Your Top 5 United Players Of All Time

zain

Believe
I'm just shocked at the number of times I've seen lists without Ole in them, yet you've got the likes of Ronaldo in them!

Are people really forgetting that this thread is about your favourite player rather than 'the best players according to you'..

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm just shocked at the number of times I've seen lists without Ole in them, yet you've got the likes of Ronaldo in them!

Are people really forgetting that this thread is about your favourite player rather than 'the best players according to you'..
But I loved Ronaldo when he played for us. So I think that counts.

Ole has been on loads of peoples lists. He was just outside my one. But my choices of Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo was a tough one to get into

zain

Believe
But I loved Ronaldo when he played for us. So I think that counts.

Ole has been on loads of peoples lists. He was just outside my one. But my choices of Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo was a tough one to get into

Ronaldo was/is a fantastic a player, and when he was with us, his ability was 2nd to none. But he was also a player who annoyed me a lot with his tantrums, diving antics and often 'all about me' attitude..

Thing is, I'd consider favourite players, players who you can never really ever get annoyed with. I don't think I've ever found myself pissed at Ole for anything and for me he's always been a player who never did, or can do no wrong, in that sense.

Absolute class act on and off the pitch..
From THAT night in Nou Camp, to joining Shareholders United...

absolute gem of a player, and a manager and supporters dream of a player in every way!

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
The best in order (in my time): Best, Ronaldo, Charlton, Cantona, Giggs.

My favourites in order: Charlton, Giggs, Best, Solskjaer, Law. (no. 5 could be Cantona or Stiles even).

Ask me tomorrow and both lists could change slightly.

Cold_Boy

If this is based on ability and all,Ronaldo should probably be in every list.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

The thread title states "Top 5 players of all time". Nothing about favourite players

Who are you? Louis Walsh?

Ixion

Cantona isn't on my list either, nor Giggs, or Schmeichel. If it was going on ability they would be there but I just picked my favourites.

sully07

It's a list based on emotion rather than facts and figures. When I grew up in the 70's I played football everyday believing I was the next Steve Coppell, was he the best winger United ever had, no, he probably wasn't the best winger in the team when Hill was on song. The fact was he was my hero at the time and therefore will make every list of my top (favourite) players.

When I see a list without Robson in it I can only think that the person was too young to see him play or they are borderline retarded. A list based on emotion and nothing else.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Favourites in no particular order:

Cantona
Beckham
Sharpe
Giggs
Rooney

Those would differ completely from who are actually the best players though, clearly. The above have made me fall in love with the club and kept it that way. All entertainers who love(d) and enjoy(ed) their football.

topper

Clown
I have already done 5 best but 5 favs would be in no partic order

Ollie
Nobby Stiles
Whiteside
Big Jim Holton
Willie Morgan

topper

Clown
It's a list based on emotion rather than facts and figures. When I grew up in the 70's I played football everyday believing I was the next Steve Coppell, was he the best winger United ever had, no, he probably wasn't the best winger in the team when Hill was on song. The fact was he was my hero at the time and therefore will make every list of my top (favourite) players.

When I see a list without Robson in it I can only think that the person was too young to see him play or they are borderline retarded. A list based on emotion and nothing else.

best list - yep - he was a truly staggering player - just imagine a midfield with him and Duncan Edwards in it ........droolsssssssssssssssss

sully07

I have already done 5 best but 5 favs would be in no partic order

Ollie
Nobby Stiles
Whiteside
Big Jim Holton
Willie Morgan
Didn't see much of Nobby but heard a story that made him one of my faves. I can't remember who told it but basically a United player said that if he was having a rough day against his opposite number, Nobby would come over and say 'swap positions for 5 minutes'. 5 minutes later they would swap back and his opposite number was much slower and nursing an injury.

Your list is full of heart on their sleeve, United through and through type players. I like it.

Partizan

Cheesy
We survived being bankrupt,we survived German bomb
1, Best, IMO the greatest footballer to ever kick a ball, and not just at United.
2, Charlton, a Rolls Royce of a footballer, and United through and through.
3, Robson, THE complete midfielder, there was never a lost cause with Robson around.
4, Cantona, Mister Mojo Rising. Knew what it meant to play for United.
5, Giggs, the best winger of his generation and, I'm afraid, the last of a dying breed.

ralphie88

Keane - Did the sort of dirty work that enabled Giggs, Beckham, Scholes to showcase their attacking talents; and provided the sort of ruthless but effective leadership never before seen in another football team captain.
Meh. Robbo was by far the more effective captain. Always put the team before his own personal glory/vendettas.

topper

Clown
Meh. Robbo was by far the more effective captain. Always put the team before his own personal glory/vendettas.
yep spot on Ralphie -with Keane his own agenda made him a much poorer player than Robson for United. The Shitty foul was a classic example of Keane forgetting his team responsibility and so getting himself banned. Then compounding the error by glorifying it in his book and getting further bans

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We have been blessed to have so many legends & great characters/entertainers at this club.

Eriku

Ole - A number one reason for a forlorn Noggy to start following United, and the way his love has grown and manifested itself is a mirror image for many of us, even though most of us didn't start off as Pool fans ;)
Cantona - His demeanour alone was legendary, nevermind his influence and love for the club.
Giggs - One of our biggest legends ever and always exciting.
Fletcher - May come off as slightly controversial, but he always had his head down and I always felt for him, with his injury and seeming to be just a fraction off a second from having what he tried come off, and I've enjoyed his rise to prominence and consistency tremendously.
Scholes - A beautiful footballer and a humble and exemplary man. Him and Giggs are prolly the two biggest ones in terms of having grown up in Manchester, having excelled for us throughout all of their career and never given us one ounce of problem. Ole is the adopted child of this family.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo

Wayne Rooney:

I loved Wayne from the moment he burst through with everton and made his name for England..all the way to his debut with fenerbache and the excitement he has provided over the years. One of the reasons why I can be harsh with him is that I expect so much from him.. he's the one current United player I would admit having a slight bias for as he reminds me so much of Cantona.

Good compilation, but apart from few moments of brilliance not all can be attributed to his dribbling skills, its more about strength on the ball and his running ability to blaze past defenders.

He remains my favourite United player after Keane.

INF-AMOS

I’ve judged these players on not only who I have seen but who I feel were or are central figures that the team could not function properly without. I could understand the inclusion of players such as Olly if we were judging on favourites but let’s face it; he was warming the bench most of the time. In my eyes, if any of the following players were not on the team sheet in their time, you would think “Oh no that’s shit”.

1. Ronaldo (Judged purely because he was simlpy the best player on the planet and was on another level)
2. Robson (If Robson didnt play United or England didnt play)
3. Cantona (A genious and the catylist to great things)
4. Keane (We haven’t replaced him)
5. Rooney (This current team needs him more than any other player)

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
I've had a season ticket since 86, this is a nightmare question, probably one I've answered before and probably one I'll answer differently tomorrow.

Top 3 'favourite' players without a doubt

1. Cantona
2. Scholes
3. Rooney

4 and 5 very difficult

maybe Ronaldo and Beckham.

On the bench at 6,7,8,9,10,11

Stam
Robson
Ole
Kanchelskis
Giggs
RVN

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Giggs
Cantona
Ronaldo
Neville
Scholes

Keane just misses out.

Fergies Formula

Where's the Ruud love? :drool:

Possibly my favorite united player of all time.

On a side note, berbatov should watch some videos of ruud and look at the way he has always got goal scoring on his mind firstly, with berbatov its the other way around he thinks of the pass first, needs to be more direct and selfish.