Your Favorite Rival Player

the_answer

From PL Rivals:
Currently: Van Dijk
Historically: Essien

From other teams in general:
Currently: Chiellini
Historically: Shevchenko (the Milan version it is)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Kante & Drogba are extremely likeable in my opinion. Drogba especially for his work in ending a war. Hero.
Essien was football-wise a perfect midfielder in my eyes, but I know little to nothing about him.

Don't particularly think there are any Liverpool players I like, but from what my mate says Jordan Henderson seems to be using his platform well in works against racism, so he deserves a mention. Robertson, Mane and Van Dijk are football profiles I love but know nothing of outside of the field.

From City i would say none. Aguero is a nasty thug, his likeable profile to me is just wrong. Admire him for the quality player he is, but it should stop there.
Anyone who plays for City is participating in the sportswashing for a horrible regime and just for that deserves to be mentioned as unlikeable twats. The only one from City I would value as a person is Sterling. Just find it hard to accept that he plays for that regime. Otherwise great guy.

Arsenal aren't rivals anymore, and Tottenham have no likeable players even if they were accepted as rivals.

Bertie Wooster

I can't think of any who I've grown to like while they played for our rivals. So mine are all players who I liked before they signed for them and joining them didn't turn me off them.

So I'd say Fernando Torres, who I liked from early on in his Atletico career. And Adrian Mutu who I liked from his many Serie A clubs prior to joining neaveau riche Chelsea. Thought their treatment of him was awful - many players have failed drugs tests and benefitted from the support of their club to aid in their recovery and redemption. Instead Mutu was not only fired by them but left with huge financial debts to pay back to Chelsea.

marktan

Sadio Mane. That goal to sit down Neuer is engrained in my memory. Was some player before he was overplayed by Klopp.

From Chelsea weirdly it's Ramires. Bit of an enigma but had some godly moments, especially in the Champions league. Chipping Valdes brought me a lot of joy as I hated Barca at the time.

Ashley Cole is another actually. Exactly what the ideal fullback should be.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Some people here are saying Xabi Alonso and De Bruyne, which are fine for you, but Salah isn't? Makes you wonder...

He's a top-class player and a good person, just a religious and principled guy, nothing more to him. I wish we had him.
I don't find it fine, I just haven't go to all post criticizing them.

Xabi Alonso I find it easier since he had also spells in Madrid and Bayern, but ffs Salah and KDB are footballers that basically developed at their entire peak with our hated rivals. I just can't like them, as footballers obviously, with them being key players to our rivals.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Currently Ansu Fati and Giménez.
Sevilla is not exactly a rival but I really like En-Nesyri.
Internationally and considering Bayern a historical rival, Kimmich.
In the past among others Romario, Cocu, Deco, Futre, Ayala, Vicente

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't find it fine, I just haven't go to all post criticizing them.

Xabi Alonso I find it easier since he had also spells in Madrid and Bayern, but ffs Salah and KDB are footballers that basically developed at their entire peak with our hated rivals. I just can't like them, as footballers obviously, with them being key players to our rivals.
The Salah admiration thing happens I think alot from a certain middle eastern culture too - arguably the best player ever from there; so he gets alot of respect from them even if its not playing for the club you support.

I remember asking alot of people who their favourite player was - and it was Salah even if that wasnt the club they supported.

Not saying this is why people on this thread like him but still.

meamth

Good shout. Also Yaya and Henry was difficult not to enjoy
Perhaps the most complete midfielder I've ever seen.
Tall, powerful, quick, skillful and can score goals. What a player.

Textbook example of midfield powerhouse.

He is the player what we thought Pogba should be.....:(

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Kevin Großkreutz, Dortmund. Not because he was ever the greatest player nor because he was actually likeable. Rather because he was a massive c*** but he was theirs. I love van Bommel and I can easily see how opposing teams may have hated him but he was our c*** for a while.

As for favorites Reus is up there. He always had great relationships with the likes of Lewandowski and Aubameyang indicating real superstars rate him and he stayed true to his club when he could easily have transfered to Bayern for 10 years straight like Götze, Hummels or Lewa did but he decided against it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
From Benfica? None. Feck em all
From Porto? None. Feck em all

Twats.

Cloud7

Perhaps the most complete midfielder I've ever seen.
Tall, powerful, quick, skillful and can score goals. What a player.

Textbook example of midfield powerhouse.

He is the player what we thought Pogba should be.....:(
Yaya was insane. Technically gifted, great vision and passing, quality shooting. And then there were moments when he could just flip a switch and disregard all that and just bulldoze through a team. He really had it all.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Dennis Bergkamp easily.

A true artist of the game. A gentleman. Graceful and classy.

TommyGunn

Supports
Liverpool
Always loved King Eric, was so jealous watching him play for Utd. Honourable mentions to Zola and Bergkamp

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Dennis Bergkamp easily.

I really disliked him, to be honest. Great to watch of course, but he was one the players from that Arsenal side I disliked the most.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Juan Mata.
There were rumours in the past that he would join LFC when he was with Valencia. Later I hoped we would go for him, when he left Chelsea.
Comes across as a nice bloke, and was a really good player until recently.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Currently no one, they sold Griezmann and before them getting rid of Messi I would had him at the club just to wind them up. I guess De Jong (Frenkie) and Pedri are fine players whom I don't dislike.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Dennis Bergkamp easily.

Maybe you mean off the field but Bergkamp was as cnuty as they come on it. From his wiki " Throughout his playing career, Bergkamp was accused of diving, and was referred to as a "cheat" and "dirty player" for retaliating against players who had previously challenged him, something his former manager Wenger denied "

Great player but had a nasty side to his game a little like Suarez.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Easy. Henry. So unfair he never won a CL :p or a ballon d or

honirelandboy

Arsenal: Robert Pires - Quality player
Liverpool: Steven Gerrard - loved his passion
Chelsea: Jimmy Floyd and Zola
City - Fernandinho - Just the type of player we've been missing for eight seasons.

diarm

Denis Bergkamp is one of my favourite ever players and when he was at Arsenal they were out biggest rivals. Currently I really like Kante at Chelsea and Bernardo Silva at City.