Zokora

soccerbest

who the feck is he, another djemba?

Zokora's Red Alert
Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to launch a £10million deal to bring St Etienne midfielder Didier Zokora to Old Trafford. Manchester United boss Fergie is determined to land Zokora, rated as the best central midfielder playing in France. Chelsea have also been in the hunt for the Ivory Coast international, but Fergie is confident of signing the 24-year-old in the January transfer window. Zokora is similar in style to Chelsea’s Michael Essien but is priced less than half the £24m Jose Mourinho paid for the former Lyon midfielder. Fergie will enter the transfer market when the window re-opens and a pre-contract agreement to sign Zokora could be confirmed within weeks.
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

MUFC187

Well, apparently the guys over at Red Issue have spoken to his agent and confirmed that he is desperate to come and held talks with United in July.

Thing about singing him now (jan) is that he would miss between 3-6 weeks in January for the African Nations Cup.

I have seen very little of him but i know he is very highly rated in France.

MUFC187

soccerbest said:
who the feck is he, another djemba?
:rolleyes: , you can't now just regard every African midfielder from France as another Djemba-Djemba.

Justin

MUFC187 said:
:rolleyes: , you can't now just regard every African midfielder from France as another Djemba-Djemba.
Just goes to show the scale of impact Dj2x had on everyone.

MUFC187

MehdiMahdavikia said:
Djemba Djemba wasn't considered a top player in France.

I think this is a key point that very few people actually realise.

If Djemba was such a good midfielder at Nantes why did i see them use him at right-back on quite a few occasions?

Justin

MUFC187 said:
If Djemba was such a good midfielder at Nantes why did i see them use him at right-back on quite a few occasions?
He can split himself into two.

skeeta

Yet another rambling idiot
I remain ambivalent - not the signings I would have expected and I've been praying to the almighty powers of the cosmic universe to bring in another centre midfielder or perhaps provide Scholes with some form of transport to aid his getting about the pitch.

MUFC187

bbest said:
i think malouba and a few lads of lyon deserve a second look.
It seems that Houllier doesn't like Malouda much so he would be available and United have been interested in the past but with Park's arrival that ship may have sailed now.

Wouldn't mind Diarra from Lyon though.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
MUFC187 said:
It seems that Houllier doesn't like Malouda much so he would be available and United have been interested in the past but with Park's arrival that ship may have sailed now.

Wouldn't mind Diarra from Lyon though.
Maloudas shite, cant pass

Diarras athletic, not a bad option.

MUFC187

Mozza said:
Maloudas shite, cant pass

Diarras athletic, not a bad option.

Shite is going a bit far but i would agree that we could do better.

Diarra is a nasty midfielder, something we could do with.

Gabe

MrMarcello said:
I believe Wenger covets Diarra as well. Could be a dog fight to get him. Of course, Chelsea might just offer 15m to keep him from United. :rolleyes:
It sounds a little insane but yeah, Chelsea have probably got the money to do this. Supposedly Abrahimovich is selling his Oil company for over 7 billion(sterling).

Of course no quality player will want to sit on Chelsea's bench.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Gabe said:
Of course no quality player will want to sit on Chelsea's bench.
Crespo? SWP? Carvalho? Gudjohnsen? Plenty of good players who would have a starting place in most Premiership teams. Hopefully that will be Chelsea's death, having too many quality players who want to play!

Gabe

Michel04 said:
Crespo? SWP? Carvalho? Gudjohnsen? Plenty of good players who would have a starting place in most Premiership teams. Hopefully that will be Chelsea's death, having too many quality players who want to play!
Yes, I think the signs are there already; Carvalho, Huth.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Will there ever be a time where people will talk about a transfer prospect without mentioning chel$ki :mad:

(Calmed down) Diarra is quality and rated by many managers, unlike the DJ twins who we paid double the price for.

Lmarco

jatin said:
i think lmarco should have an insight on this guy

He is central midfielder for Saint-Etienne, very good technically speaking, not bad in duels but not his main strength, i don't see him actually found of defending and tackling so i think he is in some way the opposite of Djemba.

He is rather offensive minded, an Ivory Coast international...Called maestro since his beginnings in Belgium, because he is a good passer and has a correct "vision of play".

Well, the problem is that though he is quite a good player he has almost no European matches experience and doesn't play in a top championship at the moment. I don't know if it would be a good buy for Man United, players can always deceive or surprise, but there is also the question of him adapting to the PL and life in England. At 10M£ i found it maybe excessive but mainly risky.

Lmarco

Some people mention Diarra, not the one owned by Liverpool and now playing for Lens, but the well-kown midfielder of Lyon.

He is really good, i saw him many times again this season and he was hugely impressive each time, even against Real Madrid.

The problem is that Aulas will once again ask a lot of money...This summer he said that he wouldn't let him go for less than 30 or 35M€ (20 to 23M£).

kanchelskis14

Lmarco said:
Some people mention Diarra, not the one owned by Liverpool and now playing for Lens, but the well-kown midfielder of Lyon.

He is really good, i saw him many times again this season and he was hugely impressive each time, even against Real Madrid.

The problem is that Aulas will once again ask a lot of money...This summer he said that he wouldn't let him go for less than 30 or 35M€ (20 to 23M£).
We shouldn't be penny-pinching on Keane's replacement. I've been saying all summer that we should have paid what it took for Essien, and I still support that notion. Not a position we can compromise on.

MehdiMahdavikia

Quite like the sound of this Zokora, definetly nothing to do with replacing Keane but could be a good player.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
kanchelskis14 said:
I think we could have paid what they paid for him, but probably doubted his credentials enough to warrant the fee.
Upon hearing that United had offered 25m, ******* would have increased their offer to 27m or more. They know United couldn't afford to get into a bidding war. Essien was never going to play for United once ******* identified him as their top target.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
Essien was a non-target once the Renties got involved. Glazer'd have to conjure up 30m+ to win the player auction. For all the sweet talk about making money available, Uncle Malc looks well skint from the outside.

It's much easier to shine at Stamford Bridge, there Essien merely augments a winning team. At Utd, he not only has to justify the massive lay out but more crucially live up to the Keane-successor label. That's big shoes he has to fill, one more established players would have struggled with.