31 Denver Broncos
32 Seattle Seahawks

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pats-Broncos week 9 :drool:

The season is too far away :(

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Broncos are going to have an even meaner defense than last year. Bring it on! One last chance for Peyton to win the Super Bowl.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Excited about this draft.

I have a season ticket for the International Series so I hope the Jags get Manziel or Bridgewater. I don't want to watch Chad Henne again.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looks like trouble ahead between Graham & the Saints. He's filed a grievance against them so he can get WR money.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've only been half following NFL for a few years so really don't get the intricacies of it yet.

How does this work in so far as player choice? If a player is drafted by, say Houston as they have first pick, what if he doesn't want to play for them?

I've always wondered that myself, as John Elway refused to go to the Colts (I think) a few years back. I don't think they have any choice in the matter, up to a point.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
If they don't get traded to a team they do want to play for(or the team that picked them doesn't want to trade), they can't play for any team that year.

Can't remember do they go back into the draft next season or do they count as free agents. Eli Manning refused the team that drafted him, IIRC, so they done a deal with the Giants.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I've only been half following NFL for a few years so really don't get the intricacies of it yet.

How does this work in so far as player choice? If a player is drafted by, say Houston as they have first pick, what if he doesn't want to play for them?
The player does not have too much choice, he can refuse to sign for the team until they trade him but that costs him money and takes time out of what is really a short career. I have heard stories that players will often have their agent let a team know that he does not want to play for them, and in many cases the team will just take that player off its draft board or if the player is in demand enough trade that draft pick spot to some other club and get something extra out of the deal.

In the case of a guy like Jim Kelly who was adamant about not wanting to play for Buffalo he went to the USFL, today's players do not have that choice, what is funny is that Jim went on to be really the face of the franchise and in many ways still is, leading the efforts to find a new owner who will keep the club in Buffalo. He has gone from hating the franchise and the city, to being hugely loyal.

The player does not have too much choice, he can refuse to sign for the team until they trade him but that costs him money and takes time out of what is really a short career. I have heard stories that players will often have their agent let a team know that he does not want to play for them, and in many cases the team will just take that player off its draft board or if the player is in demand enough trade that draft pick spot to some other club and get something extra out of the deal.

In the case of a guy like Jim Kelly who was adamant about not wanting to play for Buffalo he went to the USFL, today's players do not have that choice, what is funny is that Jim went on to be really the face of the franchise and in many ways still is, leading the efforts to find a new owner who will keep the club in Buffalo. He has gone from hating the franchise and the city, to being hugely loyal.
I didn't know that about Kelly. Crazy eh!

Nearco

youth team player
Interesting piece on NFL.com that the Glazer's might want to make a splash a trade up if need be to grab Manziel.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Can't wait to boo at my screen when the Jets take an autistic turtle at 18

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Who is going at No.1 then? Surely it is going to be Clowney?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Let me tell you this draft over 3 days stuff stinks. Even over two days was bad, but at least both were on the weekend. Why back in my day we did not even have it televised, you found out who your team drafted by waking up the next morning and reading the paper. Now all you kids, get the feck off my lawn!

20solskjaer

First 5 are going to be

Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Watkins and Lewan

I reckon

Pscholes18

Id like to see the Rams pick up a skilled position player at 2 and a OL at 13 where there still should be some decent tackles available.