Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Open appreciation letter

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Lmao. He's been here ONE year. We're treating him like he's been here longer than Giggs.

Perspective, lads.
To be fair Giggsy is far from a role model. All that shit with him doing it with his brother's wife and all, I just can't find the words to describe how sick that man is. So yeah, I believe Ibra brought more to the club than Giggs did in terms of role model for young kids. No matter what you think I can assure it's an important part of the game. I used to have Roy Keane as my idol when I was a boy. I thought he was the best thing alive. Today I understand he's just a thick headed kid who never grew up. Total idiot. Still I appreciate what he did for the club - but role model? Absolutely not.

Hawks2008

Thanks Zlatan, thanks for everything. Would be such a shame for a legendary player to go out this way.

el3mel

Lmao. He's been here ONE year. We're treating him like he's been here longer than Giggs.

Perspective, lads.
What an ungrateful comment that's. Forlan gave us nothing more than some beautiful goals vs Liverpool and we're still chanting his name. This club has always been grateful for anyone who gave this team anything and Zlatan sure included in this list.

MuranoLover

Too much laughing in a thread that meant to be serious .

Some people say they are happy cause Rash will have a chance to play more - is this fecking serious ?

How can you be so blind and not feel for a guy like him who came with the knowledge CL football will be away and he will do his best to bring us where we belong to ?

Hope he leaves us and tells you he read those comments and you are all so damn stupid .

I am ashamed of you .

ZLATAN - real Man United fans send you their love and support .

manunited1919

Zlatan IbrahIIImovitch:
Get well soon, and keep smiling like you always do! You are an inspiration for many kids around the world and that will never change. And anyone who fancies themselves as a United fan will always be grateful for what you've done for our club.

See you in Stockholm, we are going to win it for you!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The fact that he left his options open in regard to a second season with us rather than truly commiting himself to the club has left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth for me.

An absolutely cracking player though. There has been some signs in recent months that age is starting to catch up with him. Maybe it's best for him to leave the club with his head held high rather than sticking around and stinking the place up like the captain is.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It's been a pleasure watching him in a United shirt this season. A true living legend of the game.

Get better soon.

C'est Moi Cantona

Some people say they are happy cause Rash will have a chance to play more - is this fecking serious ?

How can you be so blind and not feel for a guy like him who came with the knowledge CL football will be away and he will do his best to bring us where we belong to ?

Hope he leaves us and tells you he read those comments and you are all so damn stupid .

I am ashamed of you .

Just silly, no one wishes him bad, all United fans send you the best, he was simply out of form big time, and before people realised how bad his injury was they thought maybe Rashford is the better option between now and the end of the season, which he maybe is.

Some people need to get a grip with this, the over reaction is getting stupid now.

spiriticon

What an ungrateful comment that's. Forlan gave us nothing more than some beautiful goals vs Liverpool and we're still chanting his name. This club has always been grateful for anyone who gave this team anything and Zlatan sure included in this list.
At least Forlan was here a little longer than 9 months... Zlatan is an immense player and will be a big miss for the rest of the season, don't get me wrong. But this outpouring of love and aduation, together with some of us wanting to extend his mega-money contract for him to sit on the sofa/bench... It is just a little too OTT for me.

Manny

Grammar Police

I am ashamed of you .

Zlatan, forgive them for they know not what they do

Book of Lion 17:5

el3mel

At least Forlan was here a little longer than 9 months... Zlatan is an immense player and will be a big miss for the rest of the season, don't get me wrong. But this outpouring of love and aduation, together with some of us wanting to extend his mega-money contract for him to sit on the sofa/bench... It is just a little too OTT for me.
Bastian did absolutely nothing for us and some here were still adoring him much.

At least Zlatan registered his name with us with 2 goals in a cup final that we'll remember him for. I have always seen the philosophy of this club is to be grateful for any player doing anything for us whatever this thing is small or not. Some players scored only one or 2 important goals and we're still remembering them and chanting their name. Zlatan definitely provided something for the club in his short period that we'll remember him for as the cup final. We should be grateful for any player and that what differentiate us from any other fans in the world imo.

No one is saying to put him on the same list of Giggs and Scholes. Definitely not, but as other players in our history he should receive some credit for what he provided in his short period with us.

As for extending his contract to pay him his wages without playing, I think most people here won't agree on this including myself. I prefer to not extend his contract but giving him the chance to rehabilitate at our training ground such as we did for Valdes before signing his contract.

Brophs

The One and Only
You’re always going on about Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Let it go, Successful, you’re never going to meet him.

Scholsey2004

If we win the europa he should be on the podium. If john terry can do it then he should be able to.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's been great, I'd love to see him run out for you guys again next season. Absolutely top top player just a shame he didn't come to the prem 3 or 4 seasons ago

RedNed77

To be fair Giggsy is far from a role model. All that shit with him doing it with his brother's wife and all, I just can't find the words to describe how sick that man is. So yeah, I believe Ibra brought more to the club than Giggs did in terms of role model for young kids. No matter what you think I can assure it's an important part of the game. I used to have Roy Keane as my idol when I was a boy. I thought he was the best thing alive. Today I understand he's just a thick headed kid who never grew up. Total idiot. Still I appreciate what he did for the club - but role model? Absolutely not.
Such a wum, you're good at it though, that rant made me piss.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
I love Zlatan and I always wanted to see him in a United shirt... I just wish it had been earlier in his career.
He's done us proud.

I hope the injury isn't as bad as feared and he's back playing football for United soon.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I didn't want him to sign for us and probably thought it'd be best if we don't extend his contract, but he certainly deserved a much, much better end to his Utd career. No one can ignore the good he has done for us and I hope we give him a proper sendoff, a testimonial of sorts next summer after he recovers.

wolvored

It seems unlikely given the financial implications but I genuinely hope the club oversees his recovery.
In the press it reckons medically we will support him, but no offer of a contract now.

wolvored

There was a mighty red called God
Who went up with a player for a nod
See you cant out jump me
Then he damaged his knee
God? No hes just an ordinary bod.

Seriously it was bad and I wish him good luck in the future. Maybe still get to play in MLS

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Look at how classy the players are wearing Ibrahimovic shirts.

That's how much the player mean to the club and the players. Not just ANY player that guy.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Can we have some poems as well please, and complete our transformation into RAWK.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Would Chuck Norris read such thread concerning his person?! I don't think so and neither will Zlatan!

We need an rvn

I'd be disgusted and very very very shocked if we didn't
We're not a charity. Come on, he's a 36 year old who did his knee in who's on a one year contract, let's not go crazy and sign him up for next season on £15m next season when he probably won't be the same player ever again. Love the guy but it's not like the rumours were out there he wouldn't sign if we didn't make CL next year.

We'll support him, pay his expenses after his contract ends and if he is fit then sign him on a contract until the end of the season next year as he should appreciate what we're about to do given his contract is due to run out.

He is the player we should have signed 5 years or so ago and he would be our god, one season is basically Larson where we were grateful for what he did but come on, let's not go crazy.

But if you're reading this God, I love you and believe you'll come back stronger than ever and please don't punish me for speaking my mind.

buckooo1978

We're not a charity. Come on, he's a 36 year old who did his knee in who's on a one year contract, let's not go crazy and sign him up for next season on £15m next season when he probably won't be the same player ever again. Love the guy but it's not like the rumours were out there he wouldn't sign if we didn't make CL next year.

We'll support him, pay his expenses after his contract ends and if he is fit then sign him on a contract until the end of the season next year as he should appreciate what we're about to do given his contract is due to run out.

He is the player we should have signed 5 years or so ago and he would be our god, one season is basically Larson where we were grateful for what he did but come on, let's not go crazy.

But if you're reading this God, I love you and believe you'll come back stronger than ever and please don't punish me for speaking my mind.
Yeah i was talking about his medical expenses - not paying him 220k a week

ManRed

Zlatan is not injured the remaining opponents level is too low for him.

#prayforzlatan