zenden signs for liverpool

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
RedorDead6899 said:
I don't get it the piss taking?

Nobody is saying he'll pull up any trees, he's going to be a squad player and we need to boost our squad. He was free, International and will do a job. Not all signings have to be 5 million plus. Also he's got some Premiership nouse under his belt, something we've needed at times.
Isnt RoD a united fan...Methinks Nate's been logging in with the wrong account

noodlehair

"It's like..."
RedorDead6899 said:
I don't get it the piss taking?

Nobody is saying he'll pull up any trees, he's going to be a squad player and we need to boost our squad. He was free, International and will do a job. Not all signings have to be 5 million plus. Also he's got some Premiership nouse under his belt, something we've needed at times and he can do no worse than Nunez.

Uniteds signings so far don't exactly put the fear of god in me either, nor will they do to Chelsea or Arsenal.
Can't see him being of any real use to you though. Better than Nunez and Kewell, but that's nowt to shout about. He's hardly the top class winger your otherwise very good team are crying out for.

I'd have to say simular about Park signing for us mind, so I can see your point.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Ronaldo07 said:
Isnt RoD a united fan...Methinks Nate's been logging in with the wrong account
He usually logs into ROD:s account when he's angry ;)

alonso767

Calm down
noodlehair said:
Can't see him being of any real use to you though. Better than Nunez and Kewell, but that's nowt to shout about. He's hardly the top class winger your otherwise very good team are crying out for.

I'd have to say simular about Park signing for us mind, so I can see your point.

its been clear he is smicer's replacement. and smicer didnt exactly have a big role in our team. he's a squad player that will fill in when necessary or replace an out of form/injured/both kewell/nunez.

think its a great little signing to bolster our squad, but nowt to get overly excited about, wont be turning us into a significantly better side in the prem. and in europe, theres no room for improvement. ;)

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
:lol:

Zenden, has for some obsessed reason, been the most ridiculed player at YAWN.tv over the years.

I bet there are some desperate backtracking going on over there now :)

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
An Extremely Boring Man said:
:lol:

Zenden, has for some obsessed reason, been the most ridiculed player at YAWN.tv over the years.

I bet there are some desperate backtracking going on over there now :)
Dunno about the most ridiculed.

Figaro hates him with a passion though, so that's probably what you mean.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Nate said:
Dunno about the most ridiculed.

Figaro hates him with a passion though, so that's probably what you mean.
What Figaro says is normally treated as gospel there - or at least used to, so 'most' posters have picked up on that and made fun of Zenden.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
I wouldn't have named him had I been picking players I thought might come in, but like any other signing i'll give him a chance.

On a free it could turn out to be a decent bit of business, reckon he'll be a better squad player than the likes of Diao and Smicer.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Nate said:
I wouldn't have named him had I been picking players I thought might come in, but like any other signing i'll give him a chance.

On a free it could turn out to be a decent bit of business, reckon he'll be a better squad player than the likes of Diao and Smicer.
I would be a better squad player than Diao

He's on par with Smicer

Davo

He's had a very good season, not one to get excited about mind..

As European Champions, we've got a lot of games this coming season and will need a big squad

Slabber

Davo said:
He's had a very good season, not one to get excited about mind..

As European Champions, we've got a lot of games this coming season and will need a big squad
Let's hope it's a massive squad with the likes of Zenden in it

Slabber

Davo said:
Not that many if you draw us....we'll send the kids in again

And Zenden
If Kanoute had been mentally fit for football that night we would have won...

Davo

Slabber said:
em ... yes we would. he's shit. and a mercenary.
no he's not

He's Boro's player of the year, and they're better than you....ergo, if he'd have played, we wouldn't have had to bother with pens, and would have won 3-1

Slabber

Davo said:
no he's not

He's Boro's player of the year, and they're better than you....ergo, if he'd have played, we wouldn't have had to bother with pens, and would have won 3-1
You only got pens because Kanoute handballed in the last minute.

I really don't rate Zenden. You're the Champions of Europe. It's an embarrassing signing.

Davo

Slabber said:
You only got pens because Kanoute handballed in the last minute.

I really don't rate Zenden. You're the Champions of Europe. It's an embarrassing signing.
That's his look out, the daft spaz....you should have been able to batter the side we put out.

Zenden's not great, but he's ok for nowt. We'd definitely beat your first team with our reserves....and Zenden

Slabber

Davo said:
That's his look out, the daft spaz....you should have been able to batter the side we put out.

Zenden's not great, but he's ok for nowt. We'd definitely beat your first team with our reserves....and Zenden
He's on a fat wage. He's shit. You shouldn't be buying ageing mercenary dross like that. It's embarrassing. I'd have been embarrassed if Spurs had bought him.

We did battered you. It was one of those nights.

Davo

Slabber said:
He's on a fat wage. He's shit. You shouldn't be buying ageing mercenary dross like that. It's embarrassing. I'd have been embarrassed if Spurs had bought him.

We did battered you. It was one of those nights.
He's not shit, you're just annoyed because we'd have beaten you 3-1 if he had been playing that eventful night....

Slabber

Davo said:
He's not shit, you're just annoyed because we'd have beaten you 3-1 if he had been playing that eventful night....
Seriously, he is shit. I'm amazed you've bought him. You might as well have kept Smicer.

Davo

Slabber said:
Seriously, he is shit. I'm amazed you've bought him. You might as well have kept Smicer.
Smicer's half dead

That goal in the final was just nerves....like when you chop a chicken's head off and it runs around for a bit

We needed another talented midfield player who'll never show his ability when selected against the "lesser" teams....

Slabber

Davo said:
We needed another talented midfield player who'll never show his ability when selected against the "lesser" teams....
quite

MightyRedz

ehsanul said:
Liverpool signed another world class player for their beloved fans ;)

Tough call though mate, Zenden or Phil Neville, Djemba x 2, O'Shed, Miller, Kleb ...... need I go on? At least we've shipped out Diouff and M'boro are seriously looking at Salif Diou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
MightyRedz said:
Tough call though mate, Zenden or Phil Neville, Djemba x 2, O'Shed, Miller, Kleb ...... need I go on? At least we've shipped out Diouff and M'boro are seriously looking at Salif Diou!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean Diouf and Diao?

Looking Busy

Stamford Bridge said:
Good buy. I'd take him over Park, if I had to choose.

Just because he's proven in the Prem. Moving away from Chelsea has done him some good.

Still, rather weird that Benitez hasn't signed any Spaniards - yet. ;)
Of course you would. That's why you released Zenden and when we signed Park tried to interveen and feck it up :rolleyes:

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
Looking Busy said:
Of course you would. That's why you released Zenden and when we signed Park tried to interveen and feck it up :rolleyes:
What, you think we wanted Park? All we did was try to force the price up, making you buy at a higher price.

Joe Cole is miles better than Park.

English, too. ;)

Looking Busy

Stamford Bridge said:
What, you think we wanted Park? All we did was try to force the price up, making you buy at a higher price.

Joe Cole is miles better than Park.

English, too. ;)
So you think you should only buy english then do you?

Tell me how many English players has Jose bought?