g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Your earliest football memory

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Colo-colo winning the Copa Libertadores in 1991. Its the only Chilean team ever to win in. I was 5 and obviously didnt realize what an achievement ikt was. I remember the moment clearly and already was a fan of colo colo bc o of a tshirt my dad gifted me a few months ago

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Italy vs Brazil 1994 World Cup final. Apparently it was a boring game but I remember being totally enthralled watching it. I remember the Brazilian goalkeeper (Tafferal?) kissing the post at one point in the game.

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
I remember being taken to the Dell with my father for my first game. Standing on the Milton Road terrace. I have tried to see via the results who this was against, and when, and I really can't work it out. I am fairly sure that it was before the 1976 FA Cup final (and no, it wasn't an offside goal :p) as I wasn't allowed to go to it. I recall that the opposition wore stripes and for some reason I think it might have been like WBA, but I'm not sure we played them at the time. Anyway, the bit that sticks in my mind was the reaction after the game. It was a draw, I think 1-1. My father thought that it was a really bad game and said so, and then asked what I thought. I thought that it was brilliant, but as a nipper I didn't voice that as I didn't want to be "wrong", instead I chose to agree with my old man.

Frank Price

Gazza breaking leg in the fa cup final

Last edited by a moderator:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Freezing my arse off standing up at a reserve game that my dad insisted I go to circa. 1964. All I remember is wanting to go home.

stubie

losing 2-0 to Norwich in 89, I'm almost certain that game was live on itv

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
"My old man said be a City fan..."

Took to me to Maine Road to watch them get beat 2-0 by everton. 1996.

The rest is history...

Big Andy

Bloke
Going to a United vs Oxford game in the early 80's...would've been 5 or 6...parking in what is now Exchange Quay, and walking to the ground, and there was a certain smell coming from the Industrial estate at the back of Victoria Warehouse, that I'll never forget to this day...

Zlatattack

Euro 96 - The grey kits, the penalty miss, not giving a shit who wins the final.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Wow. That must be awesome when you think back.
Certainly a lot of nostalgia associated with the memory. But it was bloody cold and I was only 5. He didn't try taking me again until about two years later and thankfully this time he got me a seat. I thoroughly enjoyed my second visit to OT.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Colo-colo winning the Copa Libertadores in 1991. Its the only Chilean team ever to win in. I was 5 and obviously didnt realize what an achievement ikt was. I remember the moment clearly and already was a fan of colo colo bc o of a tshirt my dad gifted me a few months ago
Lovely shirt Colo Colo had at the time. Jaime Pizarro and Gabriel Mendoza were superb players.