Your Top 5 United #7s

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Best player is different from greatest. Greatest would mean the player who has the overall absolute best legacy strictly as a Manchester United player. For example, Xavi and Iniesta are greater Barcelona players than Maradona and Ronaldo but not "better" players.
Whatever, seems just a tad pedantic to me though.
George Best or Bobby Charlton for me, can’t decide between them.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
1. Best - obviously well before my time, but our best ever player has to be number 1.

2. Beckham - like with the James Bond actors, Beck's is my number 7 :D

3. Cantona - the man that got me hooked.

4. Robson - he had the shirt when I became old enough to follow the sport, and everything I've learned about him for us since then puts him high on our all-time greatest players list.

5. Ronaldo - probably the best non-ginger player I've personally seen turn-out for us; shame he fecked-off so soon.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not sure if I'd count Best because shirt numbers back in his time were relative to the position so it basically just said that he played on the right sometimes.

1. Cantona
2. Beckham
3. Ronaldo
4. Robson
5. Valencia

If you do count him he'd be nr. 1 and bump the others down the list.

Tingen

For me the only “true” number 7’s are Cantona (by a mile) and Beckham.

Ronaldo was really great, but I do not connect him as much with the number 7 as the two others for some reason.

And Best does not really count IMO since shirt numbers were another thing back then.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Robson and Best I've only seen videos of. Got a bit of Robson but he was at the end of his time with United. So for me it would have to be:

Ronaldo
Cantona
Beckham
Valencia (one season and gave it back)

And the rest don't really count. Hard to put Owen, Di Maria, Depay and Sanchez on. However I have faith in Sanchez that he will do the number proud...

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Owen
Sharpe
Memphis
Di maria

No one deserves the 5th spot.

OK777

1. Beckham
2. Ronaldo
3. Cantona
4. Best
5. Robson

Honest John

George Best
Eric Cantona
Christiano Ronaldo
Brian Robson
David Beckham

I saw Bestie play a few times. The cameras were often not there so, even though the regular footage they show in homage to him is very good, much of his brilliance was never captured. One memory abides and that is as a 12 year old lad watching United do Southampton 5-2 at the old Dell back in 1971. Best scored a hat-trick. But just about everything he did that day was genius. Saints simply could not handle him. He was even given a standing ovation by the home crowd.
I actually met him after, compliments of a friend of my mum who worked in the Southampton dressing rooms. I still have my little book with his autograph along with all the United legends who played that day including Matt Busby.

Cherished.

cantonaldo

For me, in terms of impact the top has to be Cantona for it is he who made the number 7 famous. A scorer of both outrageous and important goals, he, together with Ferguson, transformed the club into what it is now.

In terms of genius, Best takes it.

In terms of goal scoring prowess and skills, Ronaldo it is.

Beckham was great but he had great players to help him shine (the likes of Giggs, Scholes, RvN, etc)