NFL Thread 2013-14

Skywarden

I know feck all about the drafts; why did the Cowboys draft Frederick during the first round?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jets have drafted Geno Smith - a QB.

I want to know what Butt-Fumble and Saint Tebow think of this :lol:

GloryHunter07

Raiders take Menelik watson - good to have a Manchester lad on my team even if he was in the City academy

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
:lol::lol::lol: Niners

Give up the 12th pick in the 3rd round to move up 13 picks in the 1st round to fill the biggest position of need.

Receive the Titans' pick in the 3rd round next year to move down 6 picks in the 2nd round and fill another position of need. Also receiving a 7th rounder this year.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
feck the Dolphins, reaching to get a player that could have grabbed with the first round pick they had and the Raiders use the 2nd round pick the Dolphins gave them to get a player the Dolphins really could have used. Flipper Idiots

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Used to watch it all the time a few years ago. Mates and I played the Madden NFL games on the Xbox, learned the rules etc. I stopped watching it 'cos the games would be on a Sunday and it would wreck my sleeping pattern for the week.

ha_rooney

Pats drafted a CB, WR, Safety and Line-backer with their picks today.

I have no idea whether these players are any good but I'm glad we've got a WR and (hopefully) improved the defense.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad

I have no idea whether these players are any good but I'm glad we've got a WR and (hopefully) improved the defense.
Im praying we improved the defence, because for the most part it sucks. Talib helped us out with changing that a bit last year, his introduction seemed to get them going a bit but still they seemed to have on and off days.

JP77

Jarvis motherfecking Jones!

Health might be a risk but damn I'm looking forward to having him. Happy with everything so far. Mixed opinions from most on Bell, we'll see. Wheaton in the third I'm loving, even if we could do with a bit more depth in other departments (A safety being one. Polamalu playing every game just isn't going to happen).

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

The WR is that lad from the ESPN ad for the last year with the one handed catch. Looks like a good prospect.

JP77

Shamarko Thomas in the fourth, good shout there.

Jones also in the fourth makes sense too. Good backup for Ben.

Think we've got it spot on so far.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Shamarko Thomas in the fourth, good shout there.

Jones also in the fourth makes sense too. Good backup for Ben.

Think we've got it spot on so far.
I liked the look of Markus Wheaton too, kind of similar to Brown and Sanders.

Their recent history or developing receivers has been impressive as well.

I’m interested to see which mid round picks turn out to be good players or busts.

Hunter, Allen, Williams, Wheaton, Dobson, Boyce, Patton, Woods etc.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
San Francisco takes a chance on Marcus Lattimore. They can afford to sit him for the year.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Jordan Poyer fell hard, Joe Kruger is good value as well. Matt Berkley is a strange one but still excited to see what he can do.

All in all solid start to the first two days of the draft but as ever I am more excited about seeing 4th - 7th rounders and seeing if they can have an effect.

ha_rooney

Tebow released. Surely that's the end of his QB career.

manutddjw

He should go to Green Bay, where they have a history of developing quarterbacks and there will be no circus and quarterback controversy because no one will be clamoring for him to play over Aaron Rodgers. He'd be a better backup than Graham Harrell.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Doubt that. I haven't seem Harrell since his Texas Tech days but at least he could throw. Timmay never had the skills to be an NFL quarterback. A great defense/ running game for half a season in Denver made his record look far better than it ever should have.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think he ends up in Jacksonville despite the GM and owner having stated otherwise in the past months. It's about hype and marketing with Tebow.

He'd fit better in a system that allows a QB to improvise and run, ala San Francisco, but he has to give up on this stupid notion he's a starting caliber QB at this level.

If he truly wants a long NFL career he needs to convert to a FB/HB type role, which he's vehemently denied he would do so. So he's probably CFL bound ala Flutie back in the 80s (although Flutie could throw but back then teams didn't give short QBs a chance).

Skywarden

He was sent by God, it's not his fault for pursuing a dream.

Who in their right mind would give him a QB spot now?

Phil

Guy who went to my school and represented team GB in discus Lawrence Okoye signs for the 49ers..

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I have no idea how the Cowboys evaluation stacked up in relation to other teams and media ‘experts’.

I know for a fact that Travis Frederick’s beard is fecking awesome though.

It’s worth a rise of at least 20 spots on Keyser from the internets draft board.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I have no idea how the Cowboys evaluation stacked up in relation to other teams and media ‘experts’.

I know for a fact that Travis Frederick’s beard is fecking awesome though.

It’s worth a rise of at least 20 spots on Keyser from the internets draft board.
Certainly a draft worthy beard.

ha_rooney

He was offered a chance to be a QB coach in the Lingerie League (Tebow a QB coach :lol:). There was also a petition to the White House to get the Jaguars to take him.

Remarkably, Forbes has named him as America's most influential athlete. If he wasn't a stubborn twat, I'm sure a team would have taken him by now as a FB/RB or maybe even TE.

kikks

Excited about the Vikings draft. Floyd projected 3rd overall available at 23, Rhodes who looks like a potential shutdown corner and an explosive talent in Patterson.

Mike linebacker is still a need, but Mauti and Hodges from Linebacker U might help out. Big hopes for Mauti, hope he can recover from his injuries. I had hoped that we stay pat in the second to grab Brown and maybe grab a receiver in the 3rd and 4th, but I have no problems with the FO going after the guy they wanted. Hope it works out. Ponder is entering a critical year. If we underwhelms this year as well, it might be time to grab a quarterback next year.

Punter pick is a bit silly though. A punter in the 5th! I liked Kluwe as well, but he did have a tendency to shank it at the wrong time. Oh well. This rookie better be awesome.