You won't BELIEVE Ray Hudson's X Rated commentary on Neymar's GOLAZO

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Am I doing this right? Anyway, here in the US we have to suffer through Ray Hudson and The Other Guy Not Named Ray Hudson announcing La Liga matches. They do a studio voiceover on the standard definition match feed. You can sort of enjoy the matches, but you know it would be better without the condom.

For the uninitiated, every time Barcelona scores, Ray's eyes roll back in his head and he delivers some surrealistic pseudo-poetry to describe Messi's goal/assist and talents. The Other Guy keeps quiet and lets Ray do his Jim Morrison impression while I hit the mute button. It goes on longer than a John Bonham drum solo.

Today, Ray dropped a classic. Messi is the "pen in the hole, he sticks it in". I guess he means that Messi is like a cosmic dildo pounding on the oppposition goal or maybe even life itself, but your interpretations are welcome.

The full transcription, as much as I can decipher. Watch the video here. Maybe someone knows how to embed it.

Shhhpirring the football again...

And the pen in the hole is Messi. He sticks it in and this is again

A circle within a spiral

From Barcelona

A wheel within a wheel

Never ending or beginning

The ever spinning reel

Of Barcelona football

Everybody's gettin' in on the act

It's unstoppable, intricate, surgical football

First domino pushed by the number ten

With a ten pass right in the stripe of Jordi Alba

Suarez could have finished it off

He hears the Brazilian saying 'Suarezito, leave it"

"ok Amigo"

Golazo. Team golazo azo azo. Wonderful

Espanyol dismantled like a Lego set.

By pure brilliant teamwork.

Steev

I believe the first thing Hudson says is "Spirograph football again".

If you don't know what Spirograph is, it was basically a disappointing Christmas present for kids about 20 years ago.

You would stick a pen in a hole of some plastic cog and draw intricate patterns around a bigger cog. Sounds weird, but that's what we did back then. We also used to tie onions to our belt - which was the style at the time.

No idea what that has to do with Neymar's goal though.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What a fcking muppet. 'A wheel within a wheel'. I feel physically sick.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
His similes and metaphors are ridiculously inventive. Personally, I love his commentary.

saivet

Suarez could have finished it off

He hears the Brazilian saying 'Suarezito, leave it"

"ok Amigo"

This guy cracks me up

Blodssvik

I see Ray Hudson as a comic relief. Don't appreciate his style at all. But it's a good thing they don't all sound the same and say the same things. A lot of people seem to like his commentary.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I can't stand the twat. Tries way too hard to be clever. He doesn't even attend the matches he commentates:

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Rubbish thread title. Appropriate title would be Horny Young Man Finds Nonexistent Sexual Innuendo In Old Man's Poetry. You Won't Believe What Happened Next.

Just dropped by to express my disappointment at shameless click bait

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Rubbish thread title. Appropriate title would be Horny Young Man Finds Nonexistent Sexual Innuendo In Old Man's Poetry. You Won't Believe What Happened Next.

Just dropped by to express my disappointment at shameless click bait
"A pen in the hole is Messi"
"He sticks it in"
"Everybody's gettin' in on the act"

Some innuendo there

binary bot
I can't believe this guy commentating is a real thing

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

At this point he's overreacting just for the sake of it, I can understand waxing lyrical about Messi after he's taken on 5 players and put it in the top corner but going apeshit after a tame deflected goal is just silly.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Am I doing this right? Anyway, here in the US we have to suffer through Ray Hudson and The Other Guy Not Named Ray Hudson announcing La Liga matches. They do a studio voiceover on the standard definition match feed. You can sort of enjoy the matches, but you know it would be better without the condom.

For the uninitiated, every time Barcelona scores, Ray's eyes roll back in his head and he delivers some surrealistic pseudo-poetry to describe Messi's goal/assist and talents. The Other Guy keeps quiet and lets Ray do his Jim Morrison impression while I hit the mute button. It goes on longer than a John Bonham drum solo.

Today, Ray dropped a classic. Messi is the "pen in the hole, he sticks it in". I guess he means that Messi is like a cosmic dildo pounding on the oppposition goal or maybe even life itself, but your interpretations are welcome.

The full transcription, as much as I can decipher. Watch the video here. Maybe someone knows how to embed it.
I thought you were talking about your CE posts at first.

FujiVice

He's a gimmick announcer. He's so desperate for his moment when a goal goes in. I suppose he's alright for the odd youtube clip, but I cant imagine having to put up with him every single week.

Canuckred64

There are few things in football that bother me more than Ray Hudson, it is impossible to watch a game where he does play by play. I remember switching channels to watch the games in Spanish rather than put up with him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Is that commentary from that game, and not one edited into that video? :lol:

Hudson is always excessive but even that is way too much for that goal.

Jaybomb

He's fecking hilarious.

Plus, you can just tell he has a Messi poster on the wall above his bed.

Red Stone

He's brilliant. He's the over-emotional RAWK poet of football commentary. You just know he sits at home and writes these things before every game and then just hams it out for any old shit goal just so his preparation work doesn't go to waste.

It's way too fecking much, but anyone who has heard the monotonous drone of Sean Kelly commentating cycling would surely prefer the extreme enthusiasm to the opposite end of the spectrum. I find it hilarious.

Vanrouge

He once said this (allegedly): "Comparing Pirlo to Gerrard is like comparing Mozart to a banjo player." For that, I have to admit I like him a little.

thejtrain

Ugh! I would rather listen to Michael Owen. I can't stand the idiot - he's one reason why I never want to tune in to beIN or whatever channel.