Zenit sign Danny for £24m

vanthaman

Winner
who?

Zenit still unsure over Arshavin

Advocaat insists Danny not signed as Arshavin replacement

Last updated: 25th August 2008
Arshavin: Joined at Zenit by Danny

Dick Advocaat says the signing of Danny will not necessarily see Andrei Arshavin leave Zenit St Petersburg.
Zenit have splashed out a record 30million euros (£24m) to sign Portuguese midfielder Danny from Russian rivals Dinamo Moscow.
His acquisition has prompted rumours that Zenit will now be prepared to sell Arshavin for a lower price, with Tottenham Hotspur having been heavily linked with a bid.
Arshavin's price tag has deterred clubs from signing the schemer, but Zenit coach Advocaat is not convinced the Russia international will be leaving.
When asked if Danny's signing would allow Arshavin to go, Advocaat told reporters: "No, because Andrei is still with Zenit, and I am still not sure if he is going away."
Best midfielder

Adovcaat is expecting big things from the Venezuelan-born Danny, who made his international debut for Portugal last week.
He added: "We've been interested in Danny for a while now.
"I consider him the best midfielder in the Russian league and he can become a very useful member of our team. I see Danny as an attacking midfielder or winger.

ThatOldRedMagic

who?

Zenit still unsure over Arshavin

Advocaat insists Danny not signed as Arshavin replacement

Last updated: 25th August 2008
Arshavin: Joined at Zenit by Danny

Dick Advocaat says the signing of Danny will not necessarily see Andrei Arshavin leave Zenit St Petersburg.
Zenit have splashed out a record 30million euros (£24m) to sign Portuguese midfielder Danny from Russian rivals Dinamo Moscow.
His acquisition has prompted rumours that Zenit will now be prepared to sell Arshavin for a lower price, with Tottenham Hotspur having been heavily linked with a bid.
Arshavin's price tag has deterred clubs from signing the schemer, but Zenit coach Advocaat is not convinced the Russia international will be leaving.
When asked if Danny's signing would allow Arshavin to go, Advocaat told reporters: "No, because Andrei is still with Zenit, and I am still not sure if he is going away."
Best midfielder

Adovcaat is expecting big things from the Venezuelan-born Danny, who made his international debut for Portugal last week.
He added: "We've been interested in Danny for a while now.
"I consider him the best midfielder in the Russian league and he can become a very useful member of our team. I see Danny as an attacking midfielder or winger.
So Advocaat gives warnings?

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Best midfielder in the russian league by miles....Quieroz gave him a debut last week....Tbh the little i have seen looks like a gem of a talent...

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't understand Arshavin. If you really want to move, how can you have such big wage demands? Even his agent says so, and that is quite some statement from an agent.

rotherham_red

Best midfielder in the russian league by miles....Quieroz gave him a debut last week....Tbh the little i have seen looks like a gem of a talent...
remember him catching my eye at the 2004 olympics, looked a talent there, but sporting fans seemed to have not been overly bothered when he left, citing his lack of end-product...

Justin

Russians sure are dodgy. One minute they need to sell Arshavin for £20m before they can buy, and now they splash out £24m for a no-name from a rival.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Gazprom probably increased prices of gas supply to Poland by half a per cent to finance the deal.

Merman

Fecking hell, you can get a Carrick or Joe cole for something far less. It shows all portuguese players and everybody playing in the russian league are overpriced.

Sivahari

all of a sudden Zenit is in the limelight with other big clubs because they have Arshavin.

Why do we have to bother about what goes on with such clubs unless a player from that club is linked with a move to United.