your united wishes 2009/2010

smallred

so, what do you want for the coming season, obviously winning everything goes without saying, but lets be realistic. i have for example the same ambition every year, win the league. anything else is down to luck and is a bonus. so, here are my other wishes for the season, some people will agree with, some others wont!

- that ronaldo stays and is given full backing by the fans, we need him.
- that we sign an attacking midfielder who can score 15 goals in the season.
- that we stop singing the torres song, its embarassing.
- that we stop singing the viva john terry song, also embarassing. we can sing it when we play them.
- that we concentrate more on the united songs and united players songs, instead of singing "we shall not be moved" and are you watching mersyside, unless really needed.
- the the stewards will stop telling us to sit down in the lower strettie.
- that if tevez stays, people will stop being blinded by his antics and realise that this is a team game and not about one man.
- that macheda, petrucci and rafael all become big first team players.
- hargreaves gets fit and stays fit.
- berbatov shuts up the doubters.

and finally for now -

* i never, never give out about any players on uniteds books, but i have to on this respect as i fear he is becming a liability to the team -

- that gary neville starts to retire and plays very few games.

kps88

Winning the league again would be unbelievable. But you would think the odds are against us.

I'd be fine with a trophyless season as long as we play some good football and Liverpool dont win the league.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Winning the league again would be unbelievable. But you would think the odds are against us.

I'd be fine with a trophyless season as long as we play some good football and Liverpool dont win the league.
I'd be fine if we stopped using Liverpool as a yardstick for our success in a season to be honest.

It's kind of small time. I get the whole gloating because we're 18 - 18 in titles now, but people (not you, but others in general) who make statements along the lines of "its alright if we win nothing as long as Liverpool don't win the league" come across as bitter.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

:confused: WTF

Decotron

Its a little early to make my United predictions for next season but go on then.....

Off the top of my head, I want to see a new experienced goalkeeper coming in. Would love to see Petrucci get a run out, get him bedded into the first team squad along with the Da Silvas/Welbeck. I can see Macheda stalling next season, he has a long way to go yet imo.

Wishful thinking but hopefully Berba steps it up next season. To win the league for the 4th year in a row would be a dream, a big happy feck off scouse dream.

The Champions League is still a very distinct possibility but I think any success next season is are very dependent of the fitness of our midfield (Without Hargreaves/Fletcher we lack steel badly).

We are still pretty hot favourites for next season. Funny thing is Liverpool and Chelski are the exact same price. Best bet Ive seen so far for next season is Chelsea to finish in the top 2 at even money!

Barclays Premiership 2009/10

Man Utd 7/5
Chelsea 10/3
Liverpool 10/3
Arsenal 9
Man City 40

Champions League

Barcelona 5
Man Utd 11/2
Chelsea 9
Liverpool 9
Real Madrid 12

Oh and above all continued health and best wishes to Fergie. Cmon Reds

prateik

atleast 1 major trophy ...
first choice - the PL
anything else is a bonus

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The chief's 2009/10 wish list:

1. That Ronaldo stays.

2. That Rooney recaptures his 2005 consistent form with his improved finishing abilities.

3. That Ronaldo returns to his fire of 2007 with his finishing of 2008.

4. That Berbatov becomes the Berbatov of his first season at Spurs, for us.

5. That Anderson finally remembers how to score goals and gains more stamina.

6. That Nani's football brain catches up with his natural skill.

7 .That Wes Brown, Foster, Fabio and Hargreaves are fit and on form all season long.

8. That Welbeck, Macheda, Petrucci and Possebon have incredible break through years.

9. That our free flowing football of 2007 returns.

10. Lastly and most unrealistically, that we shock ourselves and everyone else and win everything in sight. From the academy league and youth FA Cup up to the Champions league.:lol:

Or simply just win the league again.:D

Thus wishes the chief:cool:

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
True:( But we love to beat the odds:D

That if we also twatted them 4-0 home and away in the process:D

gulli_G

Top of my list is, the Glazers go and United loving owner buys us for cash, no leveraged debt bullshit, that or the glazers get done for fraud in the U.S and have to sell.

MUFCgal

1. That we play more of our usual free-flowing attacking football.

2. That we see what Berbatov can really do, more goals please Berba.

3. That Rooney plays more down the middle and is rewarded with more goals and influence on the game.

4. That we get revenge on Liverpool, preferably by doing the double over them.

5. That we see Rooney & Berbatov play as a proper striking force close together and not have both of them opposite ends of the pitch from each other.

6. That Anderson finally gets his first goal for us.

7. That Hargreaves and Brown can come back fitter and stronger than before.

8. For Kiko, Welbeck and more of the young guns to make an even bigger step up to the first team.

9. For Nani to be given a good run and try to show some consistency.

Now for the biggest wish of all...............

10. To win title number 19 and actually overtake Liverpool.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Fabio to play more games and not get injured

Anderson to knock a few in

Someone to score a goal that will get talked about for years, something like the Giggs FA Cup one against Arsenal

Jonny Evans to give Fergie more selection problems by challenging Vidic and Rio more

Hargreaves to stay fit, likewise with Foster

Carrick to become a goalscoring midfielder more often

Rooney to be top scorer

Scholes not to get sent off for handballs

Double over Liverpool

And i'd like to see us have some games where we score a handful of goals, not just 1-0's. If we could beat the 9-0 record would be even better

Nani to feature more

Dowders_Jnr

I hope we return to a more explosive way of playing in the league, even if it's to the detriment of our defence. I'd happily concede 10 more goals next season if it means we score 20 more.

Northstand

To become the first side in history to win four successive titles would be fantastic, - the fact that it would also make it 19-18 would be a little icing on the cake. It will be very hard to achieve though, as Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal could all be stronger than this year, and even City might look pretty impressive by the time the season starts.

DocRockter

That Anderson scores in a big game and does his "helicopter" celebrations.. that's all I ask. oh and win the League again.

Number7

Ret's Slave
A double over Liverpool

Welbeck and Macheda to fully establish themselves, and to take any chances they are given in the team.

Sir Wesley Brown to have an injury free season - if anyone deserves it, it's him...He's missed far too much.

Rafael to mature slightly and transfer some of his enthusiam into defensive positioning, instead of zipping all over the pitch (at times)

Rooney to finally have that season which makes everyone think 'Wow' - and for him to go Injury free. Whenever he picks up form he gets injured.

Berbatov to be played as striker, attacking the box, and to become an integral part in the team.

Rooney to get his 100th goal (3 away), Giggs and Scholes to get their 100th Premiership goals (2 away each), Anderson to get his 100th goal (100 away)

kps88

I wish Scholes would have a fitting farewell (most probably) season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Err, I was saying Berbatov in his second season at Spurs was better than Berbatov in his first season at Spurs.

And the way he played in the second season suits us better.

Zen86

Sticking 5 in at Anfield would be nice to shut the scousers up, after this season.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Apparently if we beat Liverpool home and away and Liverpool win the league then we will be the champions anyway, according to scouse logic.

botond

the league , and the fa cup please , it was a long time ago
+ all the above mentioned players related stuff