Youri Tielemans

gajender

He is very good on a decent team but I think he would be excellent playing for a top team. Apparently Leicester have tried to extend his contract but it doesn't look like it will happen so I expect him to leave this Summer with one year remaining on his contract. I don't expect Leicester to fire sale him though, they paid 40 for him & would probably sell for 60.
Good luck finding a team willing to pay 60 m for a player in last year of his contract .
You should count your blessings if you are even able to recoup 40 m most probably it would be something like 25- 30 m .

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Good luck finding a team willing to pay 60 m for a player in last year of his contract .
You should count your blessings if you are even able to recoup 40 m most probably it would be something like 25- 30 m .
Depends how many are interested I suppose. It's unlikely but if you had 3 or 4 interested parties in the summer it would drive the profr up somewhat.

Not to 60 million mind. You also have the Newcastle factor...their name is going to be used by every fecker.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
25-30 would be about par I think, Leicester will have to accept because the other option is he just walks for free next year.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I’d hope we could get him to sign with a massive pay rise and a buyout inserted but I can’t see it sadly.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
It looks like there will be lots of interest from big clubs so that should drive the price up.

AussieDevil

I wonder if he would be available in January? Unlikely but 35 million or so to get in before the rest in the summer. Would have 18 months left on contract.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I wonder if he would be available in January? Unlikely but 35 million or so to get in before the rest in the summer. Would have 18 months left on contract.
You’d probably have to pay more then that in January, personally I’d take a straight swap for van der Beek

AussieDevil

You’d probably have to pay more then that in January, personally I’d take a straight swap for van der Beek
I think VDB would be more of a Maddison replacement than for Tielemans. But if the clubs were keen for the VBD for Tielemans trade, that would be a good outcome for all parties.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's still not the type of midfielder we need to complement Fred. Ndidi would actually make more sense in terms of squad engineering.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is tielemans an advanced playmaker or a deep lying playmaker?

Is he better playing as a CM/CAM or is he better playing as a CM/CDM?

Whenever I do watch him , he doesn't really look like that deeper sitting player that can help us pull strings.

However I'm not sure if he could do that as he ages and gets more experienced.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's still not the type of midfielder we need to complement Fred. Ndidi would actually make more sense in terms of squad engineering.
Why? they'd work well together.

Especially if we play a CDM like Kamara behind them.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Why? they'd work well together.

Especially if we play a CDM like Kamara behind them.
You just read my mind: that was actually my point: we needed a more defensive midfielder in order to use both Fred and Tielemans. We would had to eventually sacrifice Bruno Fernandes / Pogba, ubless we played a 4 man narrow midfield

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Disagree completely. We are seriously lacking ball players in our midfield. Our two main midfuelders are purely runners with no control.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Disagree completely. We are seriously lacking ball players in our midfield. Our two main midfuelders are purely runners with no control.
That midfield would when zero passing ability of creativity, basically just what we have now.
Listen, I'm not against Tielemans hiring, I actually rate him highly as a midfielder. But if we don't have a solid energetic defender midfielder to allow players like him to expand, we would have the same problems in the midfield, but a bit more creative though.

Remember the geese

Tielemans on his own doesn't make sense. We need a Fabinho/Rodri type as a priority. Then we can go for a Tielemans type if we want, as an alternative to Fred/Bruno.

Nickosaur

Tielemans would cost... what, £60m at least? I'm a big fan but I fear we'll need to sign a few less established players as we have to reinforce in several positions this summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Romano says we're in for him when Pogba leaves. Perfect replacement for me, the only issue is height (he's 5ft 7) but he makes up for a lot with his ability.
Is that what Romano really said?

I heard his interview - I think he just said that Haidara and Kamara aren't the only ones that we can opt for. Tielemans is a player who will not renew and will attract a lot of interest from clubs.

gajender

Tielemans would cost... what, £60m at least? I'm a big fan but I fear we'll need to sign a few less established players as we have to reinforce in several positions this summer.
Into last year of his Contract in Summer nobody is paying £60m would be something like 25-30 m .

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Have wanted this dude since our EL winning season. He would have been a major asset to us after a loan or maybe two but it was always clear he was going to become a very good ball player. Getting him as his contract runs down is the next best thing.

Red4Life_#7

Tielemans on his own doesn't make sense. We need a Fabinho/Rodri type as a priority. Then we can go for a Tielemans type if we want, as an alternative to Fred/Bruno.
It's crazy, Fabinho was desperate to come to us, how did we allow him to go to Liverpool? What happened?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's crazy, Fabinho was desperate to come to us, how did we allow him to go to Liverpool? What happened?
We dicked around and went for other midfield targets like Paul Pogba and then Nemanja Matic

gajender

Ah good point. Think it may still be more than that but you're right, probably nowhere near 60.
I think we should certainly be in for him I believe he is somebody who has all the attributes to become great play making no 8 in a top team and he won't cost a fortune either .

gajender

We dicked around and went for other midfield targets like Paul Pogba and then Nemanja Matic
Fabinho was playing primarily as RB when we bought Pogba he wasn't even a regular CM so no wonder he wasn't even a target at that time but we certainly prioritised Matic over him .

meamth

Is tielemans an advanced playmaker or a deep lying playmaker?

Is he better playing as a CM/CAM or is he better playing as a CM/CDM?

Whenever I do watch him , he doesn't really look like that deeper sitting player that can help us pull strings.

However I'm not sure if he could do that as he ages and gets more experienced.
He is a modern box to box midfielder, but with more technical skills than Fred.

Dembeza

Fabinho was playing primarily as RB when we bought Pogba he wasn't even a regular CM so no wonder he wasn't even a target at that time but we certainly prioritised Matic over him .
If I remember correctly, he was playing both CDM and RB but we needed him for CDM.

For some reason we seemed like we wanted Dier and when that didn’t materialise we ended with Matic. The caf was not happy about the decision as most wanted us to sign Fabinho.

bosskeano

interesting comments by Rogers today regarding Tielemans and his contract situation....he'd be fantastic for United

“Youri is at an age and at a stage in his contract where he has to ensure he looks at every option.

He continued, “I would love it to be here at Leicester, that is natural, but I understand it’s a very short career.”