Youth players ready to step up

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nor was Rashford when he got his chance. I'd say Laird isn't a million miles away from being ready to be in the first team squad, he's having a very good loan spell, so that should put him ahead of the others.
Think it's better to give the likes of laird and garner another year on loan. Garner definitely looks like he needs it to prove himself

AkaAkuma

I think both Mejbri and Shoretire had a degree of power in negotiations and probably were given assurances and a timeframe on first team involvement. Therefore, Mejbri particularly will see quite a few games. I think the kids in a hurry.

As a barometer look at Cherki at Lyon, who's already making regular appearances.

AkaAkuma

As for Garner, we need a player matching his skill set and the market for those types of players is thin.

Any youth player coming into the squad is going to need a season to ease in. That won't change if Garner goes out on loan for another year. So the question is, are we in a position to have him ready as a squad first team in 1yrs time or waiting another additional season?

Red_toad

I think both Mejbri and Shoretire had a degree of power in negotiations and probably were given assurances and a timeframe on first team involvement. Therefore, Mejbri particularly will see quite a few games. I think the kids in a hurry.

As a barometer look at Cherki at Lyon, who's already making regular appearances.
Cherki is a potentially generational talent, who is playing in a far less competitive league. Any youngster leaving France for England will know they will have a far tougher time making a break through. So not really a barometer to be honest.

AkaAkuma

Cherki is a potentially generational talent, who is playing in a far less competitive league. Any youngster leaving France for England will know they will have a far tougher time making a break through. So not really a barometer to be honest.
I think he'll be a barometer for Mejbri. Some news surrounding Mejbri suggests that he isn't your standard youth prospect.

I don't know the details but there were some contractual issues with Monaco which encouraged him to push for a move, not long after joining them at what probably was 16/17.

Bwuk

Disagree. He has the work rate and desire to get stuck in to be a good CM. He has only recently been moved to LW, am sure the coaches have a good reason for that.
Maybe he does but he won't break through playing thee. The coaches have clearly thought this would be a better pathway for him.

He wouldn't play in the pivot he'd be competing with Bruno for minutes as a CM/CAM