You have to win ONE game, your life's on the line.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Chewbacca. It's not wise to upset a wookie and Pele's getting on a bit now.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cristiano Ronaldo: winning-mentality, amazing stats and physical strength. He only needs himself to save my life.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'd agree to having most players offered to me as long as fergie was the manager who I got to choose for the match.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
This might be an unpopular one...

but a peak Wayne Rooney. In his prime he could play anywhere on the pitch, take on players and be lethal infront of goal too.

EDIT: Well.. or a peak Ronaldo but then I'd have to make a choice between Ronaldo the dribbler of the late 000's or Ronaldo the goalscoaring beast of the early 0010's
I heard Emperor Augustus rewarded Ronaldo with the Corona oleaginea just recently.

Btw my pick would be Ronaldo de Lima. Unreal from 1996 to 1999. A shame injuries stopped him. Defenders got away with murder back then. No comparison to today's game. Partying and the booze didn't help his body though so some blame rests on him.

Last edited:

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Iniesta or Roy Keane. Consistently good players and would be rare to ever find a bad performance out of them.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I heard Emperor Augustus rewarded Ronaldo with the Corona oleaginea just recently.

Btw my pick would be Ronaldo de Lima. Unreal from 1996 to 1999. A shame injuries stopped him. Defenders got away with murder back then. No comparison to today's game. Partying and the booze didn't help his body though so some blame rests on him.
Some people put his injuries down to steroid use. Makes you wonder how many footballers are using them even to this day.

GazTheLegend

I'd have to go with:
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson. Though I would give special instructions.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Messi
Thierry Henry
Tony Adams
Nemanja Vidic

I think my order would be something like that.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
Some people put his injuries down to steroid use. Makes you wonder how many footballers are using them even to this day.
Considering past cases of drug abuse in pretty much every sport on the planet it just seems logical to expect doping to be a part of football. It would actually surprise me if it wasn't so considering the money involved in today's game.
So Ronaldo taking steroids might be true... or not. Doesn't take away any of his brilliance though. His technique and creativity were sublime and that's what I liked most about his game.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Considering past cases of drug abuse in pretty much every sport on the planet it just seems logical to expect doping to be a part of football. It would actually surprise me if it wasn't so considering the money involved in today's game.
So Ronaldo taking steroids might be true... or not. Doesn't take away any of his brilliance though. His technique and creativity were sublime and that's what I liked most about his game.
Ye he was a unique player and probably prime Ronaldo only Messi is comparable to him because of the levels they reached.

My earliest memory of him is the WC 2002 when he was passed his best but still a great striker even when I juries caught up with him.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
Ye he was a unique player and probably prime Ronaldo only Messi is comparable to him because of the levels they reached.

My earliest memory of him is the WC 2002 when he was passed his best but still a great striker even when I juries caught up with him.
That world cup was hard to watch. Not many great games, dodgy refereeing and pretty much everybody knew that Ronaldo just came back from injury and was risking his carreer as a player to lift that cup. He'll forever be remembered a legend in Brazil for that though. His peak was the best I've ever seen from any Player in any attacking position. He had it all. Power, technique, vision, passing, creativity, skills... he seemed the perfect blend of a No. 9 and 10 - not as playful as Ronaldinho who seemed like he just wanted to enjoy himself on the pitch, but more pragmatic which is why Ronaldo's brilliant technique and skills tend to be overshadowed by his drive and power in discussions about his strengths. Ronaldo's usage of skills always served the purpose of shortening the distance to the opponents' goal as quickly as possible. At times it looked like he was just walking through defenders who tried to tackle, grab or check him in ways that could get you sent off in today's game, and more often than not he just brushed them off and kept running when 99% of the current crop of players would lie flat on the ground at the first opportunity. There may never be a fair way to determine the greates player of all time, but if there was Ronaldo at his peak should certainly be in the race imo.

RedCurry

Pique. Not for him but for his lady. If I am going to die, I want to go out in style.