Zebina set for Spurs

Slabber

Jonathan Zebina will leave Italian champions Juventus for Tottenham in the summer, according to reports.

Spurs made an initial bid for the player in January but the move collapsed after boss Fabio Capello vetoed his exit.

However, the Frenchman will be allowed to leave at the end of the season seeing as his relationship with the Old Lady has broken down.

Unhappy at being one of the lowest paid players with the outfit, the former Roma stopper asked for a pay-rise.

That wasn’t met with great satisfaction by the Bianconeri hierarchy who rejected his request and will now cash in on the right-back – whom they got on a free transfer.

Spurs are still interested in the ex-Cagliari stopper despite his injury-plagued campaign at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

MUFC187

Slabber said:
Can he play at right back?
Yes, right-back or centre-half. Decent defender, Milan were after him recently.

As for those saying he is shit, he is a big, big favourite of Fabio Capello - which says alot.

He is a bit of a twat on the pitch, gets involved in a lot of arguments and confrontations. He will not be popular amongst opposition fans.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Tbh Slabs he isn't that great...

He's better than Stalteri though.

Lmarco

Slabber said:
Can he play at right back?
Began to play there with Roma, settled in this position with Juve and for a few international games with France...

He is strong, as MUFC187 said Capello likes him a lot and he signed for Juve to be a starter which does mean something. I do not like him a lot but he can bring some defensive toughness, and he has improved a lot in his offensive role.

Slabber

This story is probably complete bullshit. It's been around for about 6 months.

MUFC187

I think he was supposed to go to Spurs in January but Capello stopped it.

Probably doesn't mind if he goes in the summer, as Capello himself will be off.

Lmarco, how are Lens doing at the moment?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
MUFC187 said:

Probably doesn't mind if he goes in the summer, as Capello himself will be off.

Where is Capello going?

Slabber

MUFC187 said:
That was the story then. It's no more credible now than it was then.

Slabber

MUFC187 said:
Ok, you started the thread.
I don't vouch for the truth of the transfer rumours I post. Most of them are clearly complete nonsense.

Slabber

This won was from channel4 or something, who are a great source for made up stories involving Italian clubs.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Slabber said:
This won was from channel4 or something, who are a great source for made up stories involving Italian clubs.
They love linking Italian players to United aswell.

Slabber

Richter said:
They love linking Italian players to United aswell.
They used to show live Italian football in the UK. They just can't shake it off.

Slabber

We're trying so sign everyone. It's official club transfer policy.

Lmarco

MUFC187 said:
Doin' better after a difficult period in January, they took 7 points out of 9 at home in the last games with 4 home games without conceding a goal. Now 6th and they can finish in the top 5 i think.

And Thomert is often being linked with Tottenham.

MUFC187

The last time I saw Lens they had an unpleasant reunion with John Utaka, I saw them lose a goal to Lyon in the last minute as well.

I read recently Keita saying he fancies the Premiership too and that he only has a year of his contract left. Do you think he will leave; he and Diarra seem to have a great partnership. Both of those look good enough to me to play for a good side the Premiership.

Is Aruna back playing with Lens, how has he been doing after his tragedy in January?

Also, who was this young midfielder you have, think he was left-footed, saw him recently but I forget his name.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Football wise he looks like Silvestre's clone, capable of doing extremely well in one game and absolutely crap in another.

MUFC187

Maybe that's true but I think he will do well for Tottenham, should he go there. Although they are linked to a new player every day.