Your Favourite SAF Title Year

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
European Cups
League Titles

Hard to pick. I'll have to go for the 92/93 season; Cantona leading us to the title, that volley at Selhurst Park from Sparky, hearing that Villa had lost ending a 26 year wait. There have been better footballing seasons but it's hard for me to choose another

December_16

2006/07 for me. It brought back all the confidence in me that Chelsea will not be dominating for the next few years/decade/century/etc. and we won it in style as well. Plus the excitement over the prospects of having TWO upcoming world class players in Ronaldo and Rooney.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Doing Liverpool into second in 08/09 was pretty awesome.

Man-United

1999/2000

I just loved the football we played that season. I say, if we had Peter in goal, that side would have been better than the 98/99 one.

Guy Incognito

2002/03 was won by sheer will.

2006/07 was sheer will and bags of style.

Both were great title races.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
2002/3. They were written off by November, up against the new Arsenal super team who would dominate football.

It was so exciting to watch them reel them in.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Between 06/07 and 02/03 for me and my genuine appreciation of football and Manchester United. Both so different yet both were absolutely amazing to experience.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
2006/07

Fergie/United were being slagged at every corner. Chelsea were heralded as the new kings.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
2006/07 for me. It brought back all the confidence in me that Chelsea will not be dominating for the next few years/decade/century/etc. and we won it in style as well. Plus the excitement over the prospects of having TWO upcoming world class players in Ronaldo and Rooney.
This. Tipped to miss out the CL spot, win the league. feck off you haters :)

Cina

2006/07

Fergie/United were being slagged at every corner. Chelsea were heralded as the new kings.
Yup.

The uproar after they signed Shevchenko and Ballack, and we only signed Carrick, was brilliant. Shows just how much more the man knew than the rest of us.

Also helps that we haven't played football as good since then!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The 1st one was amazing but I was 13.

95/96 and 06/07 are my favourites

Both I went into the season believing we were in proper decline and at the end of both seasons I had done full reversal.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
06/07, would have swashbuckled our way to the Champions League if not for defensive injuries that year.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
2006/07 - we played tremendous football, defeated Mourinho's machine and haven't looked back since after enduring a 'poor' spell the 3 previous seasons.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
07/08

At the start of that season I said that we were the best team in Europe and in the end we proved it.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
98/99

Obviously

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
There are so many favorite seasons to choose from!

I'd say one of the mid 90s. We won that first prem title already but in the eyes of some it was a bit fluky. Then Cantona was brought in and we kept winning, sometimes with style and sometimes with determination. After that second or third prem title we all began to realize something very special was happening. The rawness of the joy, none of the cynicism -- or at least the perpetual heightened expectations that we all deal with now -- were present back then. It was all new, all special and almost an out of body experience, even for those of us watching it all from 6,000 miles away.

atomic keane

98/99 Football bloody hell, this is the winner
02/03 really sweet!
06/07 loved the football played in that season, just amazing..
07/08 so so satisfying

MUFCgal

2007: Winning the title was amazing. We had Arsenal's invincibles then Mouriinho's Chelsea up against us and we hadn't won the league in 4 years. Only the season before we'd failed miserably in the CL. People were writing us off from every angle, and saying we were done, and that Chelsea were the new dominant force in English football.

Our football that season was truly magnificent to watch. Who could forget Sheasy's winner at Anfield, Ronnie's winner at Fulham, and 'Mourinho are you listening?' :D We did very well in Europe too, remember that 7-1 thrashing of Roma? But unfortunately we came unstuck against Kaka and Milan.

But for the Champions League, you have to go with 1999. Football, bloody hell :devil:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
There are so many favorite seasons to choose from!

I'd say one of the mid 90s. We won that first prem title already but in the eyes of some it was a bit fluky. Then Cantona was brought in and we kept winning, sometimes with style and sometimes with determination. After that second or third prem title we all began to realize something very special was happening. The rawness of the joy, none of the cynicism -- or at least the perpetual heightened expectations that we all deal with now -- were present back then. It was all new, all special and almost an out of body experience, even for those of us watching it all from 6,000 miles away.
Cantona was brought in early on in our 1st title season, not after it.

LR7

I was only 5 going on 6 for the first title which I imagine is really special to lots of people but I don't remember it too much.
1998/99 is definitely my favourite but 06/07 is up there for sure.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
1999. It just felt like we were genuinely the best team in the world, as we just kept going and going, and won just about everything that was put infront of us. I loved that era of Beckham aswell. He played with so much passion. Every celebration he looked like he was about to rip out of his shirt. A true fan on the pitch. If we had Keane and Scholes fit in the final, I think we would have twatted Bayern with ease, but I'm glad it happened the way it did. The agony and then the glory to top off a near perfect season.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
99 was our best season and my favourite.

For some reason I assumed this thread was just your favourite title as in league.

Chabon

06/07 was both our most enjoyable and best title-winning team. Such a shame we didn't win that last game against West Ham and (deservedly) set a club points record.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
93/94

It was a proper first XI. Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pallister, Parker, Giggs, Keane, Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes and Cantona.

Super subs in Robson, Sharpe and McClair.

The double was the perfect sequel to 1992/1993. Doubles have been won since, and a treble, but those were the days for me.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm going to be boring and go with 1999. Dancing round the living room. Newspaper cuttings on the wall from the day after each trophy.

I remember the FA Cup final from 1996. That was a bit special.

Waltraute

She-Devil
92/93

I grew up wishing and hoping and crying into my pillow, and promising myself 'if only I could see United win the league, just once, I'll never wish for anything ever again'. Nothing will ever compare.

Runners-up: 93/94; 98/99; 06/07.

JmRssll555

Since I'm a bit younger, 02/03 was my first proper title win, where I truly experienced all the highs and lows of a season, watching as often as I could. So that one is pretty special - I'll also never forget the last 2 matches where it seemed like Becks would leave, and for him to smash in that freekick away to Everton on the last day of the season, the day we got our hands on the trophy, was really excellent.

Of course, 06/07 was a truly brilliant season as well. Probably still the best football I've ever seen from United - the 07/08 season was fun, but we probably weren't quite as exciting as the previous year. I'll always hold Moscow as a more cherished memory than '99 though, since I was able to appreciate it so much more.

Finally, the 10/11 season when we won the record breaking 19th title was another memorable one. We played shit football that year, which took the shine off a little bit, but then there were some classic United moments scattered throughout too. Ones which immediately spring to mind would be Berbatov's hat-trick against the Scousers and the win away to Blackpool.

It's a sad day for all us fans, and the club today, but we should all feel incredibly lucky to have lived in the Sir Alex Ferguson era. What a legend.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
93/94

It was a proper first XI. Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pallister, Parker, Giggs, Keane, Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes and Cantona.

Super subs in Robson, Sharpe and McClair.

The double was the perfect sequel to 1992/1993. Doubles have been won since, and a treble, but those were the days for me.
I think that is the strongest XI we ever had under him. It was a side that was utterly ruthless, was hard as nails, played with flair and excitement and demolished everyone in sight in the Prem. Leaders of men absolutely everywhere in that side.

manutddjw

Looking back on it, the Champions League win of 07/08 was more satsfying for me than the 98/99 one when I compare them. The 98/99 win loses some luster when I think that Scholes and Keane played no part in the final. It'd be like if we win the title next season and Sir Alex isn't there to lift the trophy. Of course I'm over the moon we won the trophy, but it feels like theres something important missing.

For League wins, I'd have to say 08/09 was incredibly dramatic. From the Spurs comeback, Macheda's winner, Rafa's rant and the fact that it was Liverpool we beat out makes it number one for me.

Waltraute

She-Devil
I think that is the strongest XI we ever had under him. It was a side that was utterly ruthless, was hard as nails, played with flair and excitement and demolished everyone in sight in the Prem. Leaders of men absolutely everywhere in that side.
Couldn't agree more, that's a perfect description of my fave XI. What a side that was! Even the best players today look like boys compared to them.

And now you're making me cry again.