Youth Cup 1/4 against Barcelona

Il Tulipo Nero

We may well have a bad result tonight but you'll just go crying to mummy and then pollute this forum with your "analysis".
Anything is better than being an attention seeking little sl*t like you who just writes negative opinons just for the sake of it. At least you've got a case now, certainly regarding the first team. :rolleyes: Oh and regarding the 'mummy' bit, not everyone still lives with their mothers charley, get with the times cnutface.

Fair enough if you're a glass half empty type but you take it to extremes, writing off teenagers who have done so well in getting into a semi final of a tournament with so many well respected youth academies is ridiculous - and playing in such humid conditions must be tough aswell.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
His name's Brandao. Played in the Youth Cup last season. Probably get some reserve football this season.
He didn't play in our youth team last season but featured in our Under 16 Academy team. He played once or twice in the U/18's as cover towards the end of the term

He will probably play regularly in the U/18's this season and also in the FA Youth Cup. I would be surprised if he gets more than a few cameo appearances in the reserves as he will be behind Campbell, Dong, Brandy, Bryan, Fagan and Welbeck.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
None of them look like future players for United, but many of them have enough to have good careers in the game.
I have to disgaree ... but it's a bit early to call either way ... great result though ... a few of those barca kids could get in trouble, although the 15 seconds injury time was a bit cheap

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Evandro Brandao is a brilliant prospect. I hadn't seen him before the Milk Cup, but he blew me away. Pace, power, skill and presence. Great target man. Still not sure about his finishing.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
This Brandy-kid. Is he any good? Have to admit, I haven't seen him play. What's he like? How old is he, who would you compare his style of play too, etc.
he's great on the ball, fast , good dribbler, a bit headless and quite small, he may be lionel messi or franz carr , too early to tell

NobbyStiles_

This Brandy-kid. Is he any good? Have to admit, I haven't seen him play. What's he like? How old is he, who would you compare his style of play too, etc.
Today, he was like a dark Wayne Rooney. Quick, strong, good dribbling. I was very impressed. Better then Guiseppe Rossi in terms of "all around player". However, he does not look like striker. As I said, Rooney-like.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Anything is better than being an attention seeking little sl*t like you who just writes negative opinons just for the sake of it. At least you've got a case now, certainly regarding the first team. :rolleyes: Oh and regarding the 'mummy' bit, not everyone still lives with their mothers charley, get with the times cnutface.

Fair enough if you're a glass half empty type but you take it to extremes, writing off teenagers who have done so well in getting into a semi final of a tournament with so many well respected youth academies is ridiculous - and playing in such humid conditions must be tough aswell.
I've watched far better players than this lot fail to make it at United. It's just a sad fact that you need to be a wonderkid to get into the United first team from our youth setup since Chelsea raised the bar. We're still waiting for players like Evans, Simpson and Gibson to make the breakthrough, and they're the best players from our youth setip in many years.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I've watched far better players than this lot fail to make it at United
Please do name them, because I've never seen far better players than the likes of Welbeck, Cathcart, Eikrem and Brandy in our youth team.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Please do name them, because I've never seen far better players than the likes of Welbeck, Cathcart, Eikrem and Brandy in our youth team.
Wellbeck and Eikrem are not in this squad. Cathcart is a player I like, but I don't see him as better than Jonny Evans, and we're still waiting to see if Evans will really get a chance at United. Similarly Brandy is a player I like, but he's never struck me as a better prospect than Campbell simply because Campbell is that little bit bigger. And again, it's still unclear if Campbell will get a real chance at United.

David Jones looked like the best midfielder we had in years in the youth setup, better than any that played today, and he could not get a chance at United. That just sums up the situation our young players find themselves in.

Hopefully one or two players out of Evans, Simpson, Campbell, Gibson will establish themselves long-term in our first team squad. If they can't make it then I'm not sure any of the younger players have much of a chance unless there is a drastic change in our transfer policy.

Decotron

Brandao (?) played in the Milk Cup team recently. Got good reviews, as did Wellbeck.
Cheers for that. I remember Fergie saying there was one potential superstar/gifted player in our youth cup team last season, my money is on Wellbeck, he just appears to have everything. Hes a monster for his age and still has soooo much scope to develop. Pity the bindippers beat them to the Cup last season. I will always remember Gary Nevilles commentary during the semi against Arsenal, pure gold:)

rotherham_red

Not true Anwar......the team in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup were made up of 15 and 16 year olds....a very young side who did well against players much older.

The CYC squad is for 18-19 year olds! We are missing Galbraith, Cleverley, Fagan and one or two others from our youth squad from last season. Therefore Norwood and Moffatt were drafted in. You could argue that Eikrem and Welbeck should have been in the team but again they are very young. But all our best players are in Malaysia!

Saying that, I agree that we are playing well under difficult conditions and with a small squad.

Anyone know who Anton Bryan came on for?
Danny Drinkwater

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wellbeck and Eikrem are not in this squad. Cathcart is a player I like, but I don't see him as better than Jonny Evans, and we're still waiting to see if Evans will really get a chance at United. Similarly Brandy is a player I like, but he's never struck me as a better prospect than Campbell simply because Campbell is that little bit bigger. And again, it's still unclear if Campbell will get a real chance at United.

David Jones looked like the best midfielder we had in years in the youth setup, better than any that played today, and he could not get a chance at United. That just sums up the situation our young players find themselves in.

Hopefully one or two players out of Evans, Simpson, Campbell, Gibson will establish themselves long-term in our first team squad. If they can't make it then I'm not sure any of the younger players have much of a chance unless there is a drastic change in our transfer policy.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about young players in general, not just the Malaysia squad. Evans and Campbell are not far better players who have failed to make it though, are they? David Jones was ace in the reserves but sadly he lacked the pace required to take his game to the next level. That's the thing when you watch academy/reserve matches. You can't just look at how a player is perfroming, you must also try to envision him at a higher level. Is there any vital part missing that he'll get away with in the reserves but not in the Premiership? So when you say Campbell is a better prospect than Brandy because of his size you've got a fair point. Brandy won't make it as a striker, but he's got a lot more to his game than Campbell and I think he may have a future here as a winger. Evans, Simpson and Campbell are all inn with a shout, but I don't think Gibson will make it. For all his qualities he's not a dominiating midfielder. He will still improve though. I think Eikrem is the best midfield prospect we've had since the class of 92, but he needs to keep putting on weight.

PS18

It's Febien though
no, it's Febian

great result today, relieved to see Brandy's not injured. really good crop we've got coming through at the moment, complete folly to dismiss their chances of making it en masse at this early stage.