Pogba - Matic
Young - Bially - Jones - Valencia
DDG

Zlatan
Martial - Herrera - Lingard
Fellaini - Carrick
Blind - Rojo - Smalling - Darmian
Romero

That's not even using Shaw, or Lindelof.

Imagine late needing a goal and we have Lukaku, Fellaini, Ibra, Bially, Pogba, Matic all attacking a set piece...
With Jones on corners !!

Oh wait ...

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I wonder how he will take to playing second fiddle to Lukaku, because make no mistake, he should.

Not sure he has ever been second fiddle in his career before.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Returning to full training still means he has weeks to go before he can play a match which is in line with the freakishly optimistic predictions of him being back in November.

Jaybomb

What a beast :drool: So glad to have him back and I hope he bangs in 25+ goals again and we see him sign another extension.

He will go down as a United legend if we do the Premier League and Champions League double. I honestly believe we can!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What a beast :drool: So glad to have him back and I hope he bangs in 25+ goals again and we see him sign another extension.

He will go down as a United legend if we do the Premier League and Champions League double. I honestly believe we can!
Nice.

It's good to see him back. I still reckon he'd come in over Christmas.

GM K

"I work hard. I haven't had a day off since the injury....I'm back to finish what I started." - Zlatan.

BEAST!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Lukaku
Zlatan Fellaini
Young Pogba Matic Valencia
Blind Jones Bailly
De Gea
Imagine the high ball game we could use. No team in the land could keep that front 3 from scoring headers. Tony V for the counter attack option, Young for the check back right footed version and then Daley for the deep left foot cross. It’s Sam Allardyce’s dream!

Flames73

Lukaku
Zlatan Fellaini
Blind Jones Bailly
De Gea
Imagine the high ball game we could use. No team in the land could keep that front 3 from scoring headers. Tony V for the counter attack option, Young for the check back right footed version and then Daley for the deep left foot cross. It’s Sam Allardyce’s dream!
except only fellaini really scores with his head. lukaku sometimes. zlatan does his karate kick thing

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Imagine being told in 2012 that we'd have van Persie, Falcao and Ibrahimovic as strikers...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have a worrying feeling he'll be riddled with injury from here on.

edgar allan

I will whisper this quietly- I am glad he is not fit just at the moment as trying to fit him in the team right now would upset the dynamic of the team.
As the season progresses we will need strength in depth as players fatigue especially if we progress in the CL.
For me I can't see how Lukaku and Ibra would fit well together so it would be an either or.

AgentP

Lukaku
Zlatan Fellaini
Blind Jones Bailly
De Gea
Pogba should start his own basket ball team with Lukaku, Zlatan, Fellaini and Matic.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
2 December is the day, everything is we, not I. The royal 'we' perhaps?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/zlatan-ibrahimovics-targeted-return-game-has-been-revealed-144637
He's really pumping himself up and getting the fans excited.

"When I come back to play football on the field I will be better than before,
I am coming back to be a better version of the old one. Imagine how that will be!

"When I am playing again I don't want any excuses that I was injured, or 'he just came back, this is his first game'.

"No - I want to feel the same pressure I had before because everything happened. I am looking forward to that moment."
So, at 36 seems to be showing more eagerness, willingness and desire to get on the pitch than some youngsters, who haven't achieved a fraction of what he has.

clarkydaz

So, at 36 seems to be showing more eagerness, willingness and desire to get on the pitch than some youngsters, who haven't achieved a fraction of what he has.
remember Rooney telling us he had nothing to prove

He's really pumping himself up and getting the fans excited.

He obviously revels in the pressure & is concerned that no pressure = lesser performances.

I expect him to crank up the pressure on himself more and more as he approaches his comeback. Expect a tonne of Zlatanisms over the coming weeks.

Dobbs

It's good for any professional to make a return from a serious injury plus he'll be a really good squad option. So I'm happy.

However do we really need to keep making out he's defying biology? We don't even know exactly what the injury was and still arent sure when he'll be back. His recovery is looking to be roughly what you'd expect.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It's good for any professional to make a return from a serious injury plus he'll be a really good squad option. So I'm happy.

However do we really need to keep making out he's defying biology? We don't even know exactly what the injury was and still arent sure when he'll be back. His recovery is looking to be roughly what you'd expect.
:nono: He is Zlatan...

Wilt

Just the thought of Zlatan, Lukaku, Rashford/Martial, Pogba ....if that doesn't bring back the fear factor, nothing will.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I will whisper this quietly- I am glad he is not fit just at the moment as trying to fit him in the team right now would upset the dynamic of the team.
As the season progresses we will need strength in depth as players fatigue especially if we progress in the CL.
For me I can't see how Lukaku and Ibra would fit well together so it would be an either or.
Pretty much agree. We've been playing smoother football without him and trying to fit him in wouldn't be positive right now imo. The odd game until the new year would be preferential for me.
We're better off continuing letting players build the on field relationship with Lukaku while things are going well.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We'll miss Lukaku when he isn't playing. I think his movement, pace and directness has helped us a lot this season. Last season i thought Zlatan hindered our attack a lot by dropping deep and overplaying. It's good that he's a confident player but at times i think he believes he's better than he actually is, or at least believes he's better at certain things than he actually is.

NiceGuyEddie

Seem to remember the Tottenham game being touted as his return target when he signed his new contract. Could still happen, but even if it's December, he's not far off. Nothing but respect from me.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What about Luke Shaw? Is he still broken?

StonedhamsterZA

We'll miss Lukaku when he isn't playing. I think his movement, pace and directness has helped us a lot this season. Last season i thought Zlatan hindered our attack a lot by dropping deep and overplaying. It's good that he's a confident player but at times i think he believes he's better than he actually is, or at least believes he's better at certain things than he actually is.
This is my concern as well.

I believe Zlatan is a remarkable player, but like with Beckham, you have to style a type of play to suit the Zlatan and - in my mind - that didn't really work that well last season. I know there will be the opinion that we are scoring goals now, so there's less pressure on our players, but I still can't help but think this will change our dynamic going forward, and that's not something we need right now going into some tough games.

Sure it gives us a different option, but I really don't think we can give Lukaku a rest and just chuck Zlatan on in his place with the same system and everything will just work out.

That all said, I'm interested to see how Mou will make it work, and it's great to have someone to give Lukaku a rest that is more physical than Martial or Rashford.

Interesting times ahead, huh?