Your worst United memories...

singapore

April 92- LOSING TO BINDIPPERS HANDING SHEEP THE LEAGUE.

9-11-02-NUFF SAID

SEPTEMBER 89- THE 5-1 GAME

ONLY DRAWING AGAINST THE HAMMERS IN 95 MEANING BLACKBURN WON THE LEAGUE

MOST OF THE 1988-89 SEASON

LEVERKUSEN SEMI FINAL PLUS SEEING THE GOONERS WIN LEAGUE AT OT THE FOLLOWING WEEK

LOSING 2-0 AGAINST ARSENAL AT OLD TRAFFORD IN THE 01/02 SEASON

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
1-0 against Shitty,the one Law scored in.Pitch invasion and everything.And getting relegated

Oh and for thos cnuts who know fk all about United's history(kelvinhole),that goal did not send us down.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Losing to Real Madrid in 99/00, we were the European Champions and they were heading nowhere at that time. :(

Losing (well, drawing) to Leverkusen in 01/02, I really thought we were in for the final at Stade de France when Keano scored early, we also had sooooooooo many chances near the end it reminded me of West Ham in 85. :(

Gazza

I'm in the mood for pedantry ;)

Cal said:
Losing (well, drawing) to Leverkusen in 01/02, I really thought we were in for the final at Stade de France when Keano scored early, we also had sooooooooo many chances near the end it reminded me of West Ham in 85. :(
The final wasn't at Stade de France, twas at Hampden.

singapore said:
LOSING 2-0 AGAINST ARSENAL AT OLD TRAFFORD IN THE 01/02 SEASON
We didn't lose 2-0 at OT to Arsenal that season. 1-0 Wiltord to win them the league.

Oh, and as for memories, last season at Maine Road was horrible to watch. I felt the energy draining from my body, like nothing was going right. We were outplayed. That hurt.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Gazza said:
I'm in the mood for pedantry ;)

The final wasn't at Stade de France, twas at Hampden.
Good point, Stade de France was when Real beat Valencia 3-0 right? :angel:

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Don't even remind me of the Leverkusen match.

I can't watch the replays of the Forlan chance without getting worked up. Just imagine if it had gone in ... His first goal for United is the winning goal in the last minute of the Champions League semi final! Oh well, wasn't to be I guess.

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
Cal said:
:( RIP... but I'm not old enough, even my parents were still in school then...
That makes me REAL old. I was at their last game in England on Sat 1st Feb against Arsenal. Classic game.

Cal?

CR7 fan
ukbob said:
That makes me REAL old. I was at their last game in England on Sat 1st Feb against Arsenal. Classic game.
I have always wondered what it would be like back in those days... ;)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Melvinyeo said:
1-0 against Shitty,the one Law scored in.Pitch invasion and everything.And getting relegated

Oh and for thos cnuts who know fk all about United's history(kelvinhole),that goal did not send us down.
No doubt that was the worst feeling I have had at a match. Losing the FA cup to the Gooners 3-2 after pulling it back from 2-0 down was close though.

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
Not defending the FA Cup in 2000. A kick in the bollocks for a trophy that deserved better.

Sir Matt passing away.

George Best MIA because he was on the p!ss.

The dropping of Football Club from the club badge.

The Dave Sexton era, that's not how we play football..

Julian Denny

Obviously Munich but on the playing side, two heavy defeats one to Arsenal at Highbury in 1959 with Herd getting two of their goals and another to Spurs in 1965. In the latter we were played off the park by a very good Spurs side with the Gilzean/ Greaves partnership at its best. Greaves scored a great goal going past four or five defenders including the redoubtable Nobby Stiles before slotting home. Despite a cracking consolation goal from Charlton we went down 1-5 and I couldn't get out of WHL quick enough. The story has a happy ending for that very same season I was at OT to see us play brilliantly in the pouring rain to beat that same Spurs side 5-1 in an incredibly good game given the conditions with Charlton scoring another cracker and two typical Law efforts among our goals. Ah such sweet revenge !.

mu77

i wasn't around for 58 , but that is the single worst day in club history also the single defining moment in club history (IMO).

but on field - bayer was horrid - never were behind to them! feck i hate that about it! when MUFC was behind to BM in the final I was kinda ok with it but vs bayer i can't go on anymore laterz!

Gazza

It seems strange to pick this one as it came in a season where we won the league by 10 points but one week that left me low was in April 2001. Being surrounded by scousers in a pub when we lost at Anfield 2-0 - apart from Chelsea 0-5 the only time I couldn't stand to see a game through - was a harrowing experience and days later we surrendered meekly to Bayern in the quarters of the CL. Rather put the dampeners on our season.

Gazza

Oh, and we lost 0-1 at home to Arsenal in 97/98 to hand them the title.... on my birthday. Didn't feel like celebrating that day obviously.

Murt

Loosing 1:0 at Upton park and giving the title to Leeds in 91/92. It was official, we were never going to win the league :(

mu77

another bad day murt - that was how i felt too- we're never gonna do it!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Melvinyeo said:

im in the mood to be pedantic too ;)

Melv..the topic says "YOUR worst United memories"

since youre like 14/15 id say theres a fair chance you werent around in that time to experience that day. (me either)

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
golden_blunder said:
im in the mood to be pedantic too ;)

Melv..the topic says "YOUR worst United memories"

since youre like 14/15 id say theres a fair chance you werent around in that time to experience that day. (me either)
I have watched a video and read books and stuff about it so does that count?

;)

kkcbl

Apart from the lousy feeling everytime United loses or draws, relegation to the Old Division 2 back in '74 was the worst! :( ( we're talking about memories here, so I cannot say Munich '58 as I was way too young then! )

MunichRed

1-1 at Upton Park to lose the League to Rovers was gutting. Inevitablly cost us the Double. I could had killed Cole that day.

Leverkusen 1-1 United, hugely disappointing because we should have beat them but we ran out of luck. Plus I had a ticket for the Final and it broke my heart to have to sell it.

Losing to Liverpool to hand leeds the league was obviously enormously disappointing for the CLub.

Milk Cup Final loss to Liverpool, Ronnie Whelan cracker after Norman had scored.

The 80's, realising that we were shite and were not going to win anything despite having some very good players.

KSA - ManUtd

losing 4-0 to Barcelona in 94

drawing with west ham and losing the league to blackburn

and the club world cup or what ever it was called in Brazil

losing against Real Madrid at home in 2000 ( the game keano scored an own goal and Redundo setting up a humiliating goal against us )

Beckham007

Too me it has to be the Dortmund return match @ OT. I honestly thought we would take it out that year, even with 10 minutes to go and all the odds against us. The chances we created and we didnt put away were just amazing.

I was shattered.....

Noy yo Fdart

singapore said:
ONLY DRAWING AGAINST THE HAMMERS IN 95 MEANING BLACKBURN WON THE LEAGUE
As far as I'm concerned, that was the absolute low. Worst.game.ever.

Rory 7

Handing the title to Leeds after a wretched game at Anfield.......

We'd won the cup winners cup the year before.
We were on the up and up, it was our year.
Then we collapsed.......

Ian Rush had never scored against United and then what happens....
Two against us in a two nil defeat to hand Leeds the title.
Scousers singing 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

That day, for me, is the worst day of my young life. Awful, awful feeling.

Still, they say its darkest right before the dawn, and so it proved.

Beedle

The match against L'pool in 98 or something, when we lost or played draw against them and Owen scored. Pallister was about half of the picth away from Owen and ran to take the ball, but Owen catched up with him, took the ball and scored. I have never seen such a slow player as Pallister in that situation. It felt like ages, and Pally didn't make it :(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Galatasaraay game

We were treated like annimals at that time, and the UEFA did nothing to prevent that a similar case happens. The fact that the English are treated as targets whenever they go and watch their team play in Turkey is the result of that sad moment of hooliganism.

In that place football vanish to give way to war, and no football authority gives a damn about that!