g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Zlatan returning to full training by end of month

Clas Sified

What an absolute machine. Hopefully we can start getting him slowly match fit again throughout November to prepare him for the Christmas/New Year period.

el3mel

Great news to hear. Imagine the boost he'll give to the players!

Will that mean he'll be available by December ?

Sterling Archer

I think October was the date mentioned way back and I recall thinking in disbelief there's no way. But lo and behold he's on this unlikely schedule. My goodness what a marvel.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Full training returns to Zlatan.

Edit - Ahh feck you 2MM

edgar allan

If you read the article it suggests that he will be returning to Carrington to complete his rehab early next month.
That would likely mean a combination of drills with the other players and also working with the physios separately.

The questions remains when will he be allowed to return to full training and contact, still imagine that will be Dec at the earliest.

Reactions: Varun

sunama

Baghdad Bob
So, Rojo and Ibra got injured the same day - similar injuries - and Ibra, who is a lot older (slower to recover), makes a faster recovery?
Not only that but more generally, I have not come across a cruciate ligament injury healing so quickly.
If he does return to full training by 1st November, there is something almost supernatural about that.

3KDré

So, Rojo and Ibra got injured the same day - similar injuries - and Ibra, who is a lot older (slower to recover), makes a faster recovery?
Not only that but more generally, I have not come across a cruciate ligament injury healing so quickly.
If he does return to full training by 1st November, there is something almost supernatural about that.
Rojo returned to training a while back I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If you read the article it suggests that he will be returning to Carrington to complete his rehab early next month.
That would likely mean a combination of drills with the other players and also working with the physios separately.

The questions remains when will he be allowed to return to full training and contact, still imagine that will be Dec at the earliest.
Yeah I think they are suggesting he will be back at Carrington as opposed to training/rehabing by himself. Wouldn't expect him match ready until December at the earliest.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
The man has defied those claiming this injury will end his career, apart from c.Ronaldo never known such a machine of a player

Zlatattack

Genetics i guess and he's in incredible shape.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can't wait to have him back.

Even though I'm not totally convinced it would work, I'd be interested to see him and Lukaku playing at the same time.

Could be amazing, or absolutely terrible.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Meh. We're a much better team with Lukaku in it. Only good thing about getting Zlatan back is giving Lukaku some rest. :p

Kapardin

Can't wait to have him back.

Even though I'm not totally convinced it would work, I'd be interested to see him and Lukaku playing at the same time.

Could be amazing, or absolutely terrible.
Its' Zlatan and its' his swansong in the league. 'Course he's gonna be amazing, couldn't be anything else.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Its' Zlatan and its' his swansong in the league. 'Course he's gonna be amazing, couldn't be anything else.
Sorry, what I meant was I'm not sure how well Lukaku and Ibra would play together in the same team.

I don't doubt for one second that Ibra won't do well for us as a lone striker.

Oscie

He's going to need 4-6 weeks full training, you'd assume, so still probably looking early December.

NYAS

Misleading thread title. Being at Carrington as a training complex and using the facilities full-time is not the same as returning to full training with the rest of the squad.

carlosp

Sorry, what I meant was I'm not sure how well Lukaku and Ibra would play together in the same team.

I don't doubt for one second that Ibra won't do well for us as a lone striker.
Zlatan give us another forward option. This should allow Jose to play Martial, Rashford and Lukaku/Ibra at the same time. That's good for the team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's Zlatan. Not returning before schedule would be a surprise.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Imagine the squad rotation possible,

Lukaku
Rashford - Mhkyt - Mata
Pogba - Matic
Young - Bially - Jones - Valencia
DDG

Zlatan
Martial - Herrera - Lingard
Fellaini - Carrick
Blind - Rojo - Smalling - Darmian
Romero

That's not even using Shaw, or Lindelof.

Imagine late needing a goal and we have Lukaku, Fellaini, Ibra, Bially, Pogba, Matic all attacking a set piece...

prtk0811

He's a beast. But he should be carefull to ease himself back into it and not go very hard bullishly.

I wonder he will accept the bench and rotation role or not and want to start again. But certainly against top teams in the UCL campaign our attack too will threaten top opponents. I hope he brings that same mentality again and we push on for something big this season.

Traub

He's a beast. But he should be carefull to ease himself back into it and not go very hard bullishly.

I wonder he will accept the bench and rotation role or not and want to start again. But certainly against top teams in the UCL campaign our attack too will threaten top opponents. I hope he brings that same mentality again and we push on for something big this season.
I'm pretty sure his role has been confirmed by Jose - whether that is as a starter or a sub. He wouldn't have agreed to a new contract otherwise.

haram

Would be great to have him available for the december schedule.

Pace Abuser

I would be eager to play him as a #10 with Lulaku, Rashford, and Martial around him with Pogba and Matic pivot.