Your worst sequence of results watching United live

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've probably been to 60-70 United games now, and in the early days it was easy, turn up, win, absolute shock if you draw.

Yesterday, as I trudged away from a poor performance, I realised the slightly uncomfortable position this season is that I've been to SIX homes, and seen ONE win.
And that was the opening day of the season, 5 1/2 months ago

So let's open this out, how many home games have you been to without seeing a win!

ps (I recognise it might all be my fault, so I won't go to the Watford game to make sure!)

for the record, my "run"

Southampton W 2-0
Man City L 1-2
Stoke D 1-1
Arsenal D 1-1
Liverpool D 1-1
Hull D 0-0

Oyibo

Away End at Liverpool :
1988-89 season : lost 1-0 to a disputed penalty.

Away End at Liverpool :
1990-91 season : lost 4-0 with Quasi Modo getting a hat-trick

Home End (main stand near the Kop) at Liverpool :
1993-94 season : drew 3-3 after being 3-0 up Celebrated our 1st 2 goals mildly

So I can say I never experienced a crazy goal celebration whilst watching United away at Liverpool..

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Have never seen us lose. 12 wins from 15 games. Three 1-1 draws, two of which were this season against Arsenal and then West Ham a week later, so that's my worst run. Two draws.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Been to 3 home games. One goal scored, one win - and even that was the season we were reigning English and European champions.

Last game was a 0-1 loss to Southampton under Van Gaal.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
All the games I went to last season were wins and the only draw I went to was the 0-0 against Chelsea and PSV. Went to Wembley aswell and we won

My good run ended this season when City beat us. Didnt go to Leicester and we pumped them. My bad run this season were the draws after the Leicester game until we finally beat Tottenham.

Rory 7

I had this run in the mid-00s

United 0 - Leverkusen 0
United 0 - Exeter City 0
United 0 - Newcastle 0
United 0 - Bayern 0

Not sure if in right order but that was more or less the run.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Last year i went to 3 home games in a row that finished 0-0. Stayed away then til Van Gaal fecked off
My Mrs went to the following home games last season: Newcastle, City, Chelsea and West Ham. All 0-0 draws

She's been to one game this season : Burnley... I've banned her but that hasn't stopped the 0-0s

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have never seen us lose. 12 wins from 15 games. Three 1-1 draws, two of which were this season against Arsenal and then West Ham a week later, so that's my worst run. Two draws.
I started off like that.
I still remember the real shock of us losing 2-1 to Chelsea with that Drogba offside goal. Just a strange experience

The 4-4 draw with Everton was probably the worst though. Despite seeing some defeats in Moyes horrible season, that 4-4, having been 4-2 up, and Evra hitting the woodwork, was a shocker.

Everyone walked away thinking, it's still in our hands, Wigan away next up, then City. Win one of those 2 and we're golden..but we all know what happened after that.

G-manc

I don't get to many games now due to work commitments but out of the 6 home games i went to last season i didn't see us score....at all : (

Reynoldo

1-1 Draw vs Stoke earlier this season...fecking only time Ive been when we didn't win. I'm not bringing that mate again with me to watch a match, bad luck charm!

devil in me

Not so much the number of games, but under Moyes I went to Everton at home (lost 1 nil), Newcastle at home the next week (lost 1-0) then Swansea in the cup which we lost 2-1 I think. three utterly horrific perfromances!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Away End at Liverpool :
1990-91 season : lost 4-0 with Quasi Modo getting a hat-trick
On a separate note - do only Quasi Modos score hat-tricks for Liverpool against us? I mean Beardsley and Kuyt, what a bunch of lookers

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I've never been to consecutive games, but in the first game I ever saw we lost 2-3 at home to Boro. By far the biggest game I ever went to was United vs Liverpool.. Ofcourse it was the 1-4 :rolleyes:. I've been to about 10 other games, against the likes of Burnley, Villa, Charlton, Sunderland, Portsmouth, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg.. Won them all but don't recall any particularly good performances.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't get to many games now due to work commitments but out of the 6 home games i went to last season i didn't see us score....at all : (
Last season was horrific, it seemed like every game was 0-0 until half time, and although none of the press said anything, as they're usually hot on United's crap records, it surely had to be the last 30-50 year record of most NILs for us at home

Whereas this season is well on course to be our lowest home wins total in living memory!

Theatre0fDreams

5 wins, 1 draw

26th Dec 2014: United 3-1 Newcastle
28th Feb 2015: United 2-0 Sunderland
8th Aug 2015: United 1-0 Spurs
12th Sep 2015: United 3-1 Liverpool (Martial debut :devil:)
9th Jan 2015: United 1-0 Sheffield United
17th Mar 2015: United 1-1 Liverpool

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Probably the most games in a season I've been to was the Moyes season, so you can understand my position on this subject :lol:

I reckon United have a decent win % with me there. I've probably been to 30-40ish games and seen maybe 6/7 losses, most notably the 6-1 vs City.

Oaencha

Between 94-96 my Dad came into some money and took me to as many Utd games as possible; home and away. Started the 96/97 season with a great win against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park (Beckham half-way line). The last three games we watched were Newcastle (A), Southampton (A), Chelsea (H). I was so upset (11 years old) I didn't see Utd live again for three years.

G-manc

Last season was horrific, it seemed like every game was 0-0 until half time, and although none of the press said anything, as they're usually hot on United's crap records, it surely had to be the last 30-50 year record of most NILs for us at home

Whereas this season is well on course to be our lowest home wins total in living memory!
Luckily i was Corp for a couple of them so the free beer and champagne took the edge off it.:D

DM07

Only been to games against Madrid, Barca, and one more team. We won them all :cool:

All were pre season games in the US.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I've only ever walked away from old Trafford once feeling disappointed.
It was the 1-1 with Monaco which put us out on away goals.
That kant Trezeguet smashed a whopper in before I even got comfortable on my seat.

Fitchett

I've managed to erase most of the games from my memory, but it has to be the relegation season, 1973/74.

Unfortunately, the three seasons under Moyes and Van Gaal are still clear in my memory,

Amir

2-2 against Benfica
1-1 against Newcastle
1-2 against Crystal Palace (league cup)
0-1 against Everton
0-1 against Newcastle

First three were still with Fergie, next two with Moyes. Luckily I was also there when we beat Donetsk 1-0 so I put a stop to that.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
1-1 versus WBA in 04/05 and then 0-0 against Lille in the CL the year after.

They've never lost when I've been to Old Trafford, alas I haven't been since the night we clinched SAF's final title against Villa.

The only loss I've ever seen live was the 5-4 game against Chelsea in the League Cup at Stamford Bridge.

I should probably start going again.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Have probably seen us around 70 times. All at Old Trafford, bar the Community Shield win this season. I think there may have only have been four losses in there:

All 2007-08:
0-2 Coventry City in the League Cup
1-2 Manchester City in the Munich tribute match
0-1 Portsmouth in that FA Cup upset

This season:
1-2 Manchester City

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Seen us play about 20 times all at old Trafford except for league cup final at Cardiff v wigan

Zero defeats!

Next game is final game of this season