Your worst United memories...

ukbob

Caf's Coolest Rag n Bone man
Cal said:
I have always wondered what it would be like back in those days... ;)
I could write a book on that one. No computers, no "live" games even on the radio, no motorways, an abysmal rail service. When you were a supporter you were a true supporter. Most supporters were "local" and I guess it was the Busby babes that started out of towners suppoting non local clubs.

nickm

Getting beat by City this time last year. The lowest I can remember for a long, long time. It was more than that result by itself, it was the culmination of a rocky year or so of bad form, indifferent teamplay and so on. That it was City who stuck it to us made it even worse.

Of course, after that... ;)

TGA

I'm not a loser
Beckham007 said:
Too me it has to be the Dortmund return match @ OT. I honestly thought we would take it out that year, even with 10 minutes to go and all the odds against us. The chances we created and we didnt put away were just amazing.

I was shattered.....
Surprised that i had to get to almost the bottom of this thread to find the dortmund game(s). I don't think i have been as gutted after a game than this one. remember erics chance near the end where the ball hits the defenders sole of his boot (wasnt it kohler?) on the line....I was absolutely convinced that it was our year for the european cup again.

other crap memories:
-every time we lose
-selling Hughes,Ince and Kanchelskis (but we all know what happened after that)
-leverkusen (and to rub it in the bastards nearly go and get relegated the next season)
- Feb 6th 1958 (was before my time therefore not a memory but sod it I'll put it in anyway)
- CL final '99 with 1 minute to go :smirk:

oh nearly bloody forgot :eek:
- Eric retiring :(