YouTube United channels

Son

Fair enough, but I find a fair number of the more 'serious' podcasts to be quite annoying in their own right. I fecking hate that Tifo football one - so insufferable, and anytime Jonathan Wilson is on Football Weekly (which I otherwise like), I find my eyes glazing over. I get that Goldbridge isn't an attendee at matches, but some of the other guests on United Stand, such as Beth, Adam, and Kevin are. I usually find their input the most interesting.
Tifo are fantastic at short videos I find. Some of the football history stuff straight out of a book but in video format are super good but the podcast is dull I agree.

Statman Dave is probs my fave to listen to on United he gives some great insights generally.

cjg-888

The reactions Mark Goldbridge seems to elicit from many on here (along with twitter and YT comments) is odd and over the top.

He delivers all types of daily news and rumours etc that are reported on United (whether BS or Spin), and gives his opinions and views on all things United and football overall. He is an all round entertainer/character. He is serious, passionate, fun, angry, silly, comedic mixed bag, all in the shape of a united fan channel youtuber, that's become successful, which seems to rile people up. There must be some right grumps out there, if you can't be entertained in some shape or form whilst watching him.

Not his real name? so what. Its clearly a take on partridge, to fit along with the style of humour and delivery. He comes from Nottingham. Again, so what? United have a global fanbase. Not a real United fan? Has pictures of himself from decades ago in United shirts. Are all his past united memories and experiences made up as well? Creates Toxicity in the fanbase? based off of angry heat of the moment clips or having different opinions. He admits when he has been wrong, e.g. player performances etc, his favourites or not. He was Ole in for way longer than most. The one thing he consistently pushes, is that Glazers/Board have to go/change and something should be done collectively with the fanbase to try and make change.

stevoc

He hated Rodgers more. If only he used those same standards with Ole.
To be fair one managed Liverpool and the other played for United for over a decade.

Easy to see why a United fan might be biased.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
To be fair one managed Liverpool and the other played for United for over a decade.

Easy to see why a United fan might be biased.
He could be my twin brother. If he's not good for United I'd say it. That's what integrity and love towards the club is all about

stevoc

He could be my twin brother. If he's not good for United I'd say it. That's what integrity and love towards the club is all about
Fair play, you need to get a United fan Youtube channel going mate.

devilish

Fair play, you need to get a United fan Youtube channel going mate.
I do. It is called the United Stand :p

Seriously mate everyone makes mistakes but there is nothing wrong in calling a spade for what it is.

stevoc

I do. It is called the United Stand :p

Seriously mate everyone makes mistakes but there is nothing wrong in calling a spade for what it is.
No I agree with you mate, but to be honest on the original point I wouldn't want Rodgers either under any circumstances.

bonothom

I don't mind Goldbridge. He's like the Alan Partridge of the United fanbase.

devilish

People have a go at Goldbridge, but half the people on here wouldn't look out of place in his live chat.
I agree and I tend to have my fair share of reactionary posts myself. The difference though is that none of us would try to make money out of our opinion. If commenting about football was indeed my job then I'd bother doing some serious research on the topic I'd be discussing next and I'd certainly wouldn't invent 'insider info' especially the sort that turns out to be wrong every single time. I know because I was once invited to a small local radio show discussing Manchester United and I spent half a day doing research and thinking about the subject. I wasn't even paid for it.

MG is like that proud father who tries to sell his 3 year old son scribbles as if they were the works of a fine painter.

Spoony

The People's President
I agree and I tend to have my fair share of reactionary posts myself. The difference though is that none of us would try to make money out of our opinion. If commenting about football was indeed my job then I'd bother doing some serious research on the topic I'd be discussing next and I'd certainly wouldn't invent 'insider info' especially the sort that turns out to be wrong every single time. I know because I was once invited to a small local radio show discussing Manchester United and I spent half a day doing research and thinking about the subject. I wasn't even paid for it.

MG is like that proud father who tries to sell his 3 year old son scribbles as if they were the works of a fine painter.
Didn't you witness SAF's hairdryer first hand or something? Yorke was naughty I seem to recall.

devilish

Don't you witness SAF's hairdryer first hand or something? Yorke was naughty I seem to recall.
;)

I might have added some drama to things but I never made money out of redcafe or lied about my encounters with United players or staff.

Last edited:

Josh 76

Didn’t know where to put this, but found it an interesting listen. The reaction of Simon Jordan was worth watching.

Kopral Jono

Spot on, this is actually my biggest problem with Goldbridge. I don't watch him enough to get a full scope on the guy, the only time I watched him regularly was at the height of Covid last year when he thoroughly entertained me with his Fifa career mode, but from my limited observation he does have the tendency to invalidate any good points he made with some utter bullshit he got from his so-called sources, like with Sancho's alleged 'done deal' last season and very recently when he supposedly got an info that the club was going to officially announce Rangnick last week.

On the flip side, some of his detractors are sentimental dinosaurs who aren't in touch with reality.

SuperiorXI

He isn't really about in depth tactical know how, he's more of an eccentric character that more often than not goes to extremes for entertainment purposes. He no doubt makes a lot of money through this and for me I don't have a problem, fair play to him. Not everyone has to be talking about formations and tactics to be worth watching.

His 'insider' stuff makes me laugh, I actually think he has no connections and is just making it up for shits and giggles, it's exactly what I'd do as people eat that up and he maximises profits from it. These channels are all at it, they'll put a plainly wrong headline in their title and thumbnail only to immediately refute it.

MattJ166

I think the Paddock lads are a good bunch, the premier league pisstake with Mckola & Joe has me in stitches. Mckola's podcast with Rory isn't half bad either to be honest as they tend to balance each other out.

Howson definitely comes across as a bit of a know it all and doesn't like to be questioned but that is why FIVE is so good as Rio can and often does but him in his place, their interview with Kompany the other day was very good.

I've never watched a full Goldbridge watch along but I do watch some of his clips and he does make me smile sometimes (like the one above) but he is just a character and what he says can't be taken to seriously.

It beats listening to Merson, Souness & a lot of the other 'experts' repeat the same old sh*t over and over again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ive started listening to some YouTube streams before kickoff as a match buildup.

Mark Goldbridge is a moaning gobshite who talks so much rubbish its beyond belief.

He moans about literally everything, so much of it is innacurate and unwarranted.

ForeverRed1

I love goldbridge. He’s gold. funny guy and comes across like a nice chap aswell. There’s a reason United stand is so successful and it’s him.

he can be moany though and abit negative at times. I think it reflects the general mood with this club at the moment..we’re fed up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Surprise surprise this twat is from Goldbridge's channel. Doesn't once condemn any booing toward our own players in pre season.

wolvored

The reactions Mark Goldbridge seems to elicit from many on here (along with twitter and YT comments) is odd and over the top.

He delivers all types of daily news and rumours etc that are reported on United (whether BS or Spin), and gives his opinions and views on all things United and football overall. He is an all round entertainer/character. He is serious, passionate, fun, angry, silly, comedic mixed bag, all in the shape of a united fan channel youtuber, that's become successful, which seems to rile people up. There must be some right grumps out there, if you can't be entertained in some shape or form whilst watching him.

Not his real name? so what. Its clearly a take on partridge, to fit along with the style of humour and delivery. He comes from Nottingham. Again, so what? United have a global fanbase. Not a real United fan? Has pictures of himself from decades ago in United shirts. Are all his past united memories and experiences made up as well? Creates Toxicity in the fanbase? based off of angry heat of the moment clips or having different opinions. He admits when he has been wrong, e.g. player performances etc, his favourites or not. He was Ole in for way longer than most. The one thing he consistently pushes, is that Glazers/Board have to go/change and something should be done collectively with the fanbase to try and make change.
I started watching him about 4 months ago and agree fully with you. Hes doing it for the entertainment and the others, Beth etc do it for the realism. Ive never been able to watch one all the way through, as he does grate on your nerves when he goes on a rant, but 15 minutes at the beginning, so you know all the news on Utd is ok.

UpWithRivers

Surprise surprise this twat is from Goldbridge's channel. Doesn't once condemn any booing toward our own players in pre season.
This is the problem I have with the youtubers. They are becoming 'official' with no real football background or even real representation of the club. They are all in main media now like they know something. In this video if he was introduced as a United fan then fair enough. But he's not. \He's introduced as Adam from the United Stand. That implies credentials that he doesn't have. Or that's how it comes across to me.

AFC NimbleThumb

I swear people watch these things simply looking to upset themselves. It took a few memes on Instagram for me to know Goldbridge & the like aren’t for me. I give most United podcasts a go & if I don’t like the content just don’t listen again. You’re doing the exact thing those types want by giving them mind space.

clarkydaz

This is the problem I have with the youtubers. They are becoming 'official' with no real football background or even real representation of the club. They are all in main media now like they know something. In this video if he was introduced as a United fan then fair enough. But he's not. \He's introduced as Adam from the United Stand. That implies credentials that he doesn't have. Or that's how it comes across to me.
He is Adam from the United Stand, a lifelong fan from a fan channel. Hasnt claimed to be anything he isnt, You're claiming he isnt a United fan?

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I swear people watch these things simply looking to upset themselves. It took a few memes on Instagram for me to know Goldbridge & the like aren’t for me. I give most United podcasts a go & if I don’t like the content just don’t listen again. You’re doing the exact thing those types want by giving them mind space.
Don't have a problem with avoiding tripe but if its shown on mainstream channels and Press Conferences then its annoying

Tom Van Persie

No relation

What is this moron talking about? As far as I'm aware no other player has been booed. It has feck all to do with players having to make up with fans. It's about the agenda on social media against Maguire. Unfortunately a lot of fans have bought into this idea that Maguire is the worst thing to happen to the club and the best way to support United is too boo him. I'm not even kidding when I say I've seen so called United fans on twitter turn on ten Hag after he announced last week that Maguire would remain captain.

AFC NimbleThumb

Don't have a problem with avoiding tripe but if its shown on mainstream channels and Press Conferences then its annoying
Fair point but I stopped listening to Talksport when Fergie was in charge so god knows what it’s like now & long gone are the days when Sky News broke anything before the Transfer thread on here.

I stopped with Ole press conferences but have managed to find EtH ones on Youtube that just get straight to it pretty easily, it’s honestly not too hard to get your fix in your own way but I’ve not subscribed to a Sky for years so I’ve cut them out years ago.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What is this moron talking about? As far as I'm aware no other player has been booed. It has feck all to do with players having to make up with fans. It's about the agenda on social media against Maguire. Unfortunately a lot of fans have bought into this idea that Maguire is the worst thing to happen to the club and the best way to support United is too boo him. I'm not even kidding when I say I've seen so called United fans on twitter turn on ten Hag after he announced last week that Maguire would remain captain.
yeah he's just a tit. I normally wouldn't care but when they're on SkySports it's an actual representation of the fan base, he's speaking on behalf of supporters, and it grinds my gears.
Fair point but I stopped listening to Talksport when Fergie was in charge so god knows what it’s like now & long gone are the days when Sky News broke anything before the Transfer thread on here.

I stopped with Ole press conferences but have managed to find EtH ones on Youtube that just get straight to it pretty easily, it’s honestly not too hard to get your fix in your own way but I’ve not subscribed to a Sky for years so I’ve cut them out years ago.
Yeah Kudos on that, I used to be curious what toxic BS goldbridge was spouting but I've just put him aside now. Such a shit channel.

UpWithRivers

He is Adam from the United Stand, a lifelong fan from a fan channel. Hasnt claimed to be anything he isnt, You're claiming he isnt a United fan?
yes but he is introduced as Adam from the United Stand not Adam from the United Stand, a lifelong fan from a fan channel. There is a big difference. Lots of people dont know what the United Stand is. They will just presume he's from some news organization and has a background in football. I mean a legitimate background like ex pro.

For example - If you see someone on the news talking about the Ukraine War and they were introduced as Adam from Ukraine Today. You would presume the were legit if you never knew Ukraine Today is a Youtube channel by Ukrainian bakers.