Zenit to offer Arshavin lucrative return

GIT Z RED

Zenit to offer Arshavin lucrative return
four four two news - Today, 9:49

Zenit St Petersburg are reportedly ready to offer Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin a lucrative offer to return home to Russia, less than six months after arriving in England.

The Russian international joined the Emirates Stadium outfit at the beginning of February for £15 million, and enjoyed an explosive start to his Premier League career, netting six league goals in 12 appearances, including four against Liverpool at Anfield.

However, the diminutive playmaker has recently revealed his shock and horror at the hefty amount of tax being deducted from his salary.

And the news is thought to have prompted the 28-year-old's former club - who are backed by the largest oil and gas company in the world - to plot a big-money move to lure Arshavin back to his homeland.

Zenit are currently languishing in sixth place in the Russian Premier League, losing three of their last five matches.

"The bosses of the St Petersburg club intend to make Andrey a very thoroughly thought out offer which can motivate him to return home," said Sport Den Za Dnem.

"He has started his career at Arsenal brilliantly but that is not an obstacle for negotiations - on the contrary money is a good reason to begin them. Zenit need reinforcements."

just seen this has to bullshit right?

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
He's going to be top player in Arsenal and I don't see any point why he should leave London.

He's definitely better than Robbie and he doesn't have to come back after six months.

RonaldoVII

It has to be. There would be no way he would return. Next season will be his first proper go with Arsenal, both in the league and champions league and he wont want to leave so soon.

GIT Z RED

I did see an interview with him were he was complaining about the tax on his wages.

mjs020294

Well he is obviously a dumb feck. There are tax calculators that can give you a damned good idea how much you will pay. SMART people research a country before making life changing moves.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
He took a paycut to move to Arsenal didn't he?

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
I remember reading somewhere that Arsenal weren't going to better his contract at Zenit (Which was silly money, over 100k a week). Also that Arshavin was so eager to get away from Zenit that he was willing to take a paycut.

Who knows though, could be talking out my ass. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger would've told him to feck off if he demanded that kind of money.

kietotheworld

Well he is obviously a dumb feck. There are tax calculators that can give you a damned good idea how much you will pay. SMART people research a country before making life changing moves.
You don't keep up with Politics much, do you?

Count Duckula

He's getting paid less at Arsenal than he was at Zenit, but I don't think it's because he deliberately chose to take a paycut. The opposite, in fact - he left for Arsenal because they offered him a contract worth about £20.000 more a week.

However, he didn't factor in the 50% tax rate for higher earners and so in actuality he's earning less than he did in Russia because, despite being paid more, the government are taking a very hefty slice. He actually said he was utterly horrified the other day when he realised, and he's really, really pissed off about it.

SecondFig

He's getting paid less at Arsenal than he was at Zenit, but I don't think it's because he deliberately chose to take a paycut. The opposite, in fact - he left for Arsenal because they offered him a contract worth about £20.000 more a week.

However, he didn't factor in the 50% tax rate for higher earners and so in actuality he's earning less than he did in Russia because, despite being paid more, the government are taking a very hefty slice. He actually said he was utterly horrified the other day when he realised, and he's really, really pissed off about it.
Are you sure? I could have sworn he took a cut...

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I thought he did too - he was paid an obscene amount at Zenit
He took the pay cut, BBC reported it all over.
He was on some obscene amount - apparently he lived the playboy lifestyle; he was a hero over there. Moving to England where he was obvioulsy a bit of an unknown quantity, and where he wasn't the centre of attention just mirrors the fact he's wanting to make a statement to the Footballing world. He wants to be seen as one of the best.

His attitiude is brilliant and I hope it has already become infectious amongst the other players; especially the youngsters. Adebayor could take a leaf out of his book!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
If Zenit want him back they'd obviously have to pay a King's ransom, that's for sure.

eric le roi

They changed the rate after he signed.
Still, he's complaining about tax on a wage of £50k a week. What he needs to do, I think, is get a bit of fecking perspective.

Justin

Makes sense he wants to return, it's a real hassle flying his hairdresser out every few weeks or whatever.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Well, with our history of penny pinching that has lead to some of our best players leaving don't be surprised if he's gone by Christmas or end of next season

He's fking brilliant - one of the best ion the world .......so we'll probably contrive to let him go :wenger: