NFL Thread 2013-14

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The first round of the draft is Thursday at 8 est. Fisher and Joeckel look likely to be the first two picks, after that it's up in the air.

1 Kansas City
2 Jacksonville
3 Oakland
4 Philadelphia
5 Detroit
6 Cleveland
7 Arizona
8 Buffalo
9 New York Jets
10 Tennessee
11 San Diego
12 Miami
13 New York Jets from Tampa Bay
14 Carolina
15 New Orleans
16 St. Louis
17 Pittsburgh
18 Dallas
19 New York Giants
20 Chicago
21 Cincinnati
22 St. Louis from Washington
23 Minnesota
24 Indianapolis
25 Minnesota from Seattle
26 Green Bay
27 Houston
28 Denver
29 New England
30 Atlanta
31 San Francisco
32 Baltimore

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This years draft doesn't have the same hype without the star name like Luck and RG3 from last year. The only 2 draftees I can think of are Teo and some guy called Honey Eater or some other stupid nickname.

Will be interesting who the Pats draft. We could use another WR but the defense surely must be addressed first and foremost.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
This years draft doesn't have the same hype without the star name like Luck and RG3 from last year. The only 2 draftees I can think of are Teo and some guy called Honey Eater or some other stupid nickname.

Will be interesting who the Pats draft. We could use another WR but the defense surely must be addressed first and foremost.
Aye, the excitement around this draft is blah. What's the deal with Teo? Everyone gotten past that weird imaginary girlfriend thing now?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

:lol: The Honey Badger!

Andrew~

:lol: The Honey Badger!
Tyranne Mathieu or something. Looks like seriously good slot corner and return player. I've decided I'm firmly behind Seattle now so hopefully 'we' pick him up in the third or something, as unlikely as that is.

Andrew~

Yeah he is undersized but he was a Heisman finalist as a sophomore. Which is very unlikely for a cornerback.
He's so good though! Great instincts and hunts for the ball like crazy. But his size, not-so-great showing at the combine and character issues might see him drop to the third... and I hope we get him!

Coaches might not be willing to use a high draft pick on him with all those questions.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
My guess is the Patriots will trade out of the 1st round to amass more picks later in the draft.

With the picks they do use, I can see them taking a corner, defensive and 1 or 2 wide receivers.

There's no real buzz about this year's draft really. Nowhere near last year's at any rate.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Tyranne Mathieu or something. Looks like seriously good slot corner and return player. I've decided I'm firmly behind Seattle now so hopefully 'we' pick him up in the third or something, as unlikely as that is.
Greedy! Seattle’s secondary looks scary enough as it is. Sherman and Thomas are stars and Chancellor and Browner complement them very well. I’m a huge fan of Winfield’s toughness and tackling ability for his size as well. I still find it hard to believe the NFC West has turned around so quickly.

Of the players I have read up on, seen on Youtube, then pretended I have followed their college career from the start.... I like the look of DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods and Markus Wheaton.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Seems everyone is looking to trade down this year at least to get out of the top 10. Going to be tough for teams who want to pick up extra picks I think. It seems the Bills might be interested in getting an extra 1rst rounder so they can take Nassib in the late 1rst round.

The Honey Badger has sent out invites to a post draft party, referring to himself as a first round draft pick. Not sure I have seen one mock draft predicting anyone to take him in the first round, but I have only looked at a few.

forevrared

One of the more underwhelming draft classes in recent years. No real elite skill players to speak of.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
There does seem to be quite a lot of depth at receiver though.

Not a top end guy like A.J Green or Julio Jones but second or third round guys with different attributes.

Surely Mathieu wouldn't have been silly enough to design and send out the invites himself.

forevrared

Mathieu was only rated around 3rd-4th round talent before all of his arrests and drug problems. The only place he's a first rounder is in his mind.

JustAFan

There does seem to be quite a lot of depth at receiver though.

Not a top end guy like A.J Green or Julio Jones but second or third round guys with different attributes.

Surely Mathieu wouldn't have been silly enough to design and send out the invites himself.
To be honest, yes he just might have been.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
We have a Mancunian in the draft by the way.

Menelik Watson. Great story, hope he lands on a team that will be patient with him.

I set it up to automatically renew last year's one in August, so we can just start from where we left off last year. We can add a few more players or subtract those who don't want to play this year. I'm happy to manage it again if people want me to.

forevrared

There's a fella from my school projected for late 2nd-early 3rd round. Until I accidentally deleted it a few months ago, I had a voicemail from him on my phone (albeit calling asking me to renew my athletic fund donation). I'm almost cool.

Andrew~

I was never really that interested in the draft, but had an idea that they might use game theory to design matrices for it. And since I'm a massive game theory nerd, my interest just went up a hundred times.

I've just been checking out some draft matrices for Seattle (made by mock drafters obviously) and it's really interesting stuff, although now I'm really interested in how they come up with their draft ratings... I'm going to be up all night! :drool:

Heffo

Can't wait for the draft, it may not have elite skill players like RGIII and Luck last year, but it's a draft that's strong in the trenches and has a lot of depth. Will be interesting to see how much trading goes on this year and what sort of price teams make to move up a few spots. Imo the players that will likely be available at the end of the 1st round won't be too different in quality to players available at the end of the second.

JustAFan

Menelik Watson. Great story, hope he lands on a team that will be patient with him.
From Wiki

At Burnage High School he excelled in sports. However, he shattered his right ankle in 2001 during a park-based friendly association football game, meaning that he could not progress in his hopes of playing for Manchester City F.C.
feck him.

Andrew~

There's also that posh douchebag who did discus at the Olympics for Team GB. He's been to some of the the pro day workouts and is apparently impressing some scouts.

This guy. He knows some people that I know, and by all accounts he's a bit of a knob, but still, good luck to him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well the title game is when everyone realized. But as a regular Notre Dame watcher, I knew years ago. I still remember him getting destroyed by a decent but not great Michigan guard Patrick Omameh.
Ha. I got LJBF'd by his sister. Wrote a thread about it and all.

True story.

gormless

I wonder is he worth keeping for the future, or is he only every going to be a backup for a big team.

I suppose another question is, is there anyone worth trading up for this season?
I think the consensus this year is that there is a lack of elite talent, but its a deep draft. So the players you get at the end of round 1 will be of a same talent level to the end of round 2. Therefore I think it will be hard for teams to trade back and get additional picks as everyone wants as many picks as possible this year.

ha_rooney

Doesn't Kansas want anyone? Usually teams run to get the first pick.

Edit: 'The War Room' :lol:

ha_rooney

I don't care much about the draft, but the reactions of the pundits and fans is superb.

Love the Austin 'what' chants :lol:

ha_rooney

How do they have shirts for whoever gets picked already?
Sky's twitter said there's a printing press backstage and they do it between the time the pick is made and announced.

Skywarden

Who the hell is rating Flacco other than Flacco and the Ravens themselves? He's more underrated than anything.

Anyhow, Jets fans knows what's up:

:lol: