Zaragoza want Pique on loan?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Reports in Spain claim Real Zaragoza want to sign Manchester United teenager Gerard Pique on loan.

The 19-year-old is highly regarded at Old Trafford after joining United from Barcelona's youth team two years ago.

Last season, he made seven appearances for The Red Devils and is likely to remain a fringe figure in Sir Alex Ferguson's plans next term.

To that end, Ferguson could decide to farm out the defender on loan, with Zaragoza reportedly interested in Pique.

Zaragoza finished in mid-table in La Liga last season and are determined to push up the standings in the 2006/07 campaign.

Pique has been pinpointed as a player who could aid the club's ambitions and reports suggest Zaragoza will soon make contact with United.

With the Premiership club well stocked in the defensive department, the club could be open to Zaragoza's approach to hand Pique more first-team experience.

Source :: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...id=1&lid=&title=Zaragoza+consider+Pique+offer

I'd be against the idea meself.

Parks Life

That would be stupid. He's better off going on loan to a Premiership club.

If he does go on loan, I guess this means Silvestre will be staying.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He would be a Milito replacement there, might turn out to be a great move.

Sarni

crazy devil said:
where did Milito go ??
Barcelona want him, so do a few European teams (Milan as far as I rembember, maybe Liverpool)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Sarni said:
He would be a Milito replacement there, might turn out to be a great move.
Turn out to be a great move? For who exactly? Not us i imagine.

Sarni

Nick 0208 Ldn said:
Turn out to be a great move? For who exactly? Not us i imagine.
He'll play regularly for a good Spanish side and either prove himself a good players or not. How can this be not good for him?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
His future is in England so he should be loaned to a Premiership club. I'd be concerned that he might covet a transfer after settling in and playing regularly in his native country. Loan him to Pompey or Watford.

Sarni

MrMarcello said:
His future is in England so he should be loaned to a Premiership club. I'd be concerned that he might covet a transfer after settling in and playing regularly in his native country. Loan him to Pompey or Watford.
But the may not want him currently, for instance. Then a loan to Zaragoza would be a decent solution, in fact - every loan move would be favourable for boy.

MrMarcello

Sarni said:
But the may not want him currently, for instance. Then a loan to Zaragoza would be a decent solution, in fact - every loan move would be favourable for boy.
Unless he enjoys playing regularly in Spain. Then the loan move backfired when he requests a permanent transfer. What young player wouldn't be happy playing in his native country for a good club?

I doubt he'd want a move to Pompey or Watford after a year on loan.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Sarni said:
He'll play regularly for a good Spanish side and either prove himself a good players or not. How can this be not good for him?
As said above, Pque's long term future we hope is at Old Trafford, we are a british club playing in the English league, with all that goes with that. To laon him to a Spanish club would i fear, set back the progress he has made these past 12-18 months. The demands on a centre back here in the Premeir League are not the same as those in La Liga, and he has learned much in that vein in his time with us.

Either keep him at OT or if necessary, loan him out to another Premiership club, maybe even Celtic or Rangers.

Sarni

MrMarcello said:
Unless he enjoys playing regularly in Spain. Then the loan move backfired when he requests a permanent transfer. What young player wouldn't be happy playing in his native country for a good club?

I doubt he'd want a move to Pompey or Watford after a year on loan.
I doubt he'd want a permanent move to Zaragoza too, if he is was good enough for United. That sort of moves ends with permanent transfers only if player is not wanted by his former club.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Nick 0208 Ldn said:
As said above, Pque's long term future we hope is at Old Trafford, we are a british club playing in the English league, with all that goes with that. To laon him to a Spanish club would i fear, set back the progress he has made these past 12-18 months. The demands on a centre back here in the Premeir League are not the same as those in La Liga and he has learned much in that vein in his time with us.

Either keep him at OT or if necessary, loan him out to another Premiership club, maybe even Celtic or Rangers.
Couldnt agree more. He needs to get used to the English football, not the spanish

Tony7

how can it set him back

First team football in the only league as good as the premiership against another year in the reserves this country is awash with promising centre halves in the british mould what makes pique unique is that he's continental why try to take this out of his game we should nuture this and year of first team action against the likes of ronaldinho, ronaldo and riquemele can only be a good thing.

leviathan

Tony7 said:
First team football in the only league as good as the premiership against another year in the reserves this country is awash with promising centre halves in the british mould what makes pique unique is that he's continental why try to take this out of his game we should nuture this and year of first team action against the likes of ronaldinho, ronaldo and riquemele can only be a good thing.
scandalous grammar, but a good point.

Amir

Yes, but people didn't say 'don't send him to Spain, keep him in the reserves'. They said we should loan him to another Premiership club and they are correct. If no Premiership club wants him, however, Zaragoza would be a good option, but it would be better for him to experience playing regularly in England because thats the style we want him to get used to.

Sarni

Amir said:
Yes, but people didn't say 'don't send him to Spain, keep him in the reserves'. They said we should loan him to another Premiership club and they are correct. If no Premiership club wants him, however, Zaragoza would be a good option, but it would be better for him to experience playing regularly in England because thats the style we want him to get used to.
Out of Premiership team, only newcomers like Sheffield Utd or Watford can take him on loan, whereas Zaragoza are stronger than both of them plus they are quite good at developing defenders (which Milito's example proves). I can't see why he wouldn't be able to stop players like Shevchenko or Henry, if he proved himself against the likes of Villa, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo.

Ambivalent

How many times have I got to say it? I'm not Bovve
I suppose one worry is that he'd go to Zaragoza and realise how homesick he's been, and not want to return to England.

Whatever team he goes to, it's imperitive that he starts most games. Otherwise, what's the point?

Amir

It's not about stopping individuals. But football is different in different countries. Vidic played in Russia and in internationals but he admitted the Premiership is different. Now, La Liga is a stronger league than the Russian one, ofcource, but it's still different in style from the Premiership.

I'm not rulling Zaragoza out but a Premiership team should be first choice. Don't know about 'being good in developing defenders'. Seems a bit of nonsence to me.

MrMarcello

The Glazers should buy Oldham and use them as the loan club. Send like 6-12 youngsters to them each season. Surely Oldham wouldn't cost more than a couple million. And they'd probably return to the League Championship level in a year or two.

Does the FA limit how many players a club can loan to another club?

Is it different per level? (i.e. United loaning x players to Oldham or Burnley)

Sarni

Ambivalent said:
I suppose one worry is that he'd go to Zaragoza and realise how homesick he's been, and not want to return to England.

Whatever team he goes to, it's imperitive that he starts most games. Otherwise, what's the point?
Do you really think that he'd leave United to play for Zaragoza just because he is homesick?

It's not about stopping individuals. But football is different in different countries. Vidic played in Russia and in internationals but he admitted the Premiership is different. Now, La Liga is a stronger league than the Russian one, ofcource, but it's still different in style from the Premiership.

I'm not rulling Zaragoza out but a Premiership team should be first choice. Don't know about 'being good in developing defenders'. Seems a bit of nonsence to me.
La Liga is obviously much different than Premiership, I've noticed that as I've been watching it every week for 4 years, but it's equally strong. It's certainly less physical than Premiership and referees are also less tolerant (you can be booked for something that wouldn't be even considered as a foul in Premiership).

Pique is still two or even three years away from being a starter for United, so there's an option of sending him to Zaragoza next year to get some regular starts and then sending him to some decent Premiership side, so that he'll basically have both European and Premiership experience (which could be crucial in European Cup).

I'm not so sure that a loan to Watford or Sheffield United would be more favourable than a loan to a strong Spanish side, that is capable of competing with Barcelona and Madrid in single games (they showed it during last season).

As I've said before, every loan move would be profitable for Pique and if there are no Premiership sides interested, I wouldn't waste time on encouraging them to make a move, I would just send him on loan to Zaragoza, because it's a good chance for him indeed.

Sarni

MrMarcello said:
The Glazers should buy Oldham and use them as the loan club. Send like 6-12 youngsters to them each season. Surely Oldham wouldn't cost more than a couple million. And they'd probably return to the League Championship level in a year or two.

I'm not sure and I'm basing my opinion on computer games, but one team can have no more than 5 players on loan at the same time.

CantonaVeron

MrMarcello said:

When sky were going to buy Utd i think they had to make sure they had less than 10% stakes in any other club or something like that so its unlikely to be allowed. It shouldn't be allowed because what happens if Utd get Oldham in the cup??? All added to the fact the Glazers took out massive loans to buy us there hardly in a position to be wasteing money.

on Pique, i think he definatley needs a loan and spain might be good for him, it would be easy for him to settle and he would be playing matches. hopefully he can turn into a top player for us