NFL Thread 2013-14

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Steve Smith cut by the Panthers. Would be a decent pick-up for most teams, despite his age.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
On twitter via peeps at ESPN, the Revis deal is 2 years.

In the end, Revis’ Pats deal turns out to be a two-year deal worth $32M with a team option for $20M in 2015… which means no franchise tag

Andrew~

Red Bryant (DL) to Jacksonville; Chris Clemons (DE) cut; Golden Tate (WR) to Detroit; Breno Giacomini (OL) to NYJ; Chris Mararogos (LB/Special Teams) to Philly; Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond (CB) are going around as well.

Thurmond can probably get starter money somewhere, he's very good. Seattle players are cashing in on the Superbowl win.

ha_rooney

Wilfork will literally be a massive loss. I hope they can agree something which allows him to stay.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Srs question - are there more Patriots fans on the caf than every other team combined?

iSparky

Pats sign Brandon Browner. Also apparently Edelman is visiting the 49ers today according to ESPN :(

ha_rooney

Browner deal confirmed? Can't find anything on ESPN other than a report saying both sides are talking. Hope this gets done, would improve our secondary further after the Revis signing.

Edelman going would leave us short at WR. I'm hopeful he will return and we can get a deep-threat WR as well. Losing Edelman would be a blow, I doubt Brady would be happy.

iSparky

It's was initially reported the browner deal was done. Now ESPN have taken the story down and there are 'conflicting reports'. Tommy Kelly has restructured and freed up 800k cap room though.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Rodgers-Cromartie visiting with the Jets. Not sure on this one. One good season preceded by a lot of mediocre, and reportedly turned down 6/$54m with the Broncos.

Has the talent, no doubt. I'd like it, but would have to be at a lesser price than that.

ha_rooney

Twitter reckons Pats are confident Edelman will return. Apparently he's not being offered the money he had hoped for.

Andrew~

Browner signs for New England for a $17m contract; don't know the exact details but it's nice deal for him!

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Rodgers-Cromartie visiting with the Jets. Not sure on this one. One good season preceded by a lot of mediocre, and reportedly turned down 6/$54m with the Broncos.

Has the talent, no doubt. I'd like it, but would have to be at a lesser price than that.
Just read that his offer from the Broncos was effectively a 3/$24m deal

Andrew~

Until Browner get done for PEDs again.

The "Patriots Way" thing is an absolute myth. Like any other team in the league they'll sign any cheat/lowlife if they can get a good deal.
Coaches don't care about PEDs because the majority of players are on them anyway. On some level, they probably appreciate that the player is just trying to become the best he can be for himself and the team.

The cannabis thing is separate from the PED issue, and that was a mistake by him and the league.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Coaches don't care about PEDs because the majority of players are on them anyway. On some level, they probably appreciate that the player is just trying to become the best he can be for himself and the team.

The cannabis thing is separate from the PED issue, and that was a mistake by him and the league.
Totally agree on this part. Not so much on the other.

I don't know why the NFL continue with the dog and pony show of banning players for 4 games for ped's. Either lay down heavy bans for cheats or just ignore it completely and allow drug use to continue as-is without a ban.

ha_rooney

Great to hear Edelman will be back. Now to sign a deep threat and keep Gronk fit...

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Anderson's Cat ignoring the first rule of Redcafe NFL there - if you're not certain, assume you're talking to a Pats fan.

ha_rooney

Pats sign Brandon LaFell. Can't say I've seen much of him, is he a deep threat?

On a side note, the twitter journalists/ITKs are much more reliable when it comes to NFL stuff than football (soccer) rumours. I can actually read something and not immediately doubt its credibility.