Your Top 5 United Players Of All Time

Spoony

The People's President
Just your favourite players, can be for any reason. I'm just interested why he likes Fortune so much.
I see, I thought it was the top 5 best players you've seen. . . in that case. Players I really loved watching at United:

Robson.
Cantona
Kanchelskis
Ruud
Moran.

Spoony

The People's President
Damn I forgot about him :(. We've truly been lucky
Indeed. I'm not bothered how he left and what not, but when he played for United he was mint to watch. For me, Cantona and Kanchelskis were the players I loved watching the most in the early to mid 90s.

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
1. Cantona - All the Ohh's and Ahh's of Cantona captured me as a 8-9 year old

2. Scholes - Back in early 2000 he really made a huge impression on me and became my absolute favourite player and still is today. Close second to cantona, but the mysterious Cantona edge it.

3. Evra - Love him to bits. He's got a great attitude on and of the pitch. His short size makes him even more awesome since he's an absolute beast on the pitch.

4. Beckham - Say what you want about his choice of lifetyle, but he was an absolute amazing footballer. Loved the partnership he had with Neville. The crosses and passes were out of this world...

5. Keano/Giggs - As a young boy Giggs was the one who stood out for me. But as you get older you appriciate players like Keano more and more. So it's a tie...

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
I've seen Best, Law and Charlton. If I was to make a list without them on it, it'd be:

Robson
Keane
Ronaldo
Giggs
Schmeichel

I'd love to include Jimmy Greenhoff and Martin Buchan, but not sure they should make a list of best players.
Hang on, I meant to include Cantona!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Refuse to put in players from before I was born.

Cantona
Keane
Giggs
Ronaldo
Scholes

Very hard to leave out Robson, Beckham, Schmeicel, Solskjaer and Irwin.

Ruud and Kanchelskis were also close

In no particular order

Kanchelskis
He was my first real favourite player, It was probably a direct result of his hattrick against City that I developed such a love of Kanchelskis. I always used to pretend to be Kanchelskis when we played football in the playground (I'm sure you all had one you used to pretend to be, mine was Kanchelskis). He even got me into trouble at school, Iremember being 10/11 playing for the school football team and scoring a hattrick in a 3-0 win, and did an imitation of his celebration after every single goal. For some reason they didn't like it at the Catholic school I went to.

Scholes
I think he's amazing, an incredible footballer, his range of passing his immense, and the goals he was able to score. I think he may be the finest player I have ever seen play football, he's definitely not got the praise he deserves, and for me, it's a direct result of his attitude, he just plays and goes home, doesn't crave the limelight and the praise and the attention, it's sad that players like Lampard and Gerrard are more highly thought of than Scholes, as they truly aren't a patch on Scholes at his peak.

Giggs
What can you say, noone has played more for United, and I am fortunate to have grown up pretty much with Giggs' career, and he was a brilliant winger and the way he has developed with age and become an fantastic player in a completely different role is testament to his ability. And the fact that this season he has been rolling back the years on the LW, showing the likes of Nani how it should be done. I think with Giggs and Scholes, we won't really understand and know what we had until it's gone.

Those three are for starters, may come back and edit in another two, but can't really think of them, there are plenty of others I loved as players, the likes of van Nistelrooy, Keane and Cantona or the players I like for a different reason, for example, Evra is an amazing player, but I love his interviews, he's a real character. But really not sure about the other two picks, it's too difficult, but Scholes, Kanchelskis and Giggs are definites

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Is this who you think are the best 5 ever or just based on your favorites ever or just that you have seen.

Best 5 ever should have Duncan Edwards on every ones list.
I based my list on players i've seen. I never had the pleasure of seeing Duncan Edwards, seen a few youtube clips which i think if i put him in the list based on those clips it'd be wrong.

You're very fortunate to have witnessed Edwards.

MG

I'm not going to include players from before I was born like Edwards, Charlton, Best and Law, or players I was too young to appreciate like Robson. I wasn't even 7 when Cantona left the club so although I do remember him and he's one of my favourite players, I feel I can't quite judge him on the same level as some of the others.

Best players I've seen:
1. Giggs - one of the last orthodox wingers in the game, I love really quick players that can dribble and go past players, and run at defenders with their mazy runs. Giggs had all of this.
2. Scholes - the long-range passing has always been a sight to behold, and the spectacular goals over the years have been amazing. Goals scored from outside the box usually rank amongst my favourite.
3. Keane - the type of box-to-box midfielder that I love to watch and respect as great footballers (which makes me think I'd have loved to watch Robson if I'd been old enough to appreciate him). Keane could get a proper hold on a game and influence it totally from the midfield.
4. Schmeichel - without question THE best goalkeeper I've ever seen, probably the best goalkeeper of all time. So glad to have had him here.
5. Ronaldo - could influence a game probably like no other, helped the team so well towards many trophies and the BPITW in the time he was here.

My favourite players:
1. Giggs - some of you may be surprised to read this!, but he is, and always has been, because no other player has served United as well and done as much for the club.
2. Scholes - just respect him so much, his passing and shooting have been unrivalled really, great attitude as well.
3. Cantona - when I was first starting to watch United when I was very young, everyone was talking about Cantona. He was The King, the one to watch.
4. Solskjaer - had a great attitude, he's our super-sub and a brilliant finisher
5. Schmeichel - always felt safe with him in goal, feel really proud to have had probably the best goalkeeper ever (or at least close) at United.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
In no particular order:

Giggs
Ronaldo
Keane
Beckham
van Nistelrooy

Can't say anything about the likes of Best or Robson, because due to my age I haven't seen them play. Giggs is the only player on my list still playing for United, so it will be a very sad day when he finally leaves.

fatboy

Cantona - For bringing that winning mentality and work ethic to a young team looking for inspiration.

Giggs - For giving a glimpse of what would have been if Best had not wasted away his prodigious (and arguably greater) talent.

Keane - Did the sort of dirty work that enabled Giggs, Beckham, Scholes to showcase their attacking talents; and provided the sort of ruthless but effective leadership never before seen in another football team captain.

Schmeichel - The best goalkeeper ever ever.

Solskjaer - My personal favourite player ever ever, for his priceless combination of temperament, humility, talent, loyalty, patience (with life as a sub) etc.

MarylandMUFan

I based my list on players i've seen. I never had the pleasure of seeing Duncan Edwards, seen a few youtube clips which i think if i put him in the list based on those clips it'd be wrong.

You're very fortunate to have witnessed Edwards.
Never seen him play but for clips from TV shows and accounts from people like Sir Bobby Charlton. If they say he is the best ever, then he is the best ever.

It's hard to compare players. My first ever favorite football player was Bryan Robson so he would be near the top of my list.

::sonny::

Kanchelskis? :houllier: (he has had his best season at Everton)

Best/Charlton
Cantona
Giggs
Ronaldo (I hate the cnut, but he has been unbelievable)
Keane

Denis' cuff

v-e-r-y difficult but those I've seen:

Best
Law
Charlton
Robbo
Scholes

if it were a top 10 I'd add:

Buchan
Irwin
Cantona