Your Manchester United Football Club

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
What would your United be like?

In a perfect world, I would:

- Commit to playing football according to the traditions of the club

- Freeze ticket prices, until they the cheapest tickets in the Premiership have caught up with us, then work out the average price for the ten cheapest club in the Premiership and base it on that - and moving forward, regulate the prices according to the national inflation.

- Hand out 2,000 free tickets for every home game to School children in Manchester aged between 7 and 15.

- Make a commitment to keep a British (incl Irish) core in the squad, i.e. 50% of squad.

- Make a commitment to develop youth players. For every three players signed, one youth players should be moved up to the first team squad.

- Run the club on good, sensible commercial principles, but make it a non-profit organisation.

- x% of profits above a certain level to go to local football developments.

Transfer Muppet

We would soon be in division one. It's annoying as feck when people give their wholesome, happy as the day is long version of the clube because it simply would not work.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Matrix said:
We would soon be in division one. It's annoying as feck when people give their wholesome, happy as the day is long version of the clube because it simply would not work.
Why would any of that make us relegated? :confused:

Transfer Muppet

Imposing that 50% of the squad must be English when that amount of talent may not ba available would leave us right in the shit. Losing out on a lot of money because of fan friendle policies would mean even less money to try and keep up with Chelsea. Forcing the issue of 1 youth to 3 signed would feck us over if there were no players talented enough in the reserves. The profits above a certain level would mean we would have less funds again. It might not get relegated but we sure as shit wouldn't be winning things.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Matrix said:
Imposing that 50% of the squad must be English when that amount of talent may not ba available would leave us right in the shit. Losing out on a lot of money because of fan friendle policies would mean even less money to try and keep up with Chelsea. Forcing the issue of 1 youth to 3 signed would feck us over if there were no players talented enough in the reserves. The profits above a certain level would mean we would have less funds again. It might not get relegated but we sure as shit wouldn't be winning things.
All that is keeping in with the traditions of the club;

- We have been one of the cheapest top flight clubs to watch
- United have a long tradition of developing our players
- And keeping a British core would IMO benefit the team
- Help developing local football in and around Manchester is an investment that should benefit the club in the long run

Winning is nice, but not at all costs. I don't support and love United because of trophies won, but because of the traditions and the aura of the club.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
CnutOfAllCnuts said:
- Make a commitment to develop youth players. For every three players signed, one youth players should be moved up to the first team squad.
Some good ideas there. I'm a bit sceptical to this however. I'm all for delevopment of youth players but not that way.

Promoting youth players just for the sake of it isn't my cup of tea...

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

- Freeze ticket prices, until they the cheapest tickets in the Premiership have caught up with us, then work out the average price for the ten cheapest club in the Premiership and base it on that - and moving forward, regulate the prices according to the national inflation.

- Hand out 2,000 free tickets for every home game to School children in Manchester aged between 7 and 15.

- Make a commitment to keep a British (incl Irish) core in the squad, i.e. 50% of squad.

- Run the club on good, sensible commercial principles, but make it a non-profit organisation.

Nice... Everyone of those points is protecting the future of the club and following the ethos of Man United.

I would also like to add to that 25% of all shares must belong to the supporters through a supporters trust. No matter how much money you have in the club you get one vote

Sponsors must have good ethical backgrounds, and be clear that exploitation of children will not be tolerated.

Any scousers seen inside OT should be stuck in stocks on SMBW and every United fan be given tomatoes to throw at them. If the board see fit they may actually authorise those tomatoes to be taken out the tin first, but only in exceptional circumstances.

:D

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
fredthered said:
Nice... Everyone of those points is protecting the future of the club and following the ethos of Man United.

I would also like to add to that 25% of all shares must belong to the supporters through a supporters trust. No matter how much money you have in the club you get one vote

Sponsors must have good ethical backgrounds, and be clear that exploitation of children will not be tolerated.

Any scousers seen inside OT should be stuck in stocks on SMBW and every United fan be given tomatoes to throw at them. If the board see fit they may actually authorise those tomatoes to be taken out the tin first, but only in exceptional circumstances.

I agree on the 25% supporters trust share. Disagree on the one vote thing - but no one should have a controlling share holding.

"Sponsors must have good ethical background" means feck all.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
CnutOfAllCnuts said:
I agree on the 25% supporters trust share. Disagree on the one vote thing - but no one should have a controlling share holding.

"Sponsors must have good ethical background" means feck all.
re the sponsors.

Lets look at it another way. The company who owned the Bhopal chemical factory ( cant remember their name). WIth their reputation, and history they should not be allowed to sponsor United. Nor should say a company from a country where human rights issues are prevalent.

Eg China - With their human rights contraventions, then United should not use any company from China whilst that goverment is so blatantly abusing its citizens and denying them their human rights.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
fredthered said:
re the sponsors.

Lets look at it another way. The company who owned the Bhopal chemical factory ( cant remember their name). WIth their reputation, and history they should not be allowed to sponsor United. Nor should say a company from a country where human rights issues are prevalent.

Eg China - With their human rights contraventions, then United should not use any company from China whilst that goverment is so blatantly abusing its citizens and denying them their human rights.
Sponsors would be hard to come by then, seeing as countries like the US and the UK are heavily criticised by among others, Amnesty International, for their breach of human rights...

Volvo it is then...No, hang on they are owned by Ford now, which is Amrican, and America are responsible for a few wars, which have not been ethical correct...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
fredthered said:
re the sponsors.

It's not really the companies fault if their country does not respect human rights, does it?

Remy

Chutney Ferret/Ronaldo's number 1 fan
Matrix said:
The core of the mid nineties team was English or had you forgot that, and they didn't cost a bean

topper

Clown
Matrix said:

and lots of characters advocating/supporting the above youth policy scream blue murder when O'Shea, Fletcher et al of our current first team squad are in the team:D

Magnus

Another mad swede
* 50% of OT to Mancs only
* 30% to britains outside Manchester
* 13% to OOT:ers
* the rest to away-fans
* Only players who love Manchester United in the squad
* Half of OT seated and half standing
* The fans to overtake Glazer and owning the club
* No ticket to cost more than 20 pounds
* Manchester United to play entertaining footie and still winning trophies
* Police to shut their eyes when the scousers get what they deserve
* Atmosphere to be like Everton 83 (FA-Cup) or Barca 84 in every home-game
* Magnus to succeed SAF

Doubt it´ll ever happen but one can dream right?

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Magnus said:
* Atmosphere to be like Everton 83 (FA-Cup)
Superb game that one. Stapleton got the winner.

And I agree. Magnus for Manager... Just dont ever tell us to go watch Chelsea instead

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

Surprised Fred hasn't picked up on this, but is this not what we are??

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

Disagree - I see no reason why our ticket prices should be amongst the lowest in the league...let's get some reality into the mix

topper

Clown
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

er why stop there

lets go back to the days afore the car (afore my time I might add )
and play footy with a leather ball on crap pitches :D

Cal?

CR7 fan
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

Lots of ideas that would screw up United. :rolleyes:

If I was rich enough to buy out Glazer. I'd try to:

1. Explore every possible way to get out of that collective TV deal, we MUST stop subsidising all our competitors to compete with Chelsea & other European giants.

2. Open feeder clubs in various parts of the World to compete in their leagues to make more profit & at the same time find the best overseas players.

Wolfboy

No relation to Wolf Man
CnutOfAllCnuts said:

I'd go along with most of that, the 2000 free tickets especially - they could come out of the tour company allocation that fills the south west section of the stadium. The perfect area to sit a load of kids, they can get close to the players when they run out and it would really mean something to them (rather than a load of holiday makers that are on a day trip).

The bit I'm not sure about is the part about 50% UK + NI squad. I just don't think it's as relevent in this day and age. It's about the spirit of the club and handling the kids from anywhere early so they love and can play in the attacking manner which all United teams should play in.

The Kippax Kid

redfan said:
There are more United fans in Salford than there are city fans in Manchester.
it did say mancs not salfordians.

manchester and salford are 2 entirely different cities;)

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
arnie sidebottom said:
I'd like to maintain our tradition of winning significant trophies without resorting to penalty shoot-outs.
Yes thats true but theres a small blip with that.

WE NEVER WIN FRIGGING PENALTY SHOOTOUTS..