Young Andy Murray Versus Rafael Nadal - Must win match for Murray

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
This is the type of game Murray needs to win if he is to challange for a major in tennis.

Hope he does as I like the lad. Better then Henman for sure.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's a good player, but unfortunately he is playing in an era with three of the potentially strongest players of the modern era, Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. I don't really see Murray beating any of those with any sort of regularity, as he just doesn't have the game, yet. Maybe a couple of years down the line he will be a genuine contender, but right now, I would expect him to lose this game eight times out of ten.

bazalini

Federer is gone. Djokovic has replaced him. Nadal is good on Clay but dodgy on Hard court. If Murray had beaten Tsonga at Melbourne it might have been different. He seems to be just coasting along at present and needs a good tournament win to elevate him into the top ranks. Now I reckon about 10 players are better then him, rather then the 3/4 you would have said start of year.

And by the 10 - I include Davydenko, Nalbandian, Berdych, Youshny and others

Brophs

The One and Only
Federer is gone. Djokovic has replaced him. Nadal is good on Clay but dodgy on Hard court. If Murray had beaten Tsonga at Melbourne it might have been different. He seems to be just coasting along at present and needs a good tournament win to elevate him into the top ranks. Now I reckon about 10 players are better then him, rather then the 3/4 you would have said start of year.

And by the 10 - I include Davydenko, Nalbandian, Berdych, Youshny and others
Baz, Federer is still recovering from glandular fever, and if I remember correctly, some sort of stomach ulcer. He'll be back. Nadal is improving all the time on the non-clay surfaces, and like Federer, he plays better the bigger the opponent. Djokovic is a young player, who can out-hit a lot of players, but at the moment he is still weaker than the top two, tactically. Barring injury, my guess is Federer v Nadal will be the French final, with Nadal taking it in four. Wimbledon will be Federer's again, and Djokovic v Federer in the US Open, with Federer beating him in five.

bazalini

Nahh - Believe you mean Fed's curve is on the Down. You couldn't live with the pace he set.

Paris - Nadal - Probably Djorkovic in Final
Wimbledon - All Fed - will always turn up an outsider - I like Davydenko on Grass (Hopefully he will be playing rather then playing for Mafia)
US Open - Djorkovic and the customary Roddick Hype with Ultimate blow out

Brophs

The One and Only
Think we'll have to agree to disagree here, Baz. Federer's main problems seem to be with mobility, and as a consequence, his timing of shots. I think once Federer gets his movement around the court sorted, it'll be the same player we've seen for the last few years. Agree about Davydenko, he suits the grass, but he doesn't really have the mental game to win a mental-slog of a tournament like Wimbledon.

Slevin

Murray is shit, has he ever actually lost without retiring?

Federer isn't gone yet... just a slump in form, he'll be back imo.
Nadal's game on grass IS getting better, he's only 21.. he'll sort it out in a year or 2.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
It was said zilion times already. Federer is still recovering from the mononucleosis which could take even a year to be fully fit. Then again he will shoot everybody down.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Murray will win majors, but it will be a few years down line. He's still developing. But I reckon he'll get far in 1 of the majors this season. Maybe wimbledon.