Your personal "The Treble"

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
How many members of the caf have seen their own "The Treble"?
By that I dont mean on the TV, or even 1999.
I mean which members have been at Wembley to see our lads pick up the FA Cup, at OT to see them handed the PL Trophy and Wembley 68/Barca 99 ?>

I only started supporting the Reds as a 7 year old in 69 so was too young for Wembley 68, and could not get to Barcalona. So I dont have The Treble. I have got my Double though.

I envy anyone who was in the Nou camp. :(

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
NWR said:
How many members of the caf have seen their own "The Treble"?
By that I dont mean on the TV, or even 1999.
I mean which members have been at Wembley to see our lads pick up the FA Cup, at OT to see them handed the PL Trophy and Wembley 68/Barca 99 ?>

I only started supporting the Reds as a 7 year old in 69 so was too young for Wembley 68, and could not get to Barcalona. So I dont have The Treble. I have got my Double though.

I envy anyone who was in the Nou camp. :(
Like oyu, I've only have the double

26 may 1999

Striker
If I'm honest then I only have one of the three...

The European cup final of 99.

I was there against Blackburn in the league but we'd won the title unexpectedly the day before.

Does that count for two?

BahamaRed

Legend
Was at Webbley in 68, Nou Camp in 99, FA Cups v Millwall, Newcastle, Leicester and Liverpool and many PL wins. Also at Radcliffe Borough to see FCUM beat Castleton Gabriels. And I live 5000 miles away. Love both my Uniteds!

NWR

26 may 1999 said:
If I'm honest then I only have one of the three...

The European cup final of 99.

I was there against Blackburn in the league but we'd won the title unexpectedly the day before.

Does that count for two?
They were handed the Trophy were they not? Yes if so

NWR

BahamaRed said:
Was at Webbley in 68, Nou Camp in 99, FA Cups v Millwall, Newcastle, Leicester and Liverpool and many PL wins. Also at Radcliffe Borough to see FCUM beat Castleton Gabriels. And I live 5000 miles away. Love both my Uniteds!
Hats off to you mate.

26 may 1999

Striker
BahamaRed said:
:D

You missed United United day Bahama and you haven't witnessed the MRE or the Main stand at the Stad del Gigg mate.

Think of the stories we're gonna tell over the next ten years.

FA vase next year.

FA cup the next.

Crikey.

BahamaRed

Legend
26 may 1999 said:
:D

You missed United United day Bahama and you haven't witnessed the MRE or the Main stand at the Stad del Gigg mate.

Think of the stories we're gonna tell over the next ten years.

FA vase next year.

FA cup the next.

Crikey.
Saw it online mate......would have loved to have been there. FCUM's really where it's at and was upset not to be able to stay behind to see the rest of you but was whacked out after driving all day and had to drive to M'Bro after the game. Met up with Mick though and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'll be back

26 may 1999

Striker
We'll meet sometime mate...

How can you resist our first FA cup game against Nottingham Forrest or someone?

Anyway.

PM me anytime and I'll keep you informed.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Fa Cup finals

League cup finals

Premiership Trophies picked up

European Cup winners cup

Numerous Charity shields

No European cup though. THe bastards held the final the day before my wedding anniversary and 5 days before I flew out to Florida.

Now I wait with baited breath to see what finals I get to see with FCUM.

Big Andy

Bloke
Only the double, and not a day goes by that I don't regret not going in 99...

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Big Andy said:
Only the double, and not a day goes by that I don't regret not going in 99...

I still had a great day, and in the end sacked the wedding anniversary and drove up to Manchester ( still pissed as a fart from the night before) to welcome the team back.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Plechazunga said:
Double

I saw the 99 final on telly though, does that count?
Thats all I got mate..

But what a night...

The most serene and joyful experience i have ever known. I still remember clearly this one bloke sobbing his heart out, and he was that gutted because he thought we had lost, he coudnt watch the final whistle blow, so he went to the bog and was obviously having a crap, when suddenly the pub erupted and he came legging it out the bogs with his trousers still round his ankles. After celebrating he then expected extra time so went back to the bog to finish off, and suddenly the place took off again and there came the same bloke coming out the bogs with his trousers round his ankles again. THe poor fecker missed both goals....

:lol:

GroundSide

Manchester..It' s gotta be a loose fit... Don't ne
FA Cup's 90,94,(95),99

League Cup 92,94 (91,03)

All the championships bar Boro away in 96 but again I was another who missed out on Barca 99.

The best of the lot for me was the first Championship in 93 against Blackburn at Old Trafford, I will never forget the atmosphere that night.

fadas

If he had been near me, he would have been celebrating alone. Yuk.

fredthered said:
The most serene and joyful experience i have ever known. I still remember clearly this one bloke sobbing his heart out, and he was that gutted because he thought we had lost, he coudnt watch the final whistle blow, so he went to the bog and was obviously having a crap, when suddenly the pub erupted and he came legging it out the bogs with his trousers still round his ankles. After celebrating he then expected extra time so went back to the bog to finish off, and suddenly the place took off again and there came the same bloke coming out the bogs with his trousers round his ankles again. THe poor fecker missed both goals....

Nearco

youth team player
I was at the cup final in `83 but not at the replay :(

I was at the Blackburn game in `93 and saw us receive our first Premiership trophy.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Nearco said:
I was at the cup final in `83 but not at the replay :(

I was at the Blackburn game in `93 and saw us receive our first Premiership trophy.
Yup was at Blackburn game too.

Pallister scoring that free kick just made the night complete. THe only outfield player not to have scored all season and he goes and does that in the dying seconds. I often wonder if Blackburn let him score just to finish the night off for us.

GroundSide

Manchester..It' s gotta be a loose fit... Don't ne
fredthered said:
Yup was at Blackburn game too.

Pallister scoring that free kick just made the night complete. THe only outfield player not to have scored all season and he goes and does that in the dying seconds. I often wonder if Blackburn let him score just to finish the night off for us.
He wasn't. It was Robson at Wimbledon last game of the season.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Nearly.... I was at OT to see Cole and Beckham score the goals against Spurs to win the Prem, but I missed the FA Final cos I was at Speak airport waiting to head out to Barca. I took my family out for the whole week, and hooked up with mi mates for a monster 24 hours I will never forget.

I met em in the Hard Rock Cafe. When I got there, the queue was scary. I waved my mobile phone at the door men, pointed inside, and they waved me in. Which was nice!!!

I finally left Le Rambles at about 530am (about an hour after they'd turned the lights off - which everyone just ignored :smirk: )

I also went to the draws at Milan and Barca that year too (1-1 & 3-3). Two great trips.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
GroundSide said:
FA Cup's 90,94,(95),99

League Cup 92,94 (91,03)

All the championships bar Boro away in 96 but again I was another who missed out on Barca 99.

The best of the lot for me was the first Championship in 93 against Blackburn at Old Trafford, I will never forget the atmosphere that night.
Impressive.

I didnt go to the Blackburn game. Our club played a friendly 1st v 2nds before hand then celebrated in a packed club house til late. Fabulous day. I wish Giggs could score free kicks like that on a regular basis!!

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
MancFanFromManc said:

Luckily I did it the other way round. My Dad took me to the replay. Fabulous trip that!

"Stevey Foster, Stevey Foster, what a difference you have made!"

:devil:

I also did '85, '95 and '96 :D
:lol: :lol:

Yep what a shitter eh.

Steve Foster... The worst perm and headband ever seen.

I still remember the press saying Brighton had a good chance once their star player came back into the team. We then took them apart, and they were a better team without him.

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
No doubles or trebles for me. :(
I left England in 91 after decades of abject failure in the league. Saw us win a few FA Cups though
83 brighton
85 everton
90 palace

Wanted to get back in May 99 but had spent up on a trip back to England for the fecking millennium so couldn't afford it. Next time. :devil: