RBL play 5-3-2 week in and week out. They know all its strengths and weaknesses. And Nagelsmann used that knowledge to his advantage. RBL went striker-less and double teamed both AWB and Telles to drag the defence out of place. United had no answer because we simply don't know the formation well enough and the players were too confused to know who to track.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You act like we are the board of the club. We are not, its just fans down the pub or coffee shop. This is an unofficial supporters forum, not the clubs internal strategy division!!
I dont take my opinions on this football forum as seriously as you take yours. Really please take all of this a lot less seriously!

Let's say you convince me and I change my mind and start slating Ole, what will you have achieved? I think you're all nuts!
I dunno, I don’t think I am taking it that seriously. I do genuinely care about the club though.

Your logic is strange, because in this thread, it was you that really cared and you that was the real supporter.

Now, all of a sudden, the critics (not the abusers) care too much for voicing a few opinions on a football forum?

It doesn’t make much sense.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ole thought the 5-3-2 was his ally. He merely adopted the 5-3-2. Nagelsmann was born in it, moulded by it. He didn't see the 4-2-3-1 until he was already a man, by then it was nothing to him but blinding!

On the plus side, the 5-3-2 was probably the right formation for a match of this magnitude. Against a team like City or PSG it might have even worked.

On the negative side, Ole picked the wrong opposition to play it against. RBL play 5-3-2 week in and week out. They know all its strengths and weaknesses. And Nagelsmann used that knowledge to his advantage. RBL went striker-less and double teamed both AWB and Telles to drag the defence out of place. United had no answer because we simply don't know the formation well enough and the players were too confused to know who to track.
It's not the formation. We look clueless in various formations.

Our whole gameplan depends on individual quality, or go into the box, get a peno and score from there. The best games we play under Ole is sit back and hit on the counter, because you don't really need some progressive ideas.

We had 22 penos last season.

Our bread and butter is this:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I dunno, I don’t think I am taking it that seriously. I do genuinely care about the club though.

Your logic is strange, because in this thread, it was you that really cared and you that was the real supporter.

Now, all of a sudden, the critics (not the abusers) care too much for voicing a few opinions on a football forum?

It doesn’t make much sense.
You're the one stuck in the spaghetti loops, not me!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Yes, that was abundantly clear with hindsight, Ole got it horrible wrong.

As Nagelsmann's tactics were totally 'fecked' up for first game, for which which this thread was created. People bumping this thread for a different game doesnt change that.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
But if that's the case, why not just think them then.... if they belong to you?

Why make a thread?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
But if that's the case, why not just think them then.... if they belong to you?
Why make a thread?
Why not?
If its inappropriate, one of the mods will delete it, and I'll get a suitable warning.
Fact is its upto page 23, so it must have struck a chord, one way or another, so probably quite relevant.

Why not?
If its inappropriate, one of the mods will delete it, and I'll get a suitable warning.
Fact is its upto page 23, so it must have struck a chord, one way or another, so probably quite relevant.
Well to be fair, I think you've posted 16 pages of it.

I'm not telling you what to post, just wonder why when you said they're YOUR thoughts and belong to you.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well to be fair, I think you've posted 16 pages of it.
I'm not telling you what to post, just wonder why when you said they're YOUR thoughts and belong to you.
57 posts. 40 posts per page. So 1.5 pages out of 23 pages.
So, no, not even remotely close. It obviously struck a chord, either way.

57 posts. 40 posts per page. So 1.5 pages out of 23 pages.
So, no, not even remotely close. It obviously struck a chord, either way.
It wasn't literal :) Don't take everything to heart.

Getting loads of non stop challenges (same as in the Cavani social media post thread) can't be good for you.

Chill a bit, don't be so passive aggressive.. learn to read posts and ignore. It's good for you/everyone to let stuff go at times.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It wasn't literal :) Don't take everything to heart.
Getting loads of non stop challenges (same as in the Cavani social media post thread) can't be good for you.
Chill a bit, don't be so passive aggressive.. learn to read posts and ignore. It's good for you/everyone to let stuff go at times.
Am very very comfortable in all my opinions, Cavani thread included. :)
The responses I get is because people get triggered, which is their problem not mine. I don't feel challenged by them at all.

DFreshKing

First manager since Fergie to get to the mythical 2 points a game average that has won us so many titles. We are on a knife edge and it could be the start of a great run back to title challenges or he could be out by the end of the season but he has proven himself in the last two years to have the fight with understanding of what the club needed. He has improved the team and squad in much better way than more illustrious managers that have come post SAF.

Feels like Manchester Untied again and long may it continue.

Cardozo

In terms of making sure City did not bet us and taking advantage of Leeds's weaknesses, I think Ole got the last 2 games spot on.
Yeah, I think so.

Don't forget City dropped points against Leeds and Liverpool scraped by. Admittedly, Chelsea and Leicester dispatched them in a similar fashion to us.

I really like this United squad, feels like the best since SAF. We still need a few replacements to give us more depth (i.e. Matic replacement, RB cover and a quality RW) but other than that I think we have a great team that isn't too far behind.

Reactions: VeevaVee

RUCK4444

First manager since Fergie to get to the mythical 2 points a game average that has won us so many titles. We are on a knife edge and it could be the start of a great run back to title challenges or he could be out by the end of the season but he has proven himself in the last two years to have the fight with understanding of what the club needed. He has improved the team and squad in much better way than more illustrious managers that have come post SAF.

Feels like Manchester Untied again and long may it continue.
My thoughts exactly.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah, I think so.

Don't forget City dropped points against Leeds and Liverpool scraped by. Admittedly, Chelsea and Leicester dispatched them in a similar fashion to us.

I really like this United squad, feels like the best since SAF. We still need a few replacements to give us more depth (i.e. Matic replacement, RB cover and a quality RW) but other than that I think we have a great team that isn't too far behind.
All peak-Fergie squads three types of players in his squad: high potential kids; about to peak players and experienced players. Then as they age/develop and gain more experience, the players move up that value chain. You can see that Ole is attempting to replicate this.

But Ole first had to get rid of both the bad eggs and the deadwoods. Now he has to focus on the development of that tried & tested squad mix in the next couple of years.

TrustInOle

In terms of making sure City did not bet us and taking advantage of Leeds's weaknesses, I think Ole got the last 2 games spot on.
Completely agree. Whilst not being the most acceptable of games at home, I think that point will look alot better come end of January.

Cardozo

All peak-Fergie squads three types of players in his squad: high potential kids; about to peak players and experienced players. Then as they age/develop and gain more experience, the players move up that value chain. You can see that Ole is attempting to replicate this.

But Ole first had to get rid of both the bad eggs and the deadwoods. Now he has to focus on the development of that tried & tested squad mix in the next couple of years.
Yeah, I think you're spot on.

Our whole team is in the first two 'types' you describe apart from Cavani, Matic and Mata and none of those are in the first 11. We're missing experienced players so that explains the inconsistency.

I do think with one experienced addition in deep midfield it would give us a much more consistent team, the defence isn't as bad as it's made out to be but it's often left open to attack. Add to that a van Persie style signing with 20 goals a season in him (Canavi's a little too old to do it but Martial has shown glimers) our team would certainly be on another level.

The other option is to wait, as you suggest, which I'm also happy to do and let this squad develop into a title challenging team. One thing is for sure, we've got a solid foundation which is exactly what Ole said he wanted to build.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah, I think you're spot on.

Our whole team is in the first two 'types' you describe apart from Cavani, Matic and Mata and none of those are in the first 11. We're missing experienced players so that explains the inconsistency.

I do think with one experienced addition in deep midfield it would give us a much more consistent team, the defence isn't as bad as it's made out to be but it's often left open to attack. Add to that a van Persie style signing with 20 goals a season in him (Canavi's a little too old to do it but Martial has shown glimers) our team would certainly be on another level.

The other option is to wait, as you suggest, which I'm also happy to do and let this squad develop into a title challenging team. One thing is for sure, we've got a solid foundation which is exactly what Ole said he wanted to build.
Let's hope he gets his 'Carlos Queiroz' or 'Steve McClaren' soon after to help take the team to another level coaching wise.

Greck

so there were actually people waiting to resurrect this car crash with a vengeance

hungrywing

Yep. Despite the erstwhile tactical/in-game management snafus, he's doing a good job on the dressing-room culture/recruitment front.

And he's had to do it with a much smaller cohort of voices from the 'experienced players' category.