1. Eriksen, proper legend, so glad he joined us
2. Rashford, proud he plays for us
3. De Gea, underrated it seems, great pro

30. Fernandes, really needs to stop whining
50. Ronaldo, great player who I have never liked
100. Greenwood, obviously

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
A little sad to see how many here pick two or three players who have only been at the club for a couple of months. Reeks of purple patch bias, which to be fair is the epitome of the caf
Less of purple batch bias and more shows the absolute shite we had under previous management. A lot of the favorites from before like Rashford, Ronaldo and Bruno have also lost credit since last season.

AndersB

Who's your picks then? Surely someone who's been here for 1 year+

Good luck!!
Difficult, but let's go

DDG for his longevity and having been our best player for multiple seasons

Rashford for having given me so many great moments, all his frustrating sides notwithstanding

The last one is more difficult. Bruno is certainly a contender. Dalot may be getting there, due to the fight / morale he is showing right now (alongside good performances). I also like Shaw for various reasons. It is tempting to give it to Martinez too, though, for showing fantastic character, even though he's been here less than half a season.

Tony247

Not the best, not anything else, just your favorite. Top 3. Current regulars.

I will go first

1. Licha, undisputed number one!
2. Eriksen
3. Dalot (if he keeps playing like he's played recently).
Varane
Martinez
Eriksen

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Martinez - He is brilliant, love everything about him.

Then don't have a clear favourites, Rashford, Bruno, Shaw, Casemiro, De Gea all at same level.

Gavinb33

Martinez, Varane and Rashford

I used to be a center back in another lifetime so always have a soft spot for them and I am sucker for a homegrown player they generally are always in my favourite players for the team at different points.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
1. Martinez, revolutionised the defence since joining.
2. Eriksen, been the difference in Midfield and a fantastic creative player.
3. Casemiro, protects the defence so well and has a great pass on him. Could provide a few goals this season as well.

was gonna have Dalot in there as well as he has been brilliant this season and his output has improved, but Casemiro has been different level.

tomaldinho1

A little sad to see how many here pick two or three players who have only been at the club for a couple of months. Reeks of purple patch bias, which to be fair is the epitome of the caf
Reason Martinez is so loved so quickly isn’t because he’s a new shiny toy, it’s because he plays in the manner that we’ve been asking for for years. If a player cares, fans are going to take to them.

Rojofiam

Martínez & Fernandes are the two for me, couldn't name a third, though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What Bruno did in his first two seasons was mind-blowing - by a considerable margin the best any United player post SAF has done, and also with a transformative effect on the team (which, in case people have forgotten, immediately grew from essentially a mid-table side to having the best record in the PL, and then finished second the next season). There's something seriously wrong with people's instincts if that doesn't inspire a lasting sense of appreciation.
We were 5th in the league before he signed. 4 points off Chelsea in 4th. Despite missing Rashford, Martial and Pogba for huge parts of the season to that point. We drew Bruno’s first game 0-0 at home to Wolves and went from 5th to 4th by the last game of the season.

Bertie Wooster

Cristiano Ronaldo
Christian Eriksen
Lisandro Martinez

Hannibal Mejbri would probably be in the top 3 should he break into the 'first team' squad.

justsomebloke

We were 5th in the league before he signed. 4 points off Chelsea in 4th. Despite missing Rashford, Martial and Pogba for huge parts of the season to that point. We drew Bruno’s first game 0-0 at home to Wolves and went from 5th to 4th by the last game of the season.
wow, what a textbook example of misleading and selective argumentation.

We went to third. And you might want to look at the points situation (4 pts ahead of Newcastle in 14th, 6 pts out of 4th place and 13 pts behind Leicester in 3rd) when he signed. And consider the fact we went undefeated with the best record in the league for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

L1nk

Martinez
Dalot
Antony

If only because they show some actual fight and some balls whenever they step onto the pitch, a far cry from last few seasons when we had nothing.

nakpodiareuben

This is a really difficult question. Really difficult. I love all united players but will choose base on their importance to this team right now.

Martinez

Casemiro

Bruno.

I kind of feel guilty that 2/3 are new players but that is how it is

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've got four and there's nothing between them, Varane, Martinez, Eriksen, Casemiro. If we were starting from scratch constructing a team those are the four I'd build around.

3KDré

Think we can all agree Martinez is probably everyone's favourite at the club.

MUFC OK

Only a couple votes for Ronaldo is interesting.
If you haven't noticed, you get shouted down for saying anything remotely positive about Ronaldo on here nowadays.

It's almost as if fans at OT have a completely different perspective. His name is sung loudly at every home game.