NFL Thread 2013-14

Not sure, although with Vereen fully healthy again, they've got plenty of depth. I'm still not convinced about Ridley or Bolden though. Blount looked superb down the stretch last season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Disappointed Blount has gone, although he was largely ineffective in the AFC game. If Ridley didn't fumble so much, he'd be a terrific RB. I like Vereen, he offers the dual-threat on 3rd downs as a receiver as well as rusher but neither he nor Ridley have the power Blount did.

Andrew~

DOn't worry you have the ridiculously stretched out NFL draft coming up. .
Great. My friend actually watched the Combine this year... All this draft news is so boring, "which QB is best"; "is Clowney lazy"? Who cares, start the season already! :mad:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Johnny Football apparently visited the Pats. Not sure why, isn't he meant to be one of the players that is likely to go in the top-5??

Andrew~

Johnny Football apparently visited the Pats. Not sure why, isn't he meant to be one of the players that is likely to go in the top-5??
Is there a coach that has ever managed to have long term success after picking and grooming one HOF QB, and then continuing that success with another HOF pick?

Belichick could do it.

Wittmann45

Is there a coach that has ever managed to have long term success after picking and grooming one HOF QB, and then continuing that success with another HOF pick?

Belichick could do it.
Only thing close I can think of is Bill Walsh. Drafted Montana, traded for Young who was groomed to be the successor, though by the time of succession, Walsh had retired

Mighty Boosh

How would people rank the 2014 QB class?

Think Bortles is looking nailed on to be the first off the board, managed to watch him a few times and he has all the tools to be a top QB but he's not someone I'd want to be throwing a top pick at and trying to build a franchise with. I love Manziel and would love to see him do well in the NFL but much like RGIII he's going to have to learn to stop taking such big hits. Mettenberger in the second is a guy I like and I think he'll be a steal for someone.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Could very well spell the end of the franchise in Buffalo. An aging stadium, his heirs have long ago expressed a lack of interest in keeping the franchise after his death. The team will undoubtably go up for sale. Former Bills great Jim Kelly will probably lead an effort to buy the team, but it could finally be a chance for the NFL to get a team in Canada (Toronto). Los Angeles could be another destination.
They'd probably already be in another city if not for the cap/revenue sharing. Same for Green Bay and probably a few other clubs.

I've heard rumors that the Raiders may very well be on their way to Los Angeles (again). They should not have been allowed to return to Oakland to start with.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
DeSean to the Redskins and shortly after, knucklehead D Hall posted some social media tripe about him "being the kind of guy they need in the locker room." Holy shit, this is going to implode magnificently. When someone like Hall is making those kind of claims and saying DeSean is a leader...

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Hey there guys.

A Pats supporter here.

But I do support the Jaguars as well. That's more as a local team considering they have committed 4 years to London.

I am looking forward to see where the likes of Clowney, Bortles, Bridgewater and Manziel go. I hope the Jags get Manziel. Would love to see him in the flesh at Wembley in November.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
They'd probably already be in another city if not for the cap/revenue sharing. Same for Green Bay and probably a few other clubs.

I've heard rumors that the Raiders may very well be on their way to Los Angeles (again). They should not have been allowed to return to Oakland to start with.
Yeah the revenue sharing and salary cap has saved a number of franchises and made it possible for many to be able to not just survive but compete for titles. Green Bay's ownership structure probably would have allowed them to survive without revenue sharing, whether they could compete or not would be another question.

Given Al Davis' having won one lawsuit v. the NFL over the first move to LA, they were unlikely to stand in his way of moving the team back to Oakland. Whether they will oppose a move back to LA or not, who knows, but deep down the NFL wants a team in LA as do the TV Networks.