Zion Suzuki - Goalkeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

I once got a shout to do a gig with Damo Suzuki in my city in Ireland. I’d never heard of him or Can at that point. I thought he was going to be at least half Irish with a name like Damo :lol: The message was something like Damo Suzuki needs a pickup band for tonight would you play guitar? I was like sure what’s the Craic with it? It’s just a jam and see what happens. Free/noise/art thing? Sounded like something I’d never done and then I embarrassingly kept calling him Damo as in Damien all night until the gig was over :lol: One of his fans pulled me aside horrified to tell me that I was pronouncing his name totally wrong. I’ve since gotten into Can and I grabbed a few signed solo albums off him that night. We got on well. Nice fella! That’s my Damo Suzuki story:)

That is an amazing story, you lucky devil. Thanks for sharing.

Bondi77

I once got a shout to do a gig with Damo Suzuki in my city in Ireland. I’d never heard of him or Can at that point. I thought he was going to be at least half Irish with a name like Damo :lol: The message was something like Damo Suzuki needs a pickup band for tonight would you play guitar? I was like sure what’s the Craic with it? It’s just a jam and see what happens. Free/noise/art thing? Sounded like something I’d never done and then I embarrassingly kept calling him Damo as in Damien all night until the gig was over :lol: One of his fans pulled me aside horrified to tell me that I was pronouncing his name totally wrong. I’ve since gotten into Can and I grabbed a few signed solo albums off him that night. We got on well. Nice fella! That’s my Damo Suzuki story:)

I can see why you had never heard of him and why hardly anyone else has either.

Grande

Great little happening!

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don’t see the point in getting this guy. Is he even better than Kovar?

Bondi77

I thought his entourage would be his representatives or maybe MUFC just want to hang with his posse for a while before they explore the possibility of potentially making a bid.
I suppose we will have to wait for Fab to inform us if our interest is concrete or not.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would he actually be our back up keeper or just another keeper in the background somewhere? Like, is he good enough to be our main backup keeper now? Say we sign Onana and he gets a long term injury on 2nd September- are we happy playing this guy every game for four months?

gajender

Would he actually be our back up keeper or just another keeper in the background somewhere? Like, is he good enough to be our main backup keeper now? Say we sign Onana and he gets a long term injury on 2nd September- are we happy playing this guy every game for four months?
If we bring him in He would be kept as back Up keeper along with Heaton till January window then go on short Loan probably at English League 1team and we will bring another Experienced reserve Keeper on loan for second half of the season and in summer another cheap backup on permanent and he would spend year or two on loan to gain experience and then we would revisit the situation.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If we bring him in He would be kept as back Up keeper along with Heaton till January window then go on short Loan probably at English League 1team and we will bring another Experienced reserve Keeper on loan for second half of the season and in summer another cheap backup on permanent and he would spend year or two on loan to gain experience and then we would revisit the situation.
Thank you, Mr. Murtough.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So Heaton would be our main backup keeper and he’d be playing if our first choice gets injured for months?

gajender

Thank you, Mr. Murtough.
You are Welcome but Jokes apart If we really rate him then that's the way I see it Going He would need to play regularly to reach his potential and there aren't many games he would get here behind Onana .

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
this is the way. get him out on loan down the divisions. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a championship club take a punt on a highly rated young keeper that cost millions. He’ll need a few loans. I’m excited to see how good the scouting has been on this player. He sounds like he could be a future Utd keeper and a marketing dream if he makes it. Massive FM regen keepers with good kicking all the way. Plus he’s costing about 10% what a decent keeper will cost us by the time Onana starts to decline. Can’t lose really.

Last edited:

Eplel

Working on paperwork :lol: :lol:
I can just picture someone with a sheet of A4 and a pencil in his hand counting his fingers...this shit is gold.
I assume he needs a permit, that's what the paperwork would be for.

Bondi77

I assume he needs a permit, that's what the paperwork would be for.
We have to submit an offer and that would have to be accepted before we even think about work permit details and that is not what the post that I replied to stated anyway.

Bojan Djordjic

A sense of humour.
Hmmm...very funny indeed. Forgot that its just United who bother with cumbersome paperwork with their offers. FFS...not hard to be critical of the club for a mountain of reasons and your attempt at playing to the gallery is over something that literally has to be done for every deal.

ColvaleGoa

I don’t see the point in getting this guy. Is he even better than Kovar?

I think Kovar's development will be better served by being on loan somewhere and get regular game time. Don't forget he won the league last year, so he must have something going for him .

Either way is a win win for us.

Bertie Wooster

I think Kovar's development will be better served by being on loan somewhere and get regular game time. Don't forget he won the league last year, so he must have something going for him .

Either way is a win win for us.
I agree about Kovar (who seems a good prospect) probably benefitting from another loan as a starter at this stage of his career, rather than rarely featuring as a #2.

But Suzuki is pretty much at the exact same stage of his career as Kovar, so you'd think the same would apply as regards the best thing for his development as well - rather than signing to be used as a mostly non-playing #2.

top1whoisman

Scout
I agree about Kovar probably benefitting from another loan as a starter at this stage of his career, rather than rarely featuring as a #2.

But Suzuki is pretty much at the exact same stage of his career as Kovar, so you'd think the same would apply as regards the best thing for his development as well. So, in that respect, he seems a funny choice to sign as a #2.
The coaching staff know everything about Kovář whereas with Suzuki surely they’d want to see him train with us for at least half a season before thinking about a loan. I’m also sure him training with United’s first team would develop him a lot even if he didn’t play one single minute in his first season.

Bertie Wooster

The coaching staff know everything about Kovář whereas with Suzuki surely they’d want to see him train with us for at least half a season before thinking about a loan. I’m also sure him training with United’s first team would develop him a lot even if he didn’t play one single minute in his first season.
Yeah, fair point - if he's signing as another 'prospect' to be loaned out to gain experience, etc.

But I thought the suggestion was that he was to be signed as our main #2 - so staying at the club but (barring unwanted injury to Onana) rarely featuring. That was the basis that I was saying the lack of games he'd be getting at this stage of his career would seem to be an issue.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah, fair point - if he's signing as another 'prospect' to be loaned out to gain experience, etc.

But I thought the suggestion was that he was to be signed as our main #2 - so staying at the club but (barring unwanted injury to Onana) rarely featuring. That was the basis that I was saying the lack of games he'd be getting at this stage of his career would seem to be an issue.
Yeah I guess no-one really knows what EtH, Hartis & co. are thinking. Whatever the case is, I'm sure they are open in communication with Suzuki & Kovář so all the relevant parties know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.