You have to pick..

Kazi

Liverpool win the league

or

City win the league and the Champions League

STYLOISRED

I'd take city anyday. One of my friends is a liverpool fan and i hate the smug look he gives me anytime liverpool win a game. If they won the league, he would be insufferable

Nicklas

I rather see City win all four competitions than see Liverpool win the league.

since 1977

Liverpool win the league

or

City win the league and the Champions League
Ill be honest, im getting really bored of this type of debate. Why do we have to discuss pathetic hypotheticals ?

sjw2511

No-one outside city fans actually care what city achieve really.

Member 90887

Don't really care a bit about city. so i'll take that option anyday.

Needham

I'll take that if Chelsea get the league cup and Utd get top 4 at Liverpool's expense.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
B, I don’t think people are prepared for a summer long Liverpool wankfest (with no Int’l tournament) if they go on to win it. They’ll write songs, poems, movies about it and social media would become even more vomit-inducing.

If City win the CL, there’s a chance baldie gets bored after winning everything and fecks off in 2020.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd rather City send the first man mission to Mars and we have to look at their team doing that weird dance thing up there whilst the whole world looks on in awe, their club forever grained in the history books of the world, with all the players given knighthoods and whatever else everywhere else and statues built of them on every street corner of every city, so you can't escape looking at Kompany's forehead over and over and over - than Liverpool winning the league.

GioF

I will completely go against the majority here but I just can’t stand City. To be truthful as much hate as Iv had over the years for Liverpool you can’t not respect the way they’ve created the team they have now. Gun to my head I’d take Liverpool over City.

They’ve sold their top players over the last few years (Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho) and reinvested and bought very well. You can respect that and I’m mature enough to compliment them on that (through gritted teeth)

What I can’t respect is a team of mercenaries who are chasing a paycheck. The manager and players are the second coming our our treble team by the sounds of the media. Only difference is our team was full of academy lads and players bought through the unbelievable amount of money we as a football club generated.

Oh and also a manger who came to the club without winning the league in decades with a budget to spend in line with the other top clubs. Unlike Pep who has had the unenviable task of taking over Barcelona, Munich and City. With the resources to buy whoever he wants.

They have a fantastic group of fans who have been loyal even at their lowest points but now they are a fan base full of glory hunting dickheads who don’t know what football history is.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
City, though I'd take Liverpool win the League and City win the CL just to see some of the meltdowns in here.

TBH I'd love us to pip 'pool to the league, the 'pool fans in here are a canny bunch but RAWK would be hilarious, though the 'pool fans would probably love to see the melt down on bluemoan

D. Mungai

Liverpool winning the league is like finding out and seeing your wife cheating. Unbearable but not death sentence. Can happen but never think about it. Broken but not dead. Time will heal but unforgettable.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why is this even a question? You can put Liverpool winning the league up against any scenario (barring probably Utd seizing to exist) and every Utd fan with any semblance of our history will always chose the 2nd option.

LInkash

I rather see City win all four competitions than see Liverpool win the league.
I wouldn't. We're the only team to have won the treble ever. To have another team not only match it, but better it is unthinkable. It would devalue our 99 season.

Liverpool are bound to win the league eventually so although it would be difficult to face, I'd prefer it over our legendary treble winning season being topped.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I wouldn't. We're the only team to have won the treble ever. To have another team not only match it, but better it is unthinkable. It would devalue our 99 season.

Liverpool are bound to win the league eventually so although it would be difficult to face, I'd prefer it over our legendary treble winning season being topped.
Says who? If they win it’d put them on 19

settembrini

I will completely go against the majority here but I just can’t stand City. To be truthful as much hate as Iv had over the years for Liverpool you can’t not respect the way they’ve created the team they have now. Gun to my head I’d take Liverpool over City.

They’ve sold their top players over the last few years (Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho) and reinvested and bought very well. You can respect that and I’m mature enough to compliment them on that (through gritted teeth)

What I can’t respect is a team of mercenaries who are chasing a paycheck. The manager and players are the second coming our our treble team by the sounds of the media. Only difference is our team was full of academy lads and players bought through the unbelievable amount of money we as a football club generated.

Oh and also a manger who came to the club without winning the league in decades with a budget to spend in line with the other top clubs. Unlike Pep who has had the unenviable task of taking over Barcelona, Munich and City. With the resources to buy whoever he wants.

They have a fantastic group of fans who have been loyal even at their lowest points but now they are a fan base full of glory hunting dickheads who don’t know what football history is.
I understand your reasoning but I draw the opposite conclusion from it.

If City win the league again then who cares, their owners bought it for them like a spoilt rich kid being given a Porsche for their birthday.

If Liverpool win it that's an achievement worthy of respect. I don't want to respect Liverpool! I want to laugh at them for thinking it's their year every year and never winning the trophy they believe they are due.

Tarrou

I'd rather city the League, UCL, League Cup, Charity Shield, Super Cup, World Club Cup, Golden Gloves, Ballon D'or, The World Series, The Superbowl, the Oscar for best picture and best original screenplay, the Turner prize, all the Baftas, all the Golden Globes, the Nobel peace prize and Masterchef Australia than Liverpool win the fecking Premier League

GioF

I understand your reasoning but I draw the opposite conclusion from it.

If City win the league again then who cares, their owners bought it for them like a spoilt rich kid being given a Porsche for their birthday.

If Liverpool win it that's an achievement worthy of respect. I don't want to respect Liverpool! I want to laugh at them for thinking it's their year every year and never winning the trophy they believe they are due.
Yeah I get that opinion of course I do. The thought of Liverpool winning the league is enough to make me vomit. However if this would of been early 2000’s when I was in high school then I’d be wanting City to pip Liverpool all day. I grew up in a Warrington where it was evenly split United/Liverpool. Some of my best mates were Liverpool fans so it would of been a complete no show in school for me!!

As it is now and that direct rivalry isn’t there for me on a daily basis I look at it differently. The way City have done it just makes my blood boil especially when it’s never spoken about HOW in fact they’ve rose to prominence.

It’s like being asked would you rather drown or burn to death. Both options are shite but City winning the quadruple would top our treble year (from a trophy prospective) and I don’t want that to happen!!