Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The one at about 0:20 where it bobbles erratically across the farmer's field and then goes in off the keeper's dick is just top notch shit football. :drool:
:lol: that was where I stopped taking it seriously.

Lux Thunder

If we are going to look for a CB in the future windows, regarding Maguire's status and Varane's fitness, I truly like the look of Facundo Medina (left-footed) and Kevin Danso from Lens.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
19 year old Victor Hugo from Flamengo looks a very interesting young attacking midfielder. He's left footed with fantastic close control and he can dribble/carry the ball ball superbly well. I started watching Flamengo play more often since Jorge Sampaoli was made head coach and the young Victor Hugo has definitely caught the eye and is a young player who can play under pressure.

kaiser00

How about some of the Celtic players. A few underrated like Hatate, Taylor, Jota and O'Riley. Some solid professionals here.

avgp_1

If we are going to look for a CB in the future windows, regarding Maguire's status and Varane's fitness, I truly like the look of Facundo Medina (left-footed) and Kevin Danso from Lens.
Medina could be a brilliant backup LCB

luke511

Our friendly against them will be a good watch, they have a bunch of interesting players.

Dan_F

I'm convinced 21 year old Zan Vipotnik from Maribor is one of the best value strikers on the market currently, valued at £3.5 million. Celtic and Real Betis are some of the clubs interested in him -

Joining Bordeaux by the sounds of it. French second league is probably not the market we want to be shopping in, but I did try to tell you that already.
The one at about 0:20 where it bobbles erratically across the farmer's field and then goes in off the keeper's dick is just top notch shit football. :drool:
The team got relegated to the second division of Slovenian football last season, so yeah. Not great at all :lol:

luke511

Joining Bordeaux by the sounds of it. French second league is probably not the market we want to be shopping in, but I did try to tell you that already.

The team got relegated to the second division of Slovenian football last season, so yeah. Not great at all :lol:
Wtf :lol: Bordeaux look like they’re splashing the cash relatively speaking. Will keep an eye on their match prices when the season comes round.

Dan_F

Wtf :lol: Bordeaux look like they’re splashing the cash relatively speaking. Will keep an eye on their match prices when the season comes round.
I did have to Google to check which league they were in. Looks like they’ve had loads of financial problems previously so no idea what they’re doing spending that much. A very nice fee for Maribor though.

Lux Thunder

Medina could be a brilliant backup LCB
Gives me Licha vibes whenever I watch him, very technical player with a great passing range from the LCB position.

We are now having more urgent needs to solve this summer, so I hope he stays in Lens for another season as they secured CL football.

In the future, when we will be looking to add more depth to the squad, he would be stylistically perfect to cover Licha and let Shaw concentrate on his natural LB position.

Our friendly against them will be a good watch, they have a bunch of interesting players.
Agree, they had an excellent season.

Kingslayer18

I like the look of Arthur Vemeeren. Plays as a deep lying playmaker for Royal Antwerp. Great passing range, mobile and can get stuck in. Also seems to have a cool head, despite being so young. A couple of big teams already circling for him and a player we should definitely be tracking.

daba

I like the look of Arthur Vemeeren. Plays as a deep lying playmaker for Royal Antwerp. Great passing range, mobile and can get stuck in. Also seems to have a cool head, despite being so young. A couple of big teams already circling for him and a player we should definitely be tracking.
Yeah he smells like he’s guna be a class player. We’re apparently one of the big teams you mention, alongside Barca.

100% behind us signing him although preference would be Lavia if our budget permits.

Kingslayer18

Yeah he smells like he’s guna be a class player. We’re apparently one of the big teams you mention, alongside Barca.

100% behind us signing him although preference would be Lavia if our budget permits.

Agreed Lavia is probably first choice if our budget was big enough but I looking at how competitive it is for him, with Pool, Arsenal and also Chelsea looking at him, I think we should look at another young DM who's likely to be cheaper. Vemeeren will probably cost about 15-20m.

Bojan Djordjic

Good shout. Seems to be a complete absence of strong links to the likes of Lavia and I really think we need someone a bit younger and with a higher ceiling than Amrabat if its to be Casemiro's understudy.

onemanarmy

He would be stupid to move now. Antwerp just became champions, he plays every single minute and will play CL. If he's smart he stays another season and keeps developing.

Kingslayer18

He would be stupid to move now. Antwerp just became champions, he plays every single minute and will play CL. If he's smart he stays another season and keeps developing.

I agree that he should probably stay another season and get more experience, especially as Antwerp will be playing in the Champions League. But there's nothing stopping UTD from buying him now and loaning him to Antwerp for a year, similar to what Leipzig did with Maarten Vandevoordt. Then we secure him and he still gets another year of playing experience

NoPace

How much do you guys rate Nico Gonzalez? Could be available as Barcelona doesn't seem to plan with him as much as with their other talents. Could do a Pique and join us.
I believe he struggled at Valencia initially but ended up doing okay.

Eye test wise, I quite liked him the season before the 4 or 5 times I saw him play for Barca. Good dribbler and short passer for a CM with some height. I think he's expected to go on loan, but he'd be a fun buy as a #8 prospect for us if we can't get Lavia and get a solid backup DM like Amrabat.

Bruno-Mount-Eriksen-Nico-Casemiro-Amrabat

and then I guess the hope would be that Mainoo can replace Eriksen in 2025 after a year or 2 on loan.

Kingslayer18

Good shout. Seems to be a complete absence of strong links to the likes of Lavia and I really think we need someone a bit younger and with a higher ceiling than Amrabat if its to be Casemiro's understudy.

Agreed, definitely get the sense media is just using us as clickbait for Lavia. No real concrete links although that could be due to budget constraints. I'd imagine we'd only move for a young DM if we were able to sell McTominay. We shouldn't go for Amrabat, doesn't have a high ceiling and I'd prefer a younger player. That move doesn't make sense to me. Look at the squad Arsenal are building, all young players under 25 that are developing well. We should be staying clear of older, expensive players considering current age of our squad.

aeh1991

I believe he struggled at Valencia initially but ended up doing okay.

Eye test wise, I quite liked him the season before the 4 or 5 times I saw him play for Barca. Good dribbler and short passer for a CM with some height. I think he's expected to go on loan, but he'd be a fun buy as a #8 prospect for us if we can't get Lavia and get a solid backup DM like Amrabat.

Bruno-Mount-Eriksen-Nico-Casemiro-Amrabat

and then I guess the hope would be that Mainoo can replace Eriksen in 2025 after a year or 2 on loan.
yea I think he could be a decent and not too expensive candidate if we go for another CM. Always feel like Barca underappreciate him or doesn't plan with him as they don't see him as a 6. He has good playmaking skills too so would be an interesting backup to Eriksen.

whitbyviking

If we are bargain bin shopping for a forward again, maybe 3rd or 4th choice, I'd consider Gyokeres from the Chimpionship, bit of a nuisance with some ability and scores goals, also Joao Pedro from Watford seems to fit the bill as a versatile, young prospect. Bazunu maybe from Southampton as a young, project keeper, not cure on the City buyback option. Alex Scott from Bristol City has been mentioned a lot on the forum, so not sure if he's under the radar any more, but he looks a prospect.

In terms of on the continent, if we were looking for a right back then Calabria at Milan is technically under the radar as a relative unknown, but he's their captain and don't imagine he'd be cheap. Maybe Gianluca Mancini from Roma as a 3rd choice CB, since Jose seems to be interested in a couple of our lot and a deal could be done.

These are not necessarily what I would consider prime targets, more prospects or squad options for positions of need given our alleged diminished means in the transfer market, just for clarity.

jeepers

Gyokeres is supposedly close to signing for Sporting Lisbon and Joao Pedro signed for Brighton like before the season even ended.

Alex Scott might be a gem but is hardly unknown after just winning Championship Young PotS.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Loïs Openda from Lens if we are looking at that team is the player I would be interested in, only 22 and scored 21 in 38 with a few assists too and particularly good at progressing and carrying the ball

Bojan Djordjic

Loïs Openda from Lens if we are looking at that team is the player I would be interested in, only 22 and scored 21 in 38 with a few assists too and particularly good at progressing and carrying the ball
Openda looks like he could develop into a very good player but not sure he has the physical stature that Ten Hag likes in his forwards.

Bojan Djordjic

Don't disagree but he seemed to rate Martial when fit who isn't physically imposing either
Ah not sure about that really. I don't think Martial would be ten Hag's first choice in an ideal world but he's a no-brainer for selection when Wout Weghorst is the alternative.

Ekeke

2 players contracted to River Plate, 1 is out on loan and both 22 years old

Beltran is the best young striker in Argentina this season. He's not the exact same style, but coming through and essentially replacing Alvarez as River's goalscoring striker you could say that he's a bit like that type of potential signing. Good linkup play, can score with right, left and head and will score from the penalty spot. More physical strength and less pace than Alvarez

Out on loan from River to Godoy, Hernan Lopez is a cultured left footed attacking midfielder who will take players on all day and likes to play a teammate into dangerous positions. Reminds me of Di Maria and is one of the best young attacking players in Argentina. Theres a couple of others around the same age give or take a year or two, Machuca and Benedetti but for now these two are the two I know a bit more about

And yes I think both are good enough to get a chance at United or a club like that and the argentine league has quite low prices for players

jesperjaap

Beltran is the best young striker in Argentina this season. He's not the exact same style, but coming through and essentially replacing Alvarez as River's goalscoring striker you could say that he's a bit like that type of potential signing. Good linkup play, can score with right, left and head and will score from the penalty spot. More physical strength and less pace than Alvarez

Out on loan from River to Godoy, Hernan Lopez is a cultured left footed attacking midfielder who will take players on all day and likes to play a teammate into dangerous positions. Reminds me of Di Maria and is one of the best young attacking players in Argentina. Theres a couple of others around the same age give or take a year or two, Machuca and Benedetti but for now these two are the two I know a bit more about

And yes I think both are good enough to get a chance at United or a club like that and the argentine league has quite low prices for players
Dont no either but generally speaking am surprised as of yet at least, we dont seem to be moving for any players in South America. Have seen a few youtubers mentioning Alan Varela and a Brazilian whose name I forget in CM is it Andre?

Always a risk with SOuth American signings that hasnt worked out for us often in the past, but considering the contingent of SOuth AMericans currently at the club and the relative low cost fees, think there must surely be a couple of great deals for some of ou rproblem positions that wouldnt cost too much.

Only see France offering the same kidn of value and the only players press have linked us to heavily havent been that exciting considering the talent there

manutddjw

I only saw 1 game and then some YouTube clips after he impressed me. This was Redondo’s boy. He looks a player

jesperjaap

If we are bargain bin shopping for a forward again, maybe 3rd or 4th choice, I'd consider Gyokeres from the Chimpionship, bit of a nuisance with some ability and scores goals, also Joao Pedro from Watford seems to fit the bill as a versatile, young prospect. Bazunu maybe from Southampton as a young, project keeper, not cure on the City buyback option. Alex Scott from Bristol City has been mentioned a lot on the forum, so not sure if he's under the radar any more, but he looks a prospect.

In terms of on the continent, if we were looking for a right back then Calabria at Milan is technically under the radar as a relative unknown, but he's their captain and don't imagine he'd be cheap. Maybe Gianluca Mancini from Roma as a 3rd choice CB, since Jose seems to be interested in a couple of our lot and a deal could be done.

These are not necessarily what I would consider prime targets, more prospects or squad options for positions of need given our alleged diminished means in the transfer market, just for clarity.
I was impressed with Calabria too this season n the CL but liek you say captain, 26 so not even a long long term option and probably costly...he did handly the quality Napoli lw very well in the sem finals.

Ekeke

Dont no either but generally speaking am surprised as of yet at least, we dont seem to be moving for any players in South America. Have seen a few youtubers mentioning Alan Varela and a Brazilian whose name I forget in CM is it Andre?

Always a risk with SOuth American signings that hasnt worked out for us often in the past, but considering the contingent of SOuth AMericans currently at the club and the relative low cost fees, think there must surely be a couple of great deals for some of ou rproblem positions that wouldnt cost too much.

Only see France offering the same kidn of value and the only players press have linked us to heavily havent been that exciting considering the talent there
Yeah, especially surprising as City have signed a bunch of players from the Argentine league - Way back in 14/15 they signed Zuculini. In 20/21 they signed Bustos and Sarmiento, 21/22 Alvarez and in Jan Maximo Perrone. Thats on top of the Argentine players they signed that had already moved to european leagues.

And Madrid keep going back to Brazil

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Gyokeres is supposedly close to signing for Sporting Lisbon and Joao Pedro signed for Brighton like before the season even ended.

Alex Scott might be a gem but is hardly unknown after just winning Championship Young PotS.
Ya deal is basically done with Sporting and Gyokeres for 20M + add ons

Didn’t know much about him until the transfer rumors started but from what championship coaches say and fans he was the best player in the championship last season.

Looks like a strong player who is pretty quick with a powerful shot as well as being able to link up play.

Do you know much about him? Would love feedback from people who know the player better.

He is going to break our record transfer fee and Sporting desperately need a striker who can score goals.

SportingCP96

Supports

Looks like their is a proper player in this young man, I hope he does well.

NoPace

Ya deal is basically done with Sporting and Gyokeres for 20M + add ons

Didn’t know much about him until the transfer rumors started but from what championship coaches say and fans he was the best player in the championship last season.

Looks like a strong player who is pretty quick with a powerful shot as well as being able to link up play.

Do you know much about him? Would love feedback from people who know the player better.

He is going to break our record transfer fee and Sporting desperately need a striker who can score goals.
Looked okay in the Championship playoff match his team lost. Seemed to want the ball to feet and link up well. Match was really low quality. There's probably a Coventry City forum online, I find those are the best places to read about a player if you can find one.

SportingCP96

Supports
Looked okay in the Championship playoff match his team lost. Seemed to want the ball to feet and link up well. Match was really low quality. There's probably a Coventry City forum online, I find those are the best places to read about a player if you can find one.
Ya I found their forum and they rave about him, going so far as to call him a club legend. Granted it’s a really small club so that is not saying much since the standards are not exactly high over their.

That’s why I was trying to find a more neutral fans opinion on him haha

Bojan Djordjic

Beltran looks like a really good forward. Seems to make nice runs but also has subtlety in his touches. Not sure about the second guy. Seems a bit manic for a number eight.. Definitely think we should be exploiting access to South American players to a greater degree. Unless you're buying the Neymar tier players, you're not going to spend a whole lot and the upside is huge. Even Pellistri who is far from a success playing-wise, should not lose us any money when we sell him and will be a good player for some team.

Grande

If anyone here know who a gem is, he is not hidden, if they are on Redcafe they are not under the radar.

What do you think will surprise you the most theupcoming year?

Lux Thunder

Ernest Nuamah (19), versatile left footed attacker from Nordsjaelland. The latest exciting talent that came to Denmark through their connections with Right to Dream Academy, just like Kamaldeen Sulemana, Mohammed Kudus, Mohamed Diomande etc.

Already bossing Danish league at such a young age and last season, although it's not such strong competition, he was among leaders in every important attacking metric compared to other U21 players: goal involvements, every xG related stat, dribbling stats, take ons etc.

Not mentioning him in the sense that we should go for him, but I wonder if we can make something from it given the fact that the founder of academy and chairman of Nordsjaelland is our former scout Tom Vernon. Some sort of partnership that gives us the first option to buy players. :confused:

EDIT: One of the concerns in such a deal would definitely be gaining a work permit but it could be doable.