Your memories of Barcelona 99'...

comlag

I went to the final at Wembley as a 15-year old in 1968

In 1999, I was much older, less wise and married with kids. My wife hates football and understands nothing about a supporter’s mentality. In April 1999, she’d cashed in some building society windfall shares, and provisionally booked a holiday in Rhodes. Imagine my horror when she told me the dates – we would have been flying out there from Birmingham at the time the CL final kicked off on May 26th. In desperation, I phoned the travel agent to try and get them to tell my missus that the flights had been taken and we would have to book another holiday (on the promise that we’d have an even more expensive one). Which they did, and left my wife in tears.

Anyway, we rebooked for Corfu, flying out two days earlier and checked into a large family hotel where 80% of the guests were German. I eventually watched the match in the Bulldog Bar in Roda. The British proprietor had turned the awful Greek commentary off on the TVs and fed in Radio 5 coverage. Brilliant night and I got absolutely mullahed with some other Reds on Amstel lager. My wife had stayed behind at the hotel lounge and relayed back to me how absolutely gutted all the German/Bayern supporters were after those last three minutes.

That was one great holiday. Apart from the fact that I trod on a sea urchin.
:lol: You bastard!

But I'd do the same in an instant.

I was 16, in the middle of my GCSE's which I almost flunked (guess why?).

I sat watching it at home. I think my mum was watching with me as all my friends are supporters of other teams...wankers. I knew we were going to lose. Thats all I can say. I felt it from the moment I knew Scholes and Keane were suspended. When Basler scored I didn't even react I just slumped back in my chair from my edge of seat position and there I stayed in something of a trance until that Sheringham header towards the end...I leapt up thinking it was in, realised it had gone wide and began weeping. Proper *gasp* brrllrll *gas* huhuhuh *gasp* style weeping, watching through a combination of tears and fingers.

As the goal went in I thought it was offside and stopped breathing for about 10 seconds...made quadruple sure it was counted and then just screeched and went absolutely ape shit. I think me mam nearly chucked me out.

The rest is history. I knew we would score from that corner. We always score! :devil:

Please...God/s...anything to have that feeling again. Please.

Decotron

Homestead Bar in Cabra, Dublin. I was 19 watched with it my mates. Had to deal with 4 wanker pool fans in Munich jerseys. 10 mins left I was gutted couldnt handle that we may lose. Went for a piss and decided to have a little pray (never did that before) Came back in and had a totally different mindset, started remembering all the come backs and felt more positive. When the goals went in those munich pool fans took the brunt of it, wankers. Remember running around an old stlye bar seat and kissing the big screen. Then we hit the shots. Didnt make it in the next day, quality night. CMON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Ah I was but a wee boy, who was just 11 years old.

I didn't think about the enormity of the event, though I remember crying when we were knocked out the previous year against Monaco.

I was just lying down on my seatee in the living room on my own, when Sheringham scored I was stunned.

When Solskjaer scored I died.

When the final whistle went I ran out of the house, and ran down the street :D

Fergies Formula

I was 12, and i loved united avidly i remember being on teletext before that season started checkin every day for our signings, and i loved it when we signed yorke, i thought he was good, and stam to me looked like a Norwegian warrior so again i was pleased, Didnt know much about Blomquist though, but i warmed to him throughout the season with his bizzare goal celebrations!

Anyway i had a really tight group of friends and 4 of which were fellow united supporters, so being the amazing mum she is she invited them to come round for some food and to watch the game, not realizing probably what a bunch of loud noisy youngsters we were gonna be!

I remember their goal going in and being totally speachless, as the second half wore on and they kept creating chances i began to lose hope but we all sat on our knees in front of the tele tearful but hopeful. Then when i saw solskjaer coming on i knew it was our last chance, and i remember thinking it was possible as they kept narrowly missing.

We got a corner in the 90th minute and the rest is history, after the first goal went in we all jumped for joy and embraced each other, i think i was crying, we were all still hugging and holding each other tightly with hope then we got the next corner we were willing us on.

I just remember the ball falling to solskjaer and him hitting it in and it didnt seem real,those famous words "and solskjaer has won it" still give me goosebumps today, we all looked at each other for a second and started to go wild, i dont even remember a few seconds after it we had all dispersed somewhere outside my house in different places down my road and were screaming uncontrollably in our own little worlds, it was the most exhilarating night of my life that buzz was unforgettable and for us to feeel that again tommorrow for me will be an even greater buzz because i have 9 more years of time where i have grown to love united even more.